MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How to look at stuff - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
How to look at stuff - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: David's Old Blog Posts (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: How to look at stuff (/showthread.php?tid=1952)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: How to look at stuff - Zulfadhli - 11-09-2011

David Wrote:
blwegrzyn Wrote:This answer screws my thinking completely.
So it is not exercising, not relaxation , but the way we use our eyes!!!
I can see that getting my vision back is going to be extremely hard.
While I type this I look at letters and I am lost.
Not sure what to change in the way I see?
I always though that relaxation was the primary step and once the eyes are relaxed i would see again.
I am starting to think that it cannot be one thing but it is a combination of all three.

It's pretty much what I've been saying over the last year. But if there's something in the last blog post that's unclear or seems wrong, let me know.
I think it is a combination of all three.Relaxation and proper use of eyes and imagination.

Re: How to look at stuff - clarknight - 11-10-2011

Oh yeah, forgot about that; if you are not interested in the dog, you, the mind, eyes keep looking at the things you are interested in.

Re: How to look at stuff - Nini - 11-10-2011

I think all depends on the size of the moving object or animal and the situation at the moment whether your attention is drawn towards it or not - because a great part of it depends on our instinct.

If you walk alone in unknown surroundings where you don't feel safe, even a small movement in the periphery of your vision fieldl will immediately attract your attention and your eyes are instinctively drawn towards it.
Whereas when you relax at a crowded beach you might not even take note of people crossing in front of you - it would take something really big or unusual,for example a helicopter landing nearby, to make you become aware of the movement.

Re: How to look at stuff - clarknight - 11-10-2011

Good point.

Re: How to look at stuff - Zulfadhli - 11-10-2011

Quote:It is as natural for the eye to see as it is for the mind to acquire knowledge,and any effort in either case not only is useless but defeats the end in view.
-Dr Williams Bates
I still think that this is wrong.
Why?
You pay attention or force yourself to pay attention.

If i remember correctly
Mind is at rest= eyes at rest
Perfect mind= perfect vision.

If we force ourselves too much with this centralization thing we will never obtain it.

I have been trying David's method for the pass 48hours and i am streessed.I concentrate but that beats it back to the point.
Remember all vision according to Bates is effortless.
Which gives us an answer=
Effortless centralization.

Davids method is 100% correct!
But remember once we force ourselves to centralize we do it abnormally.

Centralization occurs when one is relaxed unstrained and happy.

Which as i preached effortless centralization.

This is what i want to preach effortless concentration= effortless centralization

“When the archer shoots for no particular prize, he has all his skills; when he shoots to win a brass buckle, he is already nervous; when he shoots for a gold prize, he goes blind, sees two targets, and is out of his mind. His skill has not changed, but the prize divides him. He cares! He thinks more of winning than of shooting, and the need to win drains him of power.”
Chinese sage TranXu

Re: How to look at stuff - clarknight - 12-13-2011

I know I have said this before; Davids post on how the eyes move with the mental attention; how the eyes, central field moves automatically with the mind, 'brains attention'=I love it!! Really cant remember any Natural Vision Improvement Teacher emphasizing this. It really is true, effective! All you have to do is be interested in objects, the environment, look at parts, details and the eyes move 'shift' automatically without even trying! No exercises, no effort. This is the true, natural way to improve the eyesight. Relaxation occurs automatically as the mind is interested in looking at things for fun. Negative thoughts, emotions are forgotten. The mind, eyes, body relax, more to the positive state!

Re: How to look at stuff - minjja - 05-25-2012

David Wrote:Makes sense that you have to do this to really see what you are already capable of seeing right now, right? And yet you don't already do this, do you.

Don't try to do anything to "bring out" the details that you think are there. You are simply using your vision, as it is in this moment, to its fullest extent, by looking at things the way you're meant to.

David I know that this is an old thread but I´m reading it again and I would like to make sure that I´m understanding it.
I have an urge to make clearler everything I look at at once even I know that it is a mistake.
I think I look throught the blur or behind it because there is what I want to see. What about thinking of it as looking at it and nothing is behind it?? Like I dont have to do nothing to change what I see and simply perceive it. My problem is to understant that I do nothing and that it is too simple. Big Grin
Clearer vision comes to me if I dont haunt it,right??

Re: How to look at stuff - ted - 11-30-2012

David:
Quote:Remember that during this process you can spend time at things that do indirectly help your vision, such as palming, improving your back/neck posture, or conscious breathing. But when it comes to how to look at things, you don't need to be practicing anything in your way of using your eyes that people with good vision don't already do. And what they do is not hard. This process is really about backing up and understanding how simple seeing is supposed to be. You'll beat yourself up when you finally realize that what you've been avoiding doing is the very key to seeing clearly.

This is great, this paragraph just came to mind earlier. I realized in myself how much of the day I spend avoiding looking at people or making eye contact, etc. So this morning I made the decision that I was going to try my best to "face" up to the things I've been avoiding. Little subtle things....such as looking this way or that way instead of avoiding, making eye contact when it feels right, or looking at the teacher when he speaks. I think a good definition of avoidance (with the eyes) is when attention shifts to something, but the eyes do not move.

I think it's very important to be very honest with yourself, with how you behave, analyze it, criticize it, and then you can find ways to improve. If your honest, inquisitive, "facing" up to what's there even if it is uncomfortable, you can honestly go about improving in the best way possible.

There's a "spiritual" book I read once and one of the chapter titles was, "Face everything, avoid nothing."
I think this means.....following attention where it may lead, and not trying to force it forward, or slow it down. Like going with the flow. I guess.

Do y'all think that people with greater vision problems will experience more emotional and transforming changes in lifestyle than those with minor acuity problems as they improve their vision? I feel like this is the case.

Re: How to look at stuff - ted - 01-21-2013

Quote:By stopping your thoughts, for even just a moment, you stop your programming, and from that perspective you can better see what is really going on with yourself when you try to see.

Just to clarify, when you say "try" in this sentence are you talking about the trying that is a strain or as in trying to see details?

Quote:You're rebuilding your programming in order to have a functional visual system (it isn't as hard as it sounds), so you have to step outside of it a little, devalue it, and in your firm grounding in your breath be willing to toss away a little bit what you thought of as "who you are" if it isn't congruent to the way your visual system is supposed to work.

I was wondering if you could give an example of something that could be misperceived as "who you are" but is actually disruptive to you? How important was this grounding through breathing in your process of improving your vision, if you don't mind me asking?

Re: How to look at stuff - David - 01-22-2013

ted Wrote:
Quote:By stopping your thoughts, for even just a moment, you stop your programming, and from that perspective you can better see what is really going on with yourself when you try to see.

Just to clarify, when you say "try" in this sentence are you talking about the trying that is a strain or as in trying to see details?

Either one. Whatever you're doing.

ted Wrote:
Quote:You're rebuilding your programming in order to have a functional visual system (it isn't as hard as it sounds), so you have to step outside of it a little, devalue it, and in your firm grounding in your breath be willing to toss away a little bit what you thought of as "who you are" if it isn't congruent to the way your visual system is supposed to work.

I was wondering if you could give an example of something that could be misperceived as "who you are" but is actually disruptive to you? How important was this grounding through breathing in your process of improving your vision, if you don't mind me asking?

An example might be if you force a smile and force it into your eyes too without it being spontaneous. Or if you're proud of your ability to be able to sense things in your peripheral vision without being surprised, and you don't pay enough attention to your central vision.

I don't know how important it's been for me. So like everything else, take it just as an idea. So many things have changed, so many wrong paths, and it's hard for me to keep track or understand what happened.

Re: How to look at stuff - simit19mishra91 - 02-05-2013

David Wrote:Nini - Here's my take on your points. People with normal vision can retain it whether they're "present" or not, because their programming that takes over doesn't include the things that cause bad vision. It takes a lot of abuse for vision to start to slip. Even so, playing with pencils and looking out the window sounds to me like being more present than trying to follow an abstract and probably boring lesson.

If less attention in what you're looking at seems to result in seeing more clearly, examine what you're doing when paying attention to it. You're probably doing something such as trying to make it clearer, or doing some sort of shifting or something else that you think is the right thing to do, instead of just looking at the smallest spots of color that you can already see without it becoming any clearer.
Even I found the same that when I try and look at writings on the screen of my laptop they are unclear whereas looking at my favorite car's wallpaper its much clear much more more of it I can notice sharper details also!! :Smile

Re: How to look at stuff - Nini - 02-06-2013

Oh, yes, David was right with his assumption:

Quote: You're probably doing something such as trying to make it clearer, or doing some sort of shifting or something else that you think is the right thing to do, instead of just looking at the smallest spots of color that you can already see without it becoming any clearer.

But it takes time to realize not only 'intellectually' how things are going wrong....
And then - finally, with more experience - comes the same conclusion:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.iblindness.org/community/viewtopic.php?p=18887#p18887">viewtopic.php?p=18887#p18887</a><!-- l -->

Thanks again for the good explanation.

Re: How to look at stuff - DaniFixe - 02-19-2013

Had to read this topic again to see where I was falling and I found it. I'm using my eyes like a pencil,focusing on border lines than at inside...how I could see better using my eyes like this? People with good vision just look to an point that call's more interest.
Now,how I'm going to have interest in everything I look ?