MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
new members require approval for first post - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
new members require approval for first post - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Administration (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: new members require approval for first post (/showthread.php?tid=2002)

new members require approval for first post - David - 01-17-2012

All new members' first post now requires approval. After that they're regular members. This prevents virtually all spam, unless there's a particularly tricky spambot that slips a legit looking post through.

I've been a little slow at approving new posters since implementing this. So either I need to appoint a moderator to help or find a way to have it notify me so I can be quicker about approving them.

Re: new members require approval for first post - FIAT2LUX - 01-18-2012

If you give me a spot to check on the site one to five times a day (and want my help), then I'll gladly help with moderation. I'll just need a list of what NOT to approve (or the reverse), because ads are easy to spot, but beyond that what to approve can get complex.

Re: new members require approval for first post - magnus - 08-21-2013

David Wrote:All new members' first post now requires approval. After that they're regular members. This prevents virtually all spam, unless there's a particularly tricky spambot that slips a legit looking post through.

I've been a little slow at approving new posters since implementing this. So either I need to appoint a moderator to help or find a way to have it notify me so I can be quicker about approving them.

There is nothing that discourages a new member for than finding out he requires approval AFTER HE REGISTERS.
The least you could do is tell people that approval is required in the signup area.
To top that off your profile doesnt even say when you were last here. If you have to require approval because you cant be bothered to boot the occasional spammer then you probably cant be bothered to do the approval either.

If you have a good question in the signup no spambot can get thru.

Re: new members require approval for first post - clarknight - 08-23-2013

What's up magnus? Your posts are basically trashing this forum. You have been accepted as a member recently so just relax and set up a few main questions about vision improvement so we can help you. Tell me the page you will post questions on and I will reply.