MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Mopia and lazy eye? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Mopia and lazy eye? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Mopia and lazy eye? (/showthread.php?tid=2048)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Mopia and lazy eye? - David - 04-10-2012

In 1903 Bates found 6% myopic in the school he worked with, before starting treatment. In my school I was one of the only few kids with glasses, from kindergarten on through high school. But it was also a rural area.

Re: Mopia and lazy eye? - FIAT2LUX - 04-10-2012

David Wrote:In 1903 Bates found 6% myopic in the school he worked with, before starting treatment. In my school I was one of the only few kids with glasses, from kindergarten on through high school. But it was also a rural area.

Was that with the North Dakota and New York classes that he tested the eye chart method on or was it another case that I haven't read about?

Re: Mopia and lazy eye? - Nancy - 04-10-2012

I love all the suggestions here. The only thing I would add is to palm for a few seconds at least whenever your eyes feel strained, longer if you can, no matter what anyone thinks. You can simply say your eyes need a break and this helps, and you may turn someone else on to NVI! It is not good for you to "push through" eyestrain, believe me. I'm taking a guess that this is exactly why your vision started to decline.

Re: Mopia and lazy eye? - David - 04-10-2012

FIAT2LUX Wrote:
David Wrote:In 1903 Bates found 6% myopic in the school he worked with, before starting treatment. In my school I was one of the only few kids with glasses, from kindergarten on through high school. But it was also a rural area.

Was that with the North Dakota and New York classes that he tested the eye chart method on or was it another case that I haven't read about?

Yes, North Dakota.

Re: Mopia and lazy eye? - FIAT2LUX - 04-11-2012

David Wrote:Yes, North Dakota.

Okay, then apparently I was way off in my percentages. Thanks for correcting that!

Ms. Nancy,

Okay. I'll have to remember to stand up for it if I think it warrants it rather than hiding in a hole (figuratively speaking). Thanks!

Re: Mopia and lazy eye? - Nancy - 04-11-2012

Fiat, your first priority is to take care of yourself, making sure you have the environment you need to be safe and healthy. There's no need to try to convert anyone else, and I usually don't offer any explanations unless I'm asked. If the person is confrontational "Why don't you just get glasses?", or defensive because they are wearing strong glasses, I gently explain that I am trying a healthier alternative, with no long explanations. I only "push back" if they really try to make me agree with them which I won't do. My focus is on myself and my own healing, and if I can teach interested receptive others, great. Feel how the person comes across and how they interact with you, and you'll know the most helpful way to act for both of you.

Re: Mopia and lazy eye? - FIAT2LUX - 04-11-2012

Okay. I'll take my bearing when talking to folks about it. Not completely hiding, but not completely preaching either. Just as much info as they want.