MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
-0.25 Dioptre success! - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
-0.25 Dioptre success! - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: -0.25 Dioptre success! (/showthread.php?tid=2105)

Pages: 1 2

Re: -0.25 Dioptre success! - Bifocal - 07-03-2012

Nancy, here is some interesting info.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://gettingstronger.org/2010/07/improve-eyesight-and-throw-away-your-glasses/">http://gettingstronger.org/2010/07/impr ... r-glasses/</a><!-- m -->

Re: -0.25 Dioptre success! - clarknight - 07-11-2012

I like this guys posts on Internet;

By BASIC TENET:

I believe that most nearsightedness stems from the visual system being out of alignment and unsynchronized - producing ingrained strain which bulges the corneas (like squeezed balloons). The myope's mind is then not pointed exactly when and where their eyes are pointed. Their eyes are not pointed exactly when and where their body is pointed. Their eyes are also not pointed exactly together. Their mind is also then not paying attention to the foveas (a symmetrically located, mirror-image pinpoint depression on each retina where distant objects/areas must be focused/captured for distinct sight). Each eye is also pointed slightly differently and incorrectly from each other at the outside world. The myope's whole visual system therefore is also pointed slightly below and skewed slightly offline from where it should be for their height in, and position towards, the visible world. Misalignment causes stress, friction and tension at various points in any system. A misaligned two-camera/eye system cannot exactly match up the images from the two receivers, preventing stereoscopic distance eyesight and promoting one overly-submissive and one overly-dominant eye so that the mind doesn't have to be distracted by mismatched double images. Our goal is to realign, synchronize and calibrate the various parts of our visual system. It will be incredibly difficult, and incredibly rewarding.

Re: -0.25 Dioptre success! - lucky001 - 07-13-2012

First of all I'm convinced that 80% of how a person turns out is due to their lifestyle, and only 20% accounts for genetic factors. In regards to myopia, there's no exception. I know dozens of men and women who wear glasses and their parents dont, and vice versa. Once again nobody is born with myopia, their lifestyle affects their vision, however I have to agree that some people are more susceptible to getting myopia compared to others. Some people's eyes might get weakened faster than others. However we're all born with 20/20 vision, and we can surely get it back.

I was always skeptical about the whole imagination and keeping positive theory in regards to vision improvement. I totally agree that some muscles are stressed, hence you need to relax them by looking far and by palming. Some muscles are weak and you need to stretch them out. I used to be really paranoid about not allowing a single negative thought in my mind, instead i realized that me constantly worrying about being positive was causing added stress. So i stopped, the reason why I'm not paranoid about the whole imagination, positivity, stress free mind technique is because if you were to take both your index fingers, and pull both your eye from the left and right sides, pull them gently backwards , you'll see almost 20/20. This proves that vision improvement has a lot to do with the physiological make up of your eyes, rather than imagination. For this test of pulling the eye back, you dont need imagination at all. Somehow your eyes are being pushed, hence the muscles are slightly being shifted from their position and its causing perfect vision. Try it and let me know..

Re: -0.25 Dioptre success! - arocarty - 07-17-2012

There's little disagreement among conventionalists, and those who practice NVI that there has been a physiological change to the eye. The question to be asked, is why? What is the underlying cause of that change, and why is it so fluctuating, even with those who have always had perfect sight? Bates undeniably demonstrated that vision is never perfect, continuously, and that our thoughts have an incredible amount of influence in the production of refractive errors. None of the vision experts of his time would come forward and disprove him, even though he publicly challenged them to do so. They knew they couldn't, and didn't want to risk their own reputations.

We are humans, we are going to feel stress, worry, anxiety, anger, sadness, etc. Those things cannot be shut off when seeking vision improvement, and it's a misunderstanding to think that that's what Bates was about. It's more about how we manage those feelings and thoughts, how we let them control us on a physical and mental level. Shutting them down and repressing them will tie your body in a pile of knots. It leaks out in others ways that creates turmoil in our nervous system. This is as much a part of the lifestyle tendency of myopes as is their tendency to spend lots of time simply doing things at the nearpoint.

Worrying about not worrying is never going to lessen strain and tension.

Re: -0.25 Dioptre success! - lou_deg - 07-17-2012

lucky01, I'm also aware of stretching the eye to improve acuity. I was at the dmv a year ago to renew my license. I brought a couple of glasses with me, both reduced prescription. A decade ago I used to wear -3.75(OD), -4.25(OS). Now I use mainly -1.75 diopter when I wear glasses. But I could not see clearly enough with the -1.75D to pass the test. I put on my -2.25 and my right eye can see clearly but my left eye was still blurry. Then I remembered to stretch the outside of my eye, and vision cleared and I passed. Stretching the muscle outwards must be flattening the cornea/lens and decreasing the refractive power of the eye. -Lou