MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Contact lenses - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Contact lenses - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: David's method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Contact lenses (/showthread.php?tid=2156)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Contact lenses - Nini - 12-19-2012

Daniel Wrote:Here's a thought I just had. Has anyone gotten significant, lasting improvement after having regularly worn contacts over a period of years? It took me at least a year to get my eyes to accept contact lenses, and now I wonder how much lasting damage that did.

I've worn contact lenses for about 30 years.
But I usually removed them for a part of the day because my eyes are rather dry and after some time the contacts felt uncomfortable.

For almost 2 years I am not using contact lenses nor glasses any more (very few exceptions) and I could improve my eyesight - still with fluctuations, but with more and more longer periods of very clear sight (in good moments I can read Snellen 20/20 clearly).

The disadvantage of contact lenses is that you can't just put them in or take them off for a moment like glasses. Therefore I changed to glasses when I started my eye training, but I hardly ever wore them.
I told myself that I'll put them on, when I can't manage without, but soon I discovered that I was able to do almost everything without...

Re: Contact lenses - clarknight - 12-19-2012

Good point Nini, I forgot about that.

Thomas Quackenbush tells us if we need glasses temporaily for driving... as the vision is improving; to wear them on a string around the neck.
That makes it even more convienent, easy to remove them, throw them on.

Sounds to me that you have pretty much 100% success, very near complete with the process of improvement. Or you are there, just one little thing lowers the clarity a bit sometimes.
Remember Dr. Bates says that even people with the most clear vision 20/20 and better do not have perfect sight all the time. It's normal for the clarity to change. Left alone, no glasses...; the eyes, visual system know what to do correct and always return to their best clarity.

My neighbor judges his sight by the best he can get and then discovers what brings it down a bit... so he can avoid that.
His prescription at his eye doctors once a year is always less than when he tests his sight at home before and after the exam. At home; under no presure to hurry or to buy glasses.

Re: Contact lenses - Nancy - 12-19-2012

Nini, good for you, and yes, my story is similar: hard contacts for over 30 years, then soft contacts in a continually reduced prescription and sometimes glasses, then only glasses, now nothing except to drive at night. There were many points of transition along this path as I've written about before, notably from correction being my default to no lenses most of the time (and resisting them and not liking them, noticing the instant strain, when I did wear them). I agree with Dr. Bates that anyone can improve, no matter what their circumstances and their history, but you'll move faster if you can go without correction completely while maintaining good habits. Daniel, if you look for a reason you can't improve, you'll be sure to find it.