MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Weird effects. - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Weird effects. - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Weird effects. (/showthread.php?tid=2294)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Weird effects. - Nini - 02-01-2013

I'm astonished by your doctors statement.
If you search in the internet you find such stories:
Quote:Awoke 7/15 with blurry vision. Went directly to eye dr. Told I had Posterior Vitreous Detachment and be cautious for next ten days not to lift heavy items, watch sneezing/coughing/straining.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Eye-Care/Posterior-Vitreous-Detachment/show/1295606">http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Eye-Care/P ... ow/1295606</a><!-- m -->

Re: Weird effects. - IndigoGhost - 02-01-2013

Also, is my NVI journey over? What i mean is now i have PVD is it impossible to get 20/20 vision / perfect healthy eyesight?

Why should it be over?
PVD is an absolutely natural and normal process that will happen in every eye at a certain age. The vitreous body is only necessary in a certain period of eye developement in very early childhood, myopic persons get the PVD earlier in life and for them it is more dangerous, because the longer eyeball stretches the retina more than usual.
Once the process is over, there is no more danger and you can continue whatever you want to do with your eyes without restrictions.

Nini Wrote:Why should it be over?
PVD is an absolutely natural and normal process that will happen in every eye at a certain age. The vitreous body is only necessary in a certain period of eye developement in very early childhood, myopic persons get the PVD earlier in life and for them it is more dangerous, because the longer eyeball stretches the retina more than usual.
Once the process is over, there is no more danger and you can continue whatever you want to do with your eyes without restrictions.

Thank you.

Please do you have any advice for how long they will take to detach safely? or what can be done while to protect and make sure my retinas are okay?

Only the doctor can tell you after examination.

I had a retinal detachment in one eye after PVD. I didn't know anything about it at that time and didn't see a doctor after seeing flashes for a few days. Only 6 months later the retina came off caused by liquid passing through the 2 holes which have been caused.
Not every hole leads to retinal detachment (about every 30. person has holes in their retina but only every 10 000. person gets a retinal detachment). Stress is said to be an additional major factor to cause retinal detachment.

If you see your doctor regularly, he will see a hole in time and it can be closed by laser without operation.

After my PVD is done my eyes should go back to fairly normal right? If there are no retinal complications my eyes should be as healthy/same risk for disease that it was before the detachment?

Re: Weird effects. - Nini - 02-02-2013

Yes, as far as I know. There should be no problem.