MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Positive side-effects of working on your eyesight - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Positive side-effects of working on your eyesight - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Success Stories (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Positive side-effects of working on your eyesight (/showthread.php?tid=2348)

Positive side-effects of working on your eyesight - Weaself - 04-15-2013

I just noticed how true are the statements about eyesight being strictly related to attention. I've noticed that the more I'm working on my eyesight, the better I get at the-sports I used to suck at-namely the sports that require good eye-hand coordination such as boxing, tennis, soccer and basketball. And even though my vision is still super blurry, the eyes seem to work more actively. Plus, I never use glasses or contacts for sports any more, even after dark.

Has anyone else noticed the same change?

Re: Positive side-effects of working on your eyesight - Nini - 04-15-2013

Weaself Wrote:I just noticed how true are the statements about eyesight being strictly related to attention...
Has anyone else noticed the same change?

This is a good question.
According to Bates, there should be a noticable improvement in imagination and memory with the recovery of the eyesight. I can't give my own examples yet as a proof for this statement:

Quote:Neither imagination nor memory can be perfect unless the mind is perfectly relaxed. Therefore when the imagination and memory are perfect, the sight is perfect. Imagination, memory and sight are, in fact, coincident. When one is perfect, all are perfect, and when one is imperfect, all are imperfect.
(Chapter 14)

like:

Quote:A high-school girl reports that when she was unable to remember the answer to a question in an examination, she remembered the period, and the answer came to her. When I cannot remember the name of a patient, I remember a period - and, behold, I have it!
(Chapter 13)

Did anyone else have this experience?