MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Success Stories (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success (/showthread.php?tid=2399)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - Aethersky - 02-19-2014

all the bates teachers/websites do NOT emphasize print pushing. The focus is on relaxation, centralizing, and swiings (lol).

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - arocarty - 02-22-2014

(02-19-2014, 11:05 AM)Aethersky Wrote: all the bates teachers/websites do NOT emphasize print pushing. The focus is on relaxation, centralizing, and swiings (lol).

There are many aspects to visual training; if one gets tunnel vision around one particular exercise, is is likely that a majority of people will not find it beneficial. The same thing does not work for everyone, as everyone responds in different ways to different things.

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - clarknight - 02-22-2014

I agree with arocarty

I find sometimes that tunnel vision occurs when people forget to shift, forget to look away from the computer, forget that there are other things to look at than the computer. On the computer; the blue sky, clouds, trees are in your peripheral; get away from the computer and look at them. Primitive man and woman were always visually active at close and far distances; hunting, creating pears, baskets, makeup...

The true Bates teachers DO teach print pushing; WITHOUT GLASSES. They teach to read fine print, microscopic print at closer and closer distances and farthest you can. They teach to read the eyeschart at close and various far distances.

I still have one of those Worcester, MA 30 day relentless flus, wiped out!, and I am here stressed, trying to keep the torch of the true Bates method alive and let the public know Aethersky is not the Bates method. He teaches a destructive method, posts semi-different on the Bates threads to pull people into reading his harmful method on his main threads. This is a total waste of my time.

Where are the new students that used to be here, the honest ones asking for help. They are discouraged by this Aethersky nonsense.

(lol) and smiley symbol.., others is a trademark of a banned member.

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - Aethersky - 02-25-2014

this success story shows that print pushing works and the importance of consistent positive stimulus

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - yodosoBates - 04-01-2014

I too am a person that spends a large portion of the day in front of the computer. I'm learning that one of the most important aspects of good vision is movement. In order to keep my eyes moving I practice the short swing all day by lightly rocking my body from side to side. How do you keep your eyes in constant motion?

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - Bifocal - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 07:12 AM)yodosoBates Wrote: I too am a person that spends a large portion of the day in front of the computer. I'm learning that one of the most important aspects of good vision is movement. In order to keep my eyes moving I practice the short swing all day by lightly rocking my body from side to side. How do you keep your eyes in constant motion?

Constant rocking or swinging is not good.It can cause nervous disorders,and possible epilepsy.

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - yodosoBates - 04-02-2014

(04-01-2014, 05:07 PM)Bifocal Wrote: Constant rocking or swinging is not good.It can cause nervous disorders,and possible epilepsy.

Movement is at the basis of the Bates method.
It helps me to keep my eyes fresh and relaxed after 8 hours of computer work. This relaxation has also helped me to achieve perfect black while palming. Now back to the original question. Everybody please share how you keep your eyes in constant movement.

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - ted - 04-02-2014

Where's your proof Bifocal?

Why do children like swings? Why do mothers rock their babies? Why do we like rocking chairs, or chairs that can swivel? I think it actually has something to do with Bates' swinging concept. That type of movement sort of breaks the stare. I think it has to do with the fact that the eye gets a new stimulus without necessarily having to move the eyes, and so it gets you used to perceiving new things effortlessly. Something along those lines.

Anyways, I've had a lot of help from swinging/swaying, and I don't really know if there's a limit on too much. But Bates' does say somewhere that doing it too fast may cause extra strain. I'm currently exploring that idea actually, by doing fairly fast circles while standing. It's a bit annoying, sort of like someone forcing you to do something that's good for you but you still don't want to. But then it sort of clicks and I realize relaxation and go with it. At that point I enjoy it much more than being still and want to keep it up.

That brings me to my last theory. I think people get car sick or sea sick because they are somehow resisting the apparent motion of everything around them. Maybe they are generally myopes?

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - Bifocal - 04-03-2014

(04-02-2014, 08:31 PM)ted Wrote: Where's your proof Bifocal?

Why do children like swings? Why do mothers rock their babies? Why do we like rocking chairs, or chairs that can swivel? I think it actually has something to do with Bates' swinging concept. That type of movement sort of breaks the stare. I think it has to do with the fact that the eye gets a new stimulus without necessarily having to move the eyes, and so it gets you used to perceiving new things effortlessly. Something along those lines.

Anyways, I've had a lot of help from swinging/swaying, and I don't really know if there's a limit on too much. But Bates' does say somewhere that doing it too fast may cause extra strain. I'm currently exploring that idea actually, by doing fairly fast circles while standing. It's a bit annoying, sort of like someone forcing you to do something that's good for you but you still don't want to. But then it sort of clicks and I realize relaxation and go with it. At that point I enjoy it much more than being still and want to keep it up.

That brings me to my last theory. I think people get car sick or sea sick because they are somehow resisting the apparent motion of everything around them. Maybe they are generally myopes?

He was talking about rocking continuously throughout the day,which is certainly not normal.
He said that he works at a computer eight hours a day. If he is already significantly myopic,he will never improve his vision ,unless he spends less time on the computer. The ugly truth is that after you become myopic,the only way to improve ,it to reverse what got you there in the first place,and that is near point stress.

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - ted - 04-03-2014

"The ugly truth is that after you become myopic,the only way to improve ,it to reverse what got you there in the first place,and that is near point stress."

It's not that black and white. After all, arocarty was able to improve his vision to 20/20 despite that fact that he spent, I think, 8 hours a day on a computer. If it's possible for someone to maintain perfect eyesight while being on the computer 8 hours a day, then it's possible, although more difficult, for a myope to regain normal sight while still at the computer.

Also, there's Bates technique of reading fine print, and reading fine print as close to the eyes as possible. I think there's something bad about close work, but it isn't the whole problem.

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - Bifocal - 04-03-2014

(04-03-2014, 06:37 PM)ted Wrote: "The ugly truth is that after you become myopic,the only way to improve ,it to reverse what got you there in the first place,and that is near point stress."

It's not that black and white. After all, arocarty was able to improve his vision to 20/20 despite that fact that he spent, I think, 8 hours a day on a computer. If it's possible for someone to maintain perfect eyesight while being on the computer 8 hours a day, then it's possible, although more difficult, for a myope to regain normal sight while still at the computer.

Also, there's Bates technique of reading fine print, and reading fine print as close to the eyes as possible. I think there's something bad about close work, but it isn't the whole problem.

Arocarty posted that he was barely able to read the 20/175 line,so he just had mild myopia of about -2.00 glasses. This indicates that he had Cilllary myopia that had not yet progressed to Axial myopia. If ones prescription is beyond -3.00 that indicates that Axial myopia has set in,and then 20/20 may not be attainable,especially using the Bates Method.
http://frauenfeldclinic.com/ciliary-myopia-symptoms/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16086961

Modern equipment that did not exist in Bates day.
http://www.revoptom.com/content/d/patient_care/i/1018/c/19371/

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - arocarty - 04-04-2014

(04-03-2014, 07:06 PM)Bifocal Wrote:
(04-03-2014, 06:37 PM)ted Wrote: "The ugly truth is that after you become myopic,the only way to improve ,it to reverse what got you there in the first place,and that is near point stress."

Arocarty posted that he was barely able to read the 20/175 line,so he just had mild myopia of about -2.00 glasses. This indicates that he had Cilllary myopia that had not yet progressed to Axial myopia. If ones prescription is beyond -3.00 that indicates that Axial myopia has set in,and then 20/20 may not be attainable,especially using the Bates Method.
http://frauenfeldclinic.com/ciliary-myopia-symptoms/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16086961

Modern equipment that did not exist in Bates day.
http://www.revoptom.com/content/d/patient_care/i/1018/c/19371/

Be accurate; I also posted that test with drops long ago ruled out ciliary myopia. In case you are not familiar, cycoplegic refraction is commonly used to determine the amount of true myopia. ('axial', or whatever you want to call it). Also posted had 1.5D of astigmatism.
Getting 20/15 for distance, now, indoors and out (probably even better outside), 20/15 at nearpoint. Not too shabby for wearing glasses for 25 years, and doing 8-10 hrs. of near work WHILE improvement came. (and frequently heaping extremely close nearpoint practice with fine print on top of that (4-8 inches). If just using the eyes at the nearpoint is the cause of all myopia, I should've been legally blind by how I treated my eyes. But I 'm sure you're not interested in any of that.

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - clarknight - 04-04-2014

Primitive man kept his sight clear; hunting and basket weaving, ect... looking close and far, the mind, eyes engaged, active.

All we need is to return to this natural way of seeing. Many people see clear even with computer use; just look to the far, take a break, walk into the sun. Shift... and other natural functions when on the computer. Look at 'real' objects' at real different distances (as opposed to the computer's artificial 3-D) to get the lens, eye accommodating, un-accommodating converging, un-converging 'moving normally 'without glasses'. Also keeps the brain hemispheres working correct with the eyes, eye muscles, vision.

Glasses prevent these natural, healthy movement.

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - hammer - 04-04-2014

(04-01-2014, 07:12 AM)yodosoBates Wrote: ... How do you keep your eyes in constant motion?

You need to understand that there is no such thing as time. Time is something that humans have created. Instead time is actually motion. If you understand this then it is very natural to constantly move your eyes and keep this easy principle always in your mind.

I do the long swing a lot.

I imagine the tiniest point that I ever could possibly see.
For instance when I look at Jupiter there is initially a lot of glare,
that hides the satellites.
After imagining the tiniest point ever the glare disappears and I see the satellites.
I keep the feeling in my mind.
I become able to be relaxed.
I know I don't want to be stressed so why even think about it then.
I know that motion relaxes me and there is no fear concerning it involved.
I can stay cool with coolest eyes. Cool
Say to yourself:
"My Bates eyes are the coolest relaxed eyes there ever been. They are too good to be true. "

RE: Finally, got 20/20 crystal clear vision – my Updated success - Bifocal - 04-04-2014

(04-04-2014, 03:17 PM)hammer Wrote:
(04-01-2014, 07:12 AM)yodosoBates Wrote: ... How do you keep your eyes in constant motion?

You need to understand that there is no such thing as time. Time is something that humans have created. Instead time is actually motion. If you understand this then it is very natural to constantly move your eyes and keep this easy principle always in your mind.

I do the long swing a lot.

I imagine the tiniest point that I ever could possibly see.
For instance when I look at Jupiter there is initially a lot of glare,
that hides the satellites.
After imagining the tiniest point ever the glare disappears and I see the satellites.
I keep the feeling in my mind.
I become able to be relaxed.
I know I don't want to be stressed so why even think about it then.
I know that motion relaxes me and there is no fear concerning it involved.
I can stay cool with coolest eyes. Cool
Say to yourself:
"My Bates eyes are the coolest relaxed eyes there ever been. They are too good to be true. "

You seem to spend a lot of TIME doing these things
How much TIME does it take?
How do you make the TIME to do all of them?
TIME to go!