MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! (/showthread.php?tid=2428)

Pages: 1 2

Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Raremoon - 09-06-2013

Greetings to all,

My name is Frank, and today: "September 6, 2013", commemorates my 26th Birthday. Yet, this day is not special to me only because of that. But because I have decided to throw away my remarkably strong prescription glasses along with my contact lenses.

I will operate in this world somehow. I don't know exactly yet. The only thing I know is that I refuse to wear any form of eye crutch ever again. I think I will disappoint a lot of people. Especially my family if it affects my University performance because of this. If I even decide to go now anyway.

Right now my priority is my vision. It might sound a little selfish of me, but after attending my latest eye exam, although my prescription somehow lowered (maybe due to a week of barely wearing glasses due to red eye irritation from contacts and since I hate glasses I only used them for the computer) from -5.25 left eye, -4.75 right eye (wish I had proof of this) to now -4.50 left eye, -4.00 right eye(This one I do possess for future reference if my eye sight improves), my unnatural optometrist diagnosed me with "holes in my retina" adding to the mess "some traction already visible in the dilation". Which may cause "permanent blindness" if there is "retinal detachment" and a "laser surgery must be done immediately within a month" he stated.

I didn't even get a chance to be happy about my lowered prescription because this man ruined me. And he still calls to persuade me to do the surgery. Next time he calls me I will say : "You are fired as my eye doctor, goodbye, and hang up" see if he calls again...

Anyhow, after an amazingly depressing day, I knew there had to be an alternative, and being the health nut that I am, I googled: "Natural retinal detachment cure", "Heal eye sight naturally" etc, and came across a few videos of the Bates Method in YouTube and this website ultimately which contained the precious book of the man himself: "Dr William H Bates", my new hero.

Today I have hope in life. I have been given a second chance. And I will continue practicing exercises everyday and never ever lose my faith. I hope everyone here stays strong and keeps their faith strong as well!

Many blessings and good wishes,

- Frank

Re: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Nancy - 09-06-2013

Frank, welcome. Yes, of course there is hope -- you've seen proof of improvement already by not wearing glasses and using your natural vision. Good for you for not giving in to the eye doctor's fear speech! Treat your eyes right, and they will treat you right. Start learning about the Bates Method, and ask questions here if you need help. You don't need glasses for every task, as you've found, nor do you need the strength you're used to, probably. Keep us posted. The vision improvement journey can be a lonely one if you don't have a community to support you. And find another eye doctor!

Re: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Daniel - 09-06-2013

Raremoon Wrote:my unnatural optometrist diagnosed me with "holes in my retina" adding to the mess "some traction already visible in the dilation". Which may cause "permanent blindness" if there is "retinal detachment" and a "laser surgery must be done immediately within a month" he stated.

I didn't even get a chance to be happy about my lowered prescription because this man ruined me. And he still calls to persuade me to do the surgery. Next time he calls me I will say : "You are fired as my eye doctor, goodbye, and hang up" see if he calls again...

Anyhow, after an amazingly depressing day, I knew there had to be an alternative, and being the health nut that I am, I googled: "Natural retinal detachment cure", "Heal eye sight naturally" etc, and came across a few videos of the Bates Method in YouTube and this website ultimately which contained the precious book of the man himself: "Dr William H Bates", my new hero.
It's this kind of thing that gives the Bates method a bad name. You could get a second opinion, but if the diagnosis is the same, you need to take the optometrist's advice! The Bates method might help, but even people who are only nearsighted have trouble getting results.

Re: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Raremoon - 09-06-2013

Thank you Nancy. I appreciate the support. Daniel if you have nothing encouraging to say is best to keep things to yourself. The glasses industry is meant to keep you wasting money forever, with eye exams, putting chemicals on your eyes to dilate the eye which is so unnatural because you are making the iris big when its supposed to be small since a light is shinning directly to it. No wonder you end up temporarily blind. The eye glasses are so expensive if you want them looking nice and the contacts are full of chemicals that can destroy your eye. Why would I get a laser surgery which can cause me side effects and risks that are unnatural to the eye. Let the sun seal my retinal holes if it is true that i have any, and my diet as well. Bates would disagree with that optometrist I am sure. And I even read if you go through surgery there is no guarantee that holes will not occur again. Because they are treating the side effect but not the cause. Glasses pull your retina and that is why only by stopping to use them will I heal and make sure no more can occur.

I would like to announce that I am already getting some clearer sight flashes. Nothing near 20/20 but like 20/100 which is not bad for someone who is about 20/400.

You have just encourage me to work even harder on my improvement and I hope to prove you wrong someday if I ever achieve my goal. Extreme dedication produces extreme results and that is what I aim for. Have a nice day

Re: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Daniel - 09-06-2013

Raremoon Wrote:You have just encourage me to work even harder on my improvement and I hope to prove you wrong someday if I ever achieve my goal.
I hope you are successful, and I didn't say it couldn't be done. But you should understand that, in light of your diagnosis, you're taking a big chance with your eyesight. It would be best to be examined by an ophthalmologist, and see what he recommends. Ophthalmologists are different from optometrists.

Raremoon Wrote:I would like to announce that I am already getting some clearer sight flashes. Nothing near 20/20 but like 20/100 which is not bad for someone who is about 20/400.
Clear flashes are nothing to get too excited about. Years ago I got good at triggering and holding them for a while, and yet got little or no lasting improvement. Some others on this forum appear to have had the same experience. Again, not trying to discourage you, but clear flashes aren't a good reason to ignore medical advice regarding a possibly sight-threatening condition.

Re: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Raremoon - 09-07-2013

Daniel. In part, I understand what you speak of. Yes, you could say I am taking some risk but at the same time I might be saving my own life due to not listening to a rushed opinion from just one doctor. My own mother was once told she had some sort of cancer and it ended up not being true. I also did my little research in macular holes and retinal detachment and it usually occurs in elders. Furthermore, I also read from an article online from an MD that retinal holes should be observed in most cases unless they are malign ( he used another word excuse me) and I have also not gotten the side effects like lightning flashes, cobwebs etc. I say don't fix it if it ain't broken. I feel amazing and more refreshed everyday from not wearing eye glasses or even worse my contacts.

Modern medicine is all about removing body parts and playing with nature. It is the belief that the body is stupid and is not able to heal itself. So lets correct it artificially.

There is also another type of medicine which is not very famous nowadays because it does not produce as much revenue or money as the modern one. It's vitalism. The belief that the body is smart enough to heal itself if it is properly fed with nutrients and the right actions are taken for healing to take place.

Even long time smokers when they stop smoking completely have some large degree of healing in their lungs. Even the media has admitted that in commercials. So how would the eyes be different than the lungs? I bet if my father who has been smoking for almost 40 years goes to the doctor and gets an xray of his lungs he will receive even worse warnings than I did with the optometrist.

In other words, I am taking responsibility for my actions as well as my lack of actions with modern medicine. I guess you can say I am an experiment. I will either return here in about 2 years regretting that I never took that surgery or I will post on the success stories section of the forum and be a great testimony for the community.

Either way, I would never blame Dr Bates for my decision. I think he would have never recommended me to get the surgery without any symptoms like cobwebs or flashes. If I experience this then by all means ill take it immediately.

But in the meantime, I will continue practicing and never lose my faith and remain positive that it will all go well for me. Jesus Christ will also heal me if I pray.

Also, when I have time I will find the best Bates Method ophthalmologist possible to get a second opinion. The optometrist might have even been wrong in his diagnosis. I was the victim of an extreme eye irritation that day and anything could have been seen.

Have you ever tried taking off your glasses off completely, breaking them and never using them ever again? Maybe you will get better results.

Best wishes and blessings to you

Re: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Daniel - 09-07-2013

Raremoon Wrote:Have you ever tried taking off your glasses off completely, breaking them and never using them ever again?
Yes. However, I ended up squinting and hunching forward a lot. Once you're nearsighted enough that near-work is a problem, there are no easy answers. I am inspired by eaglevision's story (search his posts.) Nancy's story is also inspiring for a high myope, but she appears to have personally worked with several Bates method teachers, and still hasn't achieved a complete cure.

Re: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Raremoon - 09-08-2013

I know exactly what you mean about being that much nearsighted hahaha. But to be honest with you I feel like I am being cured cause my stable blurred vision has also improved permanently in just two weeks. I can tell this by being able to read a lot of stuff that I couldn't before even without the flashes. Computer work is still very hard and I have to get very close for some reason even though I can see some things that are equally as hard. Maybe it's mental. I will keep you updated. Good luck and wish me luck too. It's too early to attain extreme improvement so I am just enjoying the experience to the fullest. Every flash is like a beautiful song reminding me of my upcoming complete cure. How long did you try to endure the blur without any eyeglasses, contacts, or any helping visual aid at all?

Re: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Nancy - 09-08-2013

Daniel, please use me as a good example, not to discourage others because I can't see through walls without glasses yet. I started a lot later in life than raremoon with deeply entrenched bad visual habits, and I also think I am more anxious than most in my temperament, so I'm improving slowly, but I am still improving. Use Peter Grunwald as an example who used to be -10 and is now teaching vision improvement all over the world, or Meir Schneider who was originally measured at -46 (!) once he came out of blindness, and now teaches vision improvement and body awareness, and drives legally in California. If you want to think there's no hope for you, go ahead and hang onto that gloomy attitude, but PLEASE stop spreading it to new people! There's plenty of doom and gloom in the media about declining bodies and fear-mongering in the medical profession ("You'll go blind if you don't get Lasik!!"). This forum should be a place for mutual encouragement, and to exchange information and experiences. Thanks for understanding.

Re: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Daniel - 09-08-2013

Nancy Wrote:Daniel, please use me as a good example, not to discourage others because I can't see through walls without glasses yet.
I said your story is inspiring, but then I thought I should qualify that. My main point was that you've gone to such great lengths, which most people would have trouble doing. Sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned you at all.

Re: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Daniel - 09-08-2013

Raremoon Wrote:How long did you try to endure the blur without any eyeglasses, contacts, or any helping visual aid at all?
I've been doing that for years now. And it's basically ruined my life.

Re: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Raremoon - 09-09-2013

That's weird. Excuse my mistake I said two weeks before but I re calculated the time I took them off it was around August 30th and in just 11 days my vision has already improved. I can read signs I couldn't read before. And gotten amazing flashes of good vision. Maybe it's different for everyone. Or maybe because I believe. Maybe because I got on my knees and prayed to be heal. Ill do that everyday.

Why did it ruin your life? Are you wearing glasses again? I have a lot of faith because I personally know an ex coworker who didn't even know about bates method but one day decided to take her glasses off and she told me everything was blurry at first but then she saw clear after a while. And reading bates reinforced my belief. I thought she was special but didn't know I could do it too !

Re: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Nancy - 09-09-2013

I think "enduring the blur" gives the wrong impression, walking around knowing you are in a limited painful state, having a bad attitude. How about looking at it as "playing with the blur" or even "dancing with the blur", give and take, back and forth, easily go this way then that way. If it's a strain and a struggle, no wonder you're not making progress -- you're fighting the process. If it's experimental and even fun, you'll do better. Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."

Re: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Raremoon - 09-09-2013

Yeah you are right Nancy. I get better results when I'm enthusiastic. I was the one who originally termed it "enduring the blur", but don't get me wrong I chose the wrong term. But it's kinda fun. I'm excited to go out everyday and see my vision going in focus and out of focus every few blinks. It's like a camera being pressed halfway... You know when it's blurry then it focuses... Lol my eyes do that the entire day. I feel like I am in the matrix and once I achieve 20/20 or better then I broke free and William Bates is Morpheous lol

Re: Away with the Eye Crutches !!! - Daniel - 09-10-2013

Raremoon Wrote:Why did it ruin your life?
Because I didn't go to college, and didn't get a job. Also, I injured my leg quite badly, but I'm not sure whether wearing glasses would have prevented that or not.