MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Will pinhole glasses help me correct my eyesight? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Will pinhole glasses help me correct my eyesight? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Will pinhole glasses help me correct my eyesight? (/showthread.php?tid=2431)

Will pinhole glasses help me correct my eyesight? - Persian - 09-15-2013

Considering I have university this year and i need to have some sort of glasses while studying (i tried studying without my glasses last year- it just seemed to strain my eyes further), will pinhole glasses help or hinder me in correcting my eyesight?

Re: Will pinhole glasses help me correct my eyesight? - johnwayne - 09-15-2013

Hi Persian,

Pinhole glasses aren't as amazing as they're often advertised. One thing I do find them helpful for is computer work. I used to use plus lenses for computer work, as using a computer for a long time always strained my eyes. Since I've actually lost my plus lenses, I've reverted to pinholes and I'm kind of liking them (wearing 'em now as I'm typing). They're slightly irritating to wear because everything gets a lot darker with them on, so for example seeing the computer keyboard clearly is difficult without lots of light. As you're studying, I assume you'll be looking from the screen to some text books or excercise books you're using. In this case you'll need heaps of light so I'd invest in a pretty powerful desk lamp to light up your desk space if you want to go the plus lens route. Unfortunately, having to look at books sitting on desks would be difficult for you so I'd consider also investing in some sort of easel.http://www.ergonomicoffice.com.au/catalogue_view.asp?catID=26&prodID=376&nav=copyholders

Cheers and good luck,
JW

Re: Will pinhole glasses help me correct my eyesight? - Nancy - 09-16-2013

Persian, people have varying responses to pinholes. Some people love them as they don't give that contracting feeling that minus prescription lenses do, and can give startling clarity if you're relaxed looking through them and move your gaze. Others don't like how much light they block out as JW said, or the effort they have to expend to try to line up the holes. You're the only one who can decide if they'll work for you. See if you can find a friend with a pair to borrow, or a pair in a health food store you can play with before you purchase them, to see how you like them and if they feel useful.

Here's a blog post I wrote a few months ago about pinholes. http://dreamersight.wordpress.com/2013/06/06/the-possibility-of-pinholes/ Peter Grunwald, who developed the Eyebody method (http://www.eyebody.com/), swears by them. Again, no one else can tell you what your own experience will be.

Re: Will pinhole glasses help me correct my eyesight? - rapidace - 10-06-2013

Hey Persian, Pinhole glasses are not as what you heard from the advertisement, I personally tried it for month and it doesn't really help even a scratch, the actual problem comes from our mind and I actually enter a training offer from a member on YouTube, said about the chinese medical method. I'm not sure how true is true because I just started to train today.

RE: Will pinhole glasses help me correct my eyesight? - clarknight - 02-10-2014

Writing up some new information on pinhole glasses.

Myself and others bought some and did research, experiments.
Many strange sensations, visual effects.

Maybe mine was due to having clear sight; looking though pinholes is kind of like wearing glasses; if your eyes don't need them, they hurt.

Bought a new computer recently and when I learn how to use the new animations, visual goodies will post a few pictures and mini videos showing different things people saw. Gave my old computer to our hotel lobby in exchange for free software!

Anyone want to post their experience with pinholes?

2 topics;

The usual old fashioned larger holes pinholes and

The small and tiny holes versions.

There's a lot of interesting opinions by people on Amazon.

My main decision; they aren't healthy but maybe a way to help wean off glasses; if the pinhole effects don't cause more and/or other problems.

Will post more when new review and video is on-line.

RE: Will pinhole glasses help me correct my eyesight? - clarknight - 02-16-2014

Here's a NEW (redone) PDF describing the Pros and Cons of pinhole glasses.

Also contains information on central-fixation, shifting, the visual and optic axis's, sunglasses and other stuff.

RE: Will pinhole glasses help me correct my eyesight? - clarknight - 02-27-2014

(02-16-2014, 02:50 PM)clarknight Wrote: Here's a NEW (redone) PDF describing the Pros and Cons of pinhole glasses.

Also contains information on central-fixation, shifting, the visual and optic axis's, sunglasses and other stuff.

Feb., 27, 2014; rewrote the pinhole glasses PDF.