MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eye Strain, and Low Myopia - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Eye Strain, and Low Myopia - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Eye Strain, and Low Myopia (/showthread.php?tid=2469)

Eye Strain, and Low Myopia - the2020guy - 11-26-2013

Hi Smile

I am myopic i don't know my prescription but I think I am a -0.75 or a -1.50

I've been myopic since December 2011, yes I know it is very recent and it was a few months after passing a vision screening with an optometrist that same year :o . Ever since then I've been having trouble seeing distant objects and my vision seems very bad and it is hard to recognize my neighbors from 20 feet away as they look very blurry. Recently in 2012 I was prescribed glasses :'( , ever since then I've been too scared and depressed to visit an eye doctor as i know my vision will just be worse and it is. I've been practicing all of the methods on here and the central fixation one was working for a while until I started playing computer games, ever since then the strain seems irreversible no matter how much i try the methods, and i don't play computer games anymore but the strain still refuses to go away. I know i have a low prescription but it is already difficult to watch the TV ,or even read my clock, which is like 10-15 feet away Sad . I've always had perfect vision, from my early childhood to my teen years :'(. I am 16 years old.

All I wish to know is what is causing my vision to get worse, and what caused me to lose my 20/20 vision in the first place.

R.I.P My Perfect 20/20 Vision
1997-2011

Re: Eye Strain, and Low Myopia - Daniel - 11-26-2013

the2020guy Wrote:Recently in 2012 I was prescribed glasses :'( , ever since then I've been too scared and depressed to visit an eye doctor as i know my vision will just be worse and it is.
If anything, find a behavioral optometrist.

Re: Eye Strain, and Low Myopia - Nancy - 11-26-2013

Pointing out the obvious, your vision is getting worse because you're straining. See if you can pinpoint how or why and relax. What changed in your life? Yes, a personal Bates teacher could help, or a behavioral optometrist, but stronger glasses will only be treating the symptom, not addressing your underlying strain

Re: Eye Strain, and Low Myopia - the2020guy - 11-26-2013

Quote:If anything, find a behavioral optometrist.

Is this a scam? My computer detects this as malware.

Re: Eye Strain, and Low Myopia - Daniel - 11-26-2013

I'm pretty sure that site is legitimate, but you can just go to Google and search for "behavioral optometrist in <your location>".

Re: Eye Strain, and Low Myopia - the2020guy - 11-26-2013

Thank You for trying to help me.

I'm slowly starting to lose hope of the method and accepting that my issue might be genetic.

I've been very paranoid about this since the summer this year.

I just want to know if this restores vision completely to normal, and I want to hear stories of it restoring someone's vision recently. It is still fairly early for me since my myopia started somewhere in late 2011. It would really suck for it to be genetic. My mother is myopic and my father has perfect vision. I don't quite understand the method too much yet, and the whole details and visualization stuff is very complicated, and difficult for me.