MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
chinese eye exercises - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
chinese eye exercises - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: chinese eye exercises (/showthread.php?tid=247)

Pages: 1 2

chinese eye exercises - teardrop - 01-03-2007

after hearing about my vision improvement regime, a chinese friend showed me a set of eye relaxation exercises that he used to do back in elementary school in his home country. he said that it was mandatory twice a day and  is suppose to be based on the chi around the eye. the routine is quite simple and contains 4 exercises of massaging various external areas around the eye, 64 repetitions each. after trying them for a few days, i noticed improved vision for about 3-5 minutes immediately after those exercises, during which my eyes literally feel as they have disappeared and work effortlessly. has anyone here heard/experimented with them?

Re: chinese eye exercises - Ridley - 01-03-2007

I've heard tell but haven't read much into them. Could you post the techniques that he showed you?

Re: chinese eye exercises - Beetle - 01-03-2007

Yeah, share those techniques with us.

Re: chinese eye exercises - teardrop - 01-03-2007

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1446206">http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1446206</a><!-- m -->

describes those exercises

64 reps for each of the exercises. the first 3 exercises are 1 revolution
per count; the last exercise, 1 revolution per 4 counts.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=aMcI0XQh-cs">http://youtube.com/watch?v=aMcI0XQh-cs</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ETKajrFwFtw">http://youtube.com/watch?v=ETKajrFwFtw</a><!-- m -->

remember you are massaging the bones and muscles round your eye.
i was told that it is normal for the bones around the eye to feel some
slight pressure and soreness after the exercises, indicating the proper
application.

oh, and wash your hands before you start.

Re: chinese eye exercises - Oleg K. - 01-04-2007

Can anybody explain why looking for some fancy Chinese techniques when the true Bates method is already very efficient and gives guaranteed results?

Re: chinese eye exercises - Beetle - 01-04-2007

Most of us here support any secondary alternatives to prevent vision loss, regardless of where they're coming from.

Re: chinese eye exercises - David - 01-04-2007

Yes, while the main subject of the forum is meant to be the Bates method, discussion of other methods are welcomed here. Perhaps Oleg's objection is mainly due to it being originally posted in the "Bates method" section until I moved it here.

Dave

Re: chinese eye exercises - Oleg K. - 01-05-2007

Quote:Most of us here support any secondary alternatives to prevent vision loss, regardless of where they're coming from.

Don't speak on behalf of the most. I think that only those "support secondary alternatives" who have not been successful with the original Bates method and that's why drift to something else. I believe they are just fooling themselves.

Quote:Perhaps Oleg's objection is mainly due to it being originally posted in the "Bates method" section until I moved it here.

Thanks, Dave. You're right, this section fits better. I wonder however if you support such fancy techniques yourself.

Re: chinese eye exercises - David - 01-06-2007

Oleg K. Wrote:Thanks, Dave. You're right, this section fits better. I wonder however if you support such fancy techniques yourself.

I support discussion of such things, especially in this part of the forum when it doesn't have a clear connection to the Bates method. Of course the main purpose of the entire forum is to promote the Bates method, but I think it's unwise to assume that Bates had all the answers 80 years ago and that nothing else matters. Certainly he brought a lot to the table that of immense practical value, but I always assume that I know only part of the story. Scientists and doctors stuck in the old reductionistic paradigm have the kind of mindset that nothing that isn't in complete agreement with the current theories is worthless, and that there isn't much more to know, and I'd like to stay away from that mindset. The world is a different place than it was 80 years ago, with a bigger variety of diseases and challenges than ever, and people need every advantage they can get in the task of self-improvement.

I don't think it's likely that someone with long-standing vision problems can reverse it completely by acupressure, but on the other hand I do believe in such a thing as energy congestion around the eyes, and releasing it makes sense to me. Assuming you do it right. Heck, I have a cousin whose vision was improved noticeably by one session of acupuncture - he wasn't even able to wear his old glasses.

Dave

Re: chinese eye exercises - Oleg K. - 01-08-2007

I would argue.

Currently, my observation is that only the people who strictly follow the original Bates method verbatim, reach the complete cure. Any deviations simply slow down or stop the progress. Dr. Bates himself cured thousands of people, very efficiently and quickly. That's why the method doesn't actually need any improvement, it's already a great one.

His so called disciples have badly distorted and discredited the original idea, in attempt to commercialize the thing. I'm not aware of any TRUE improvements to the original Bates method introduced by his so called disciples for the 80 years. If you know, please name them.

Also, I don't know any new diseases in regard to specifically eyesight, for the last 80 years, which you are talking about. Please name a few.

Although I agree that perhaps Bates method can be deepened and widened, like any other scientific theory, the fact is that Dr. Bates was truly a genius and he has gone far ahead of his time, so that his heritage is yet to be completely understood and widely applied by the orthodox ophtalmologists, which I believe will happen quite soon.

Re: chinese eye exercises - AMC - 01-08-2007

Oleg,

I don't quite understand your apparent lack of enthusiasm for other "nontraditional" eye improvement regimens.  Despite the somewhat lackluster YouTube videos presented in this post of school kids rubbing their eyes, hundreds, if not thousands of years ago, Chinese qigong practitioners developed very sophisticated healing techniques for the eyes (and all other parts of the body).  I would caution against dismissing these types of techniques before you know more about them.  It would be foolish to suppose that one person in the whole of human history has been the only one to stumble onto something of value regarding eye correction.  Qigong is actually a very sophisticated science, but is unfortunately not widely known in the west, and correctly practiced even less so.  Moreover, becuase it is so incredibly wholistic there is extreme variation in practice.  I reserve more commentary until I read more by Bates so I can compare systems, but I wouldn't be suprised to find much symmetry.

Re: chinese eye exercises - bkowalski - 01-30-2007

teardrop, thanks for posting.  I have heard of "eye exercises" being done in Chinese schools and I am happy to finally find out the details.  I have tried similar techniques and now doing this, I am entirely convinced of its effectiveness in relieving tension around the eyes.  I can feel the tension melting away, with some discomfort, after employing this technique. 

Again, thanks so much. 

Re: chinese eye exercises - blauw - 05-31-2009

bkowalski Wrote:teardrop, thanks for posting.  I have heard of "eye exercises" being done in Chinese schools and I am happy to finally find out the details.  I have tried similar techniques and now doing this, I am entirely convinced of its effectiveness in relieving tension around the eyes.  I can feel the tension melting away, with some discomfort, after employing this technique. 

Again, thanks so much. 

Yes that relief of tension was somewhat discomforting..... but it certainly over a period of time would help you clear your vision combined with Bates,....

Good luck to all,
blauw

Re: chinese eye exercises - jhonismith1234 - 11-12-2009

Hi
Chinese exercise itself sounds interesting.I am also having eyesight problem but i hate to have medical treatments and swallow those bitter medicines.My friends suggested me to walk on green grass every morning it some what works but here as you said i am excited to do chinese exercise.Hope so that it will cure my eyes.Thanks for this amazing and effective tip.

Re: chinese eye exercises - Ares - 11-24-2009

Just remember.
Its not a matter of exercises alone.

Perfect relaxation must be achieved so the imagination can be perfect and so the Sight will be Perfect.

Do the Exercises, do the Sunning, read fine print and then practice palming and relaxation.
Even if one or two of them don't work, the others will probably work. Wink

P.S.
I don't think that Chinese have actually heard about Bates.
His method is not known even in Europe or US.

For China, i think was or is still hard for a book from the "Heart of Capitalism" to be published.
Even now if they can publish it, it too old, that possibly no one will give a dam to publish it.
As for the internet, as far as i know, Chinese are not learning English, and i haven'd find any Chinese translation.

So, they are keeping their traditional means of Eye exercising and preventing the eye problems.