MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eletronic Eye Massager - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Eletronic Eye Massager - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Eletronic Eye Massager (/showthread.php?tid=2475)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Eletronic Eye Massager - David - 12-12-2013

(12-12-2013, 05:22 PM)clarknight Wrote: I go off this thread and Aethersky then turns into the plus lens adviser on other threads. This is not the Bates Method. Plus Lens is harmful.

That may be why he's posting in the Other Theories and Methods forum and the Skeptics forum. He chose the right places for it. Plus lens talk is allowed.

We need to welcome everyone here. The whole forum is pretty much dead. He's one of only a few new members in the last month. Everyone has left for Facebook and other sites where they can get their questions answered without having to join a niche forum.

RE: Eletronic Eye Massager - clarknight - 12-13-2013

(12-12-2013, 08:39 PM)David Wrote:
(12-12-2013, 05:22 PM)clarknight Wrote: I go off this thread and Aethersky then turns into the plus lens adviser on other threads. This is not the Bates Method. Plus Lens is harmful.

That may be why he's posting in the Other Theories and Methods forum and the Skeptics forum. He chose the right places for it. Plus lens talk is allowed.

We need to welcome everyone here. The whole forum is pretty much dead. He's one of only a few new members in the last month. Everyone has left for Facebook and other sites where they can get their questions answered without having to join a niche forum.

That's sad. People will develop addiction to the plus lens.
I hope things pick up here and someday the plus lens method is not allowed.

RE: Eletronic Eye Massager - Aethersky - 12-13-2013

why am i accused of advocating plus lenses. In the other forum. "Daniel" posted this article: http://www.oepf.org/sites/default/files/journals/jbo-volume-5-issue-5/5-5%20Orfield.pdf about a person who used plus lenses for close work and reduced her prescription. Due to a lack of progress with the bates method, I have decided to try to use plus lenses along with the bates method and eye exercises for a few months. Because I am a student i have to stare at something 10-15 inches away from my face for many hours of the day which is detrimental to my eyesight. First i'm a glasses salesman and then I'm a plus lenses proponent? Please stop making ridiculous accusations about everything.

RE: Eletronic Eye Massager - Nancy - 12-14-2013

(12-13-2013, 06:25 PM)Aethersky Wrote: why am i accused of advocating plus lenses. In the other forum. "Daniel" posted this article: http://www.oepf.org/sites/default/files/journals/jbo-volume-5-issue-5/5-5%20Orfield.pdf about a person who used plus lenses for close work and reduced her prescription. Due to a lack of progress with the bates method, I have decided to try to use plus lenses along with the bates method and eye exercises for a few months. Because I am a student i have to stare at something 10-15 inches away from my face for many hours of the day which is detrimental to my eyesight. First i'm a glasses salesman and then I'm a plus lenses proponent? Please stop making ridiculous accusations about everything.

Even if you have to look close, see if you can do it in a relaxed way. Blink often, palm when you can even for a minute, look in the distance for a break. See this time in your life as an adventure. Your attitude of "This will be a big problem!" or "This could be a lot of fun! Let's see how much I can see without straining!" will make a lot of difference. Please keep posting and letting us know how you're doing.