MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Please help! I'm desperate - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Please help! I'm desperate - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: David's method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Please help! I'm desperate (/showthread.php?tid=2655)

Please help! I'm desperate - eyes87 - 12-18-2013

Hello, I'm new to here, but I've been reading about the Bates method since 2009...I serioulsly believe in it and that it will work, but it's just not working with me...I tried everything, central fixation, shifting, palming, the long swing, I just don't seem to get it Sad Please help me..I'm so desperate and I'm very frightened of lasik, everybody is telling me that I'm a coward and I should just go for lasik..what shall I do?? Sad I guess I'm not doing the central fixation in the right way?? everything is still blurry

RE: Please help! I'm desperate - David - 12-19-2013

Did you read this? http://www.iblindness.org/davids-method/

If so, I would be interested to know what is confusing.

RE: Please help! I'm desperate - eyes87 - 12-19-2013

thank you David for your reply
Yes I have read it several times, I understand it, but I still don't know how to do it...when I try to shift over a drawing or something, I just can't seem to focus, everything is blurry, I feel that I can't see details as supposed in the central fixation, I just see the whole drawing...what can I do, and for how many minutes should i practice central fixation a day?
thank you

(12-19-2013, 02:25 AM)David Wrote: Did you read this? http://www.iblindness.org/davids-method/

If so, I would be interested to know what is confusing.

RE: Please help! I'm desperate - David - 12-19-2013

How many minutes each day should you breathe? You're using your eyes all day, right?

Describe what you do. Give an example of something in particular you look at and what you do if it isn't instantly clear. When you say shift, describe what you mean by that. People get lots of crazy ideas of what shifting is supposed to be.

RE: Please help! I'm desperate - eyes87 - 12-20-2013

I have an eye chart on my room wall...I look at the "E" letter, I move my eyes around the edges of the "E", but I just don't see clearly, I feel that I'm frustrated and don't know where i'm looking, so i try to move closely to the chart...I also have a painting in my room and i also shift my eyes around the details of the painting, but i also don't see most of the details, so how can i shift over something I don't even see?...I'm sorry if I can't explain myself clearly because English is not my first language...Thank you for your patience with me

(12-19-2013, 10:20 PM)David Wrote: How many minutes each day should you breathe? You're using your eyes all day, right?

Describe what you do. Give an example of something in particular you look at and what you do if it isn't instantly clear. When you say shift, describe what you mean by that. People get lots of crazy ideas of what shifting is supposed to be.

RE: Please help! I'm desperate - David - 12-22-2013

Move as close as you need to to the chart. Distance isn't important.

As you look over the letter, be sure you keep your eyes loose and relaxed. As you look from one part of the letter to another, or to another letter, think first of where you want to see and patiently let your eyes move there.

If you were to point your finger at a letter, you have to point your finger with direct control. That is more control than you should be exerting with your eyes. Imagine there is a down feather floating in the air, ie: the type of small soft feather that is so light it floats for a long time in the air and is upset by the slightest breeze. Imagine you were to point the floating feather at the letter not by touching the feather but by ever so softly moving the air around the feather. Imagine the air around the feather is your mind. So to move your eyes, you change your point of attention, and your attention causes your eyes to drift to that point.

And to connect this with what I said above, distance is not important because there is no distance between your mind and the simulation inside your mind that represents the object. Your mind is what you are working to change. When the visual center of your mind is working better, your eyes will easily focus better, as long as they are healthy enough to.

RE: Please help! I'm desperate - eyes87 - 12-22-2013

Thank you David...this has been very helpfulSmile