MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Success Stories (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home (/showthread.php?tid=2657)

Pages: 1 2

Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - clarknight - 12-20-2013

Found this online. People can printout and test their vision at home before the test at the Motor vehicle office;

It may not be exact and be aware this is for Massachusetts level of clarity required, but the chart also test for other levels;

See the directions; I measured the chart on the computer, then printed it, re-measured and placed at the correct distance.

I got 20/10; 10 line clear at 20 feet and fluctuates farther away, 40 ft... in right eye.
Left eye fluctuates; 20 line at 20 feet, to 20/30. Can maintain 20/20 see 10 line at 20 ft. and farther but have to wait 5-10 seconds as I blink, relax, shift, do some central fixation. That's my c1-c2 neck injury side. When not testing; just glance at chart with that eye during day, it will flash clear 10 line 20 ft.+

Right eye is instant clear; don't need any extra practice, nothing.

Practicing at home first prevented a lot of the 'pressure to be perfect'.
Less stress=easy to pass the test.

The trick is to avoid letting the eye chart become as Bates says; a pessimum, a boring, use of effort TEST. We don't limit our interest to one line, one object all day. But the eyechart tends to do this. Result; less movement, muscle tension= temporary blur.

http://www.massrmv.com/

https://secure.rmv.state.ma.us/PolicyBrowserPublic/PB/default.htm?turl=WordDocuments%2FProcess%2520Areas%2Fselfestimatingvisualacuity.htm

I made a PDF of all pages but wont upload due to size. Will try later.

RE: Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - Bifocal - 03-16-2014

(12-20-2013, 08:04 AM)clarknight Wrote: Found this online. People can printout and test their vision at home before the test at the Motor vehicle office;

It may not be exact and be aware this is for Massachusetts level of clarity required, but the chart also test for other levels;

See the directions; I measured the chart on the computer, then printed it, re-measured and placed at the correct distance.

I got 20/10; 10 line clear at 20 feet and fluctuates farther away, 40 ft... in right eye.
Left eye fluctuates; 20 line at 20 feet, to 20/30. Can maintain 20/20 see 10 line at 20 ft. and farther but have to wait 5-10 seconds as I blink, relax, shift, do some central fixation. That's my c1-c2 neck injury side. When not testing; just glance at chart with that eye during day, it will flash clear 10 line 20 ft.+

Right eye is instant clear; don't need any extra practice, nothing.

Practicing at home first prevented a lot of the 'pressure to be perfect'.
Less stress=easy to pass the test.

The trick is to avoid letting the eye chart become as Bates says; a pessimum, a boring, use of effort TEST. We don't limit our interest to one line, one object all day. But the eyechart tends to do this. Result; less movement, muscle tension= temporary blur.

http://www.massrmv.com/

https://secure.rmv.state.ma.us/PolicyBrowserPublic/PB/default.htm?turl=WordDocuments%2FProcess%2520Areas%2Fselfestimatingvisualacuity.htm

I made a PDF of all pages but wont upload due to size. Will try later.

I hope that you realize what you are recommending here would be illegal in any state of the U.S.
You are recommending that people pass the eye chart at their Department Of Motor Vehicles,and leave there with less than the minimum visual acuity to drive.
You are in truth suggesting,and providing people with defective vision a means of cheating on the eye exam,and thereby exposing them,and any driver on the road to danger.
You could,and should be held personally,legally liable for any injuries,or death,or damages.

RE: Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - clarknight - 03-17-2014

I see Bifocal is stalking me, being abusive again, telling lies.

David, this is a outright lie he has posted.

This vision test from the internet was given to me by the Registry of Motor vehicles 'RMV' vision test manager directly from their office on Main Street, Worcester, Massachusetts. He told me to go to their website to get this test. He also taught me how to print it out as a eyechart to place on my wall.

Lets stay with the facts, TRUTH Bifocal.

Bifocal and others that advise the Plus Lens want all people to stay in glasses, eventually develop other eye problems that lead to surgery. That's the truth.

See License below.
Only thing I regret is the ugly picture.

RE: Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - lou_deg - 03-17-2014

(03-16-2014, 12:29 AM)Bifocal Wrote: You are in truth suggesting,and providing people with defective vision a means of cheating on the eye exam...
Bifocal, what material are you looking at? I went to the site and I am seeing an eye chart provided by the Registry of Motor Vehicles of Massachusetts. Are you suggesting it is illegal to practice looking at it before taking the exam? Maybe I am missing something....

RE: Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - Aethersky - 03-17-2014

driving with 20/40 vision is very uncomfortable, it's hard to imagine anyone dirving with less than 20/40. Yes it possible to "cheat" and pass the "test" by squinting, producing tears, using hard blinic, and even some sort of pinhole effect. having drivers who can "pass" the 20/40, but have 20/50 , 20/60 vision in real life setting is dangerous.
I agree with bifocal you should NOT be recommending this.

RE: Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - lou_deg - 03-17-2014

(03-17-2014, 08:56 AM)Aethersky Wrote: driving with 20/40 vision is very uncomfortable, it's hard to imagine anyone dirving with less than 20/40. Yes it possible to "cheat" and pass the "test" by squinting, producing tears, using hard blinic, and even some sort of pinhole effect. having drivers who can "pass" the 20/40, but have 20/50 , 20/60 vision in real life setting is dangerous.
Bifocal did not mention "cheating" by "squinting, producing tears, using hard blinic, and even some sort of pinhole effect" since clarknight didn't suggest those. What exactly are you agreeing with bifocal about?

this is what i agree with bifocal<"you are recommending here would be illegal in any state of the U.S. You are recommending that people pass the eye chart at their Department Of Motor Vehicles,and leave there with less than the minimum visual acuity to drive.">

RE: Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - clarknight - 03-17-2014

I won't answer these angry, abusive, dishonest plus lens guys! Oh wait, I just did. Ha-Ha!

What are you plus lens method, eye surgery salesmen going to say in this life and the afterlife when thousands of people whose eyesight was ruined by your plus lens method are sent to you by the man upstairs ^ to make you pay for your sins? Imagine being struck in a lower part of the sprit world, having to face one person after another until restitution is made to all. You cannot lie or hide your true face, motives, ego in the sprit world.

And karma hits you in this lifetime too.

Here's a video for the true Bates method People. Healthy eyes, perfect eyesight and Happy St. Patrick's day! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBNW4V_rmk8&feature=youtu.be

You do not need to squint or use any cheating, unnatural tools to see the eyechart clear. Just practice the Bates Method at home and when taking the test; you will pass with 20/20 and clearer.

why do you always refer to "the plus" when there is NO mention of it in this thread?

RE: Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - arocarty - 03-17-2014

(03-17-2014, 10:04 AM)Aethersky Wrote: this is what i agree with bifocal<"you are recommending here would be illegal in any state of the U.S. You are recommending that people pass the eye chart at their Department Of Motor Vehicles,and leave there with less than the minimum visual acuity to drive.">

Obviously any chart that is referred to by DMV is NOT going to be the same they use to test. DMV may be inept, but they're not that stupid. You still have to pass a test with an unfamiliar one. Kinda hard to cheat in that manner. In my state, we are tested on a machine, that randomly produces the letters for every test. Impossible to memorize anything, and I had no idea what would be even used for the test, a wall chart, mirrors, projection... passed with score of 100 percent, even the night/dark test. Nice to get rid of that restriction after a couple decades. Chart work was definitely beneficial. Nobody in this thread ever suggested doing anything to cheat, squinting, tearing, etc. If anything looking in a relaxed manner was suggested.

Some states allow those with less than 20/40 and other medical conditions to drive under certain conditions without corrective lenses. These laws have been around for a looong time, so if it was a real issue or concern, surely something would have changed. It's not recovering myopes on the medical boards setting the standards, it's many medical professionals. The people to be concerned about are those under influence of drugs and alcohol, and worse, now, those not paying attention to the road because of irresponsible texting, talking and being distracted by their smart phones. If someone has a concern, that's where they should focus their energy and complaints, not on long established visual standards.

RE: Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - clarknight - 03-18-2014

Thanks arocarty.

We needed your brain and nice writing style on this thread.

Here's the PDF I promised.

RE: Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - Bifocal - 03-18-2014

(03-17-2014, 06:42 AM)clarknight Wrote: I see Bifocal is stalking me, being abusive again, telling lies.

This vision test from the internet was given to me by the Registry of Motor vehicles 'RMV' vision test manager directly from their office on Main Street, Worcester, Massachusetts. He told me to go to their website to get this test. He also taught me how to print it out as a eyechart to place on my wall.

Bifocal and others that advise the Plus Lens want all people to stay in glasses, eventually develop other eye problems that lead to surgery. That's the truth.

See License below.

Stalking you,excuse me but last time I checked ,this is an open forum.
Pray tell how is this a lie? The title of your post is, " Pass the drivers liicense exam;practice at home.And you are posting it here to people that have defective vision.That is not the intent of the State of Mass.You also state some bates methods that give clear flashes,knowing that they may work for the eye exam,but also knowing that they are not permanent,and that if the person happened to pass the test that they really would not have the acuity required by the state.
And since you brought it up,plus lenses are much more effective in reversing myopia,and have none of the EXAGGERATED effects that you lie about.
Many poor souls her belabor,to only get a clear flash here and there.

(03-18-2014, 11:36 PM)Bifocal Wrote:
(03-17-2014, 06:42 AM)clarknight Wrote: I see Bifocal is stalking me, being abusive again, telling lies.

See License below.

Stalking you,excuse me but last time I checked ,this is an open forum.
Pray tell how is this a lie? The title of your post is, " Pass the drivers liicense exam;practice at home.And you are posting it here to people that have defective vision.That is not the intent of the State of Mass.You also state some bates methods that give clear flashes,knowing that they may work for the eye exam,but also knowing that they are not permanent,and that if the person happened to pass the test that they really would not have the acuity required by the state.
And since you brought it up,plus lenses are much more effective in reversing myopia,and have none of the EXAGGERATED effects that you lie about.
Many poor souls her belabor,to only get a clear flash here and there.

(03-17-2014, 07:53 AM)lou_deg Wrote:
(03-16-2014, 12:29 AM)Bifocal Wrote: You are in truth suggesting,and providing people with defective vision a means of cheating on the eye exam...
Bifocal, what material are you looking at? I went to the site and I am seeing an eye chart provided by the Registry of Motor Vehicles of Massachusetts. Are you suggesting it is illegal to practice looking at it before taking the exam? Maybe I am missing something....

This was my point.

(03-17-2014, 10:38 AM)clarknight Wrote: I won't answer these angry, abusive, dishonest plus lens guys! Oh wait, I just did. Ha-Ha!

What are you plus lens method, eye surgery salesmen going to say in this life and the afterlife when thousands of people whose eyesight was ruined by your plus lens method are sent to you by the man upstairs ^ to make you pay for your sins? Imagine being struck in a lower part of the sprit world, having to face one person after another until restitution is made to all. You cannot lie or hide your true face, motives, ego in the sprit world.

And karma hits you in this lifetime too.

Here's a video for the true Bates method People. Healthy eyes, perfect eyesight and Happy St. Patrick's day! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBNW4V_rmk8&feature=youtu.be

You do not need to squint or use any cheating, unnatural tools to see the eyechart clear. Just practice the Bates Method at home and when taking the test; you will pass with 20/20 and clearer.

Here you go again,.Show the folks here where,and when I have ever suggested,or recommended eye surgery.
And before you spout off about Christian matters,first off you show no respect for The Lord God,by calling Him the man upstairs.The rest of your post regarding this shows that you have no knowledge of Scripture.

(03-17-2014, 07:56 PM)arocarty Wrote:
(03-17-2014, 10:04 AM)Aethersky Wrote: this is what i agree with bifocal<"you are recommending here would be illegal in any state of the U.S. You are recommending that people pass the eye chart at their Department Of Motor Vehicles,and leave there with less than the minimum visual acuity to drive.">

Obviously any chart that is referred to by DMV is NOT going to be the same they use to test. DMV may be inept, but they're not that stupid. You still have to pass a test with an unfamiliar one. Kinda hard to cheat in that manner. In my state, we are tested on a machine, that randomly produces the letters for every test. Impossible to memorize anything, and I had no idea what would be even used for the test, a wall chart, mirrors, projection... passed with score of 100 percent, even the night/dark test. Nice to get rid of that restriction after a couple decades. Chart work was definitely beneficial. Nobody in this thread ever suggested doing anything to cheat, squinting, tearing, etc. If anything looking in a relaxed manner was suggested.

Some states allow those with less than 20/40 and other medical conditions to drive under certain conditions without corrective lenses. These laws have been around for a looong time, so if it was a real issue or concern, surely something would have changed. It's not recovering myopes on the medical boards setting the standards, it's many medical professionals. The people to be concerned about are those under influence of drugs and alcohol, and worse, now, those not paying attention to the road because of irresponsible texting, talking and being distracted by their smart phones. If someone has a concern, that's where they should focus their energy and complaints, not on long established visual standards.

This implies that a person with less that the minimum required acuity try this to pass the test.
"The trick is to avoid letting the eye chart become as Bates says; a pessimum, a boring, use of effort TEST. We don't limit our interest to one line, one object all day. But the eyechart tends to do this. Result; less movement, muscle tension= temporary blur."

(03-17-2014, 08:56 AM)Aethersky Wrote: driving with 20/40 vision is very uncomfortable, it's hard to imagine anyone dirving with less than 20/40. Yes it possible to "cheat" and pass the "test" by squinting, producing tears, using hard blinic, and even some sort of pinhole effect. having drivers who can "pass" the 20/40, but have 20/50 , 20/60 vision in real life setting is dangerous.

Thank you.
I wonder what the State Of Mass. would think about these posts?

RE: Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - clarknight - 03-19-2014

Will be working on videos today and training people on Skype, phone and private e-mail or website page where there are no plus lens eyeglass people following the Bates method teachers around to every thread, post, chat, being abusive, trying to stop people from learning how to see clear without using eyeglasses, unnatural methods.

Sometimes I think the AMA eye surgeons, optical people sent these plus lens guys here to destroy this forum, hide Dr. Bates method. Why come here to a Bates method forum to destroy it when you have your own forums that are strictly Plus Lens? Something is definitely suspicious. Or its old banned members under new names.
Ever since David said he now allows the plus people, more and more are attacking us, flooding this forum, chat. Could it be because your own forums are slow, too many people harmed and know the truth about that awful method. So you come here for fresh victims?

I recently advised another new student to sign up on iblindness. He came back and said he will not post due to all the negativity, people trying to advise him to use eyeglasses, contact that laser surgeon and interfering with, impairing every true Bates person's training thread, posts. (The new member and others told me about all those PM's you guys do on Chat and Forum to new members pulling them away from Dr. Bates and into glasses and referring to that eye surgeon.)

The new member became disillusioned, asked me why I am a member of a forum, and advise people to go to a place that is controlled by people advising eyeglasses, eye surgeons.
He is right, its giving people the wrong idea, bad advice.

I will still post there to help stop the plus lens people but I won't tell my contacts to come here anymore. Its too confusing, stressful for them and me! I have to warn them what to avoid, I have to list the bad people. NO one wants to have to deal with all that!
All they want is a safe healthy place to go to learn how to be free of glasses, surgery. I have to teach them elsewhere.

I am not going to be here every day. If this forum becomes solely plus lens, that's not my problem. My mission is to help people naturally and trying to protect them here has taken way too much time that can be given to creating books, movies and free phone... help. I now know why Thomas Quackenbush and other teachers stopped posting on Forum's. He has helped thousands in his school, books, Skype. Why have to deal with people that lie, teach unnatural, harmful methods to the student.

David, if you read this, I again appeal to you; bring back the forum to no plus lens no linking to cornea, implants... surgeons. Then I can continue to refer students here without having to watch over them, protecting form the plus people.

There are other ways to make this forum attract members, ad clicks; get into the videos thing, for all type subjects. Set up another page, forum for social media, news, travel, sports, surfing.., web M.D. thing with other topics so a variety of interests are generated. Fun and health.
I have always thought it would be interesting to have a fitness forum attached to this one. It will match your body building business. Read those guys posts! And a section for ladies fitness. Maybe nutrition page with forum chat. Then people into health would also check over to the Bates method forum.

Allow the your faithful members since 2002 to vote on this plus lens problem. A free world where law to protect the people from harm rules.

RE: Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - Aethersky - 03-19-2014

you are obsessed with the plus for some reason. bifocal and i mentioned that you are giving poor advice, and every time you go on a rampage about the plus

RE: Pass the Drivers License Exam; Practice at home - Bifocal - 03-24-2014

I find it interesting that Clarknight preaches against glasses,and is a name caller to anyone that suggests their use,but if you go to her web site,and click on the item called glasses,on the bar at the top,and to the extreme right. Then scroll down,and you will find that she is promoting online optical companies,and demonstrating how to measure your P.D. so that you can purchase glasses online.
I guess that would make her what she calls others, a " GLASSES SELLER ".Or some may use the term hypocrite.
Check it out. http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/