MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Reduced RX, Trouble Focusing Near to Far? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Reduced RX, Trouble Focusing Near to Far? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Reduced RX, Trouble Focusing Near to Far? (/showthread.php?tid=2662)

Reduced RX, Trouble Focusing Near to Far? - CaliMel - 12-29-2013

Hey all. I just started the Bates method and bought some glasses .5 lower than my previous RX (bought them at 39dollarglasses.com).

Right away I'm noticing that I can finally see relatively close (like within several feet) whereas with the stronger RX, it was all blurry (overcorrection?). I'm nearsighted, BTW.

However, when I look up, say from the computer (I can't see the eomputer without glasses on), to something more distant, it takes 2-3 minutes for my eyes to be able to focus at those farther distances. At first it's VERY blurry.

It happens (naturally, I'm not straining), the focus does come, but it takes that amount of time.

This is VERY frustrating.

I really can't go without glasses, I write for a living, drive my kids everywhere and have a fairly strong RX. It was -4.5 in each eye; this new RX is -4.

Is this normal, the focusing issue? It's frustrating and giving me headaches. Sad