MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Ultimeyes app - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Ultimeyes app - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Ultimeyes app (/showthread.php?tid=2711)

Ultimeyes app - Daniel - 02-22-2014

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/02/19/can-an-app-improve-your-eyesight-riverside-professor-says-interactive-program-reduces-blurring/

I see the guy who developed it still wears glasses. Perhaps he needs to take them off for it to be more effective.

RE: Ultimeyes app - Aethersky - 02-22-2014

just shifting in the distance is probably more effective than this.

RE: Ultimeyes app - Daniel - 02-22-2014

(02-22-2014, 12:12 PM)Aethersky Wrote: just shifting in the distance is probably more effective than this.

But if you're more than slightly nearsighted, shifting in the distance can get boring really fast.

RE: Ultimeyes app - Nancy - 02-22-2014

(02-22-2014, 12:16 PM)Daniel Wrote:
(02-22-2014, 12:12 PM)Aethersky Wrote: just shifting in the distance is probably more effective than this.

But if you're more than slightly nearsighted, shifting in the distance can get boring really fast.

Daniel, try shifting in the distance over longer distances, maybe from tree to tree. Or go for a nearer distance, 50 feet instead of a half-mile. Play with it -- don't see it as a chore, or expect to "fail" before you even start. I tell my students to find something which challenges their current level of vision slightly (or they won't improve), yet doesn't ovewhelm them (or they won't do it!).

RE: Ultimeyes app - johnwayne - 02-24-2014

(02-22-2014, 02:45 PM)Nancy Wrote:
(02-22-2014, 12:16 PM)Daniel Wrote:

Daniel, try shifting in the distance over longer distances, maybe from tree to tree. Or go for a nearer distance, 50 feet instead of a half-mile. Play with it -- don't see it as a chore, or expect to "fail" before you even start. I tell my students to find something which challenges their current level of vision slightly (or they won't improve), yet doesn't ovewhelm them (or they won't do it!).

I gotta vouch for this method. I'm not sure if it improved my vision when I used to try it (could have?), but it was certainly very relaxing and put me in a good frame of mind. I think Clark recommended it but I was initially sceptical because I thought it was an "eye exercise" and I was convinced they didn't work.

Cheers,
JW

RE: Ultimeyes app - clarknight - 02-25-2014

Thanks JW!!

Are you talking about the switching back and forth close, middle and far thing with shifting on the objects you look at? I am tired so if missed the subject, I apologize.

A new person I met used that along with the astigmatism wheel and went to clear 20/20 and little better in only about 3 months! Had worn glasses for years. He's constantly impressing the heck out of me. If he has a fluctuation some days, he quickly pops back.

I got the idea 39 years ago in high school from Aldous Huxleys old book 'The Art of Seeing'.
Few years ago I found it in MacFadden-Bates 1918 book. Picture of their original kit I got on ebay attached. Gonna PDF it for everyone (free) if can. Library lady says is public domain but double checking. Check his old chart. He cut the edges, some letters so it fits into a small book.

There's a few things in his switching 'focus...' section I learned from and a couple others Bates has in his book PSWG and magazines that improves on this old MacFadden-Bates book.

Here's some new stuff; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id8.html

Their chart.

Bates started writing about natural eyesight in the 1800's. MacFaddens first book was in 1901 but he changed a lot of things after meeting, learning from Ophthalmologist Bates. Later years Bates name was not on the book. (As far as I can find) I notice some things even in MacFaddens-Bates book needed changing. Maybe Bates later decided to stay with his work, training in Perfect Sight Without Glasses and his mags.

Doing a video of the kit soon, and show MacFaddens older picture when his hair and expression looked like Kramer on Seinfeld!

The kit looks pretty much the same a s the book.

RE: Ultimeyes app - Daniel - 03-16-2014

I got started with Ultimeyes. It suggested that I sit two feet back from the screen, but I'm sitting much closer, since I can hardly see it at all from two feet.