MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Feeling discouraged and confused - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Feeling discouraged and confused - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Feeling discouraged and confused (/showthread.php?tid=2755)

Feeling discouraged and confused - AlkalineWater7 - 04-16-2014

I recently went to this website: http://www.myopiaprevention.org/pseudo_science.html
I just don't understand why all these websites always try and put a limit on vision improvement. Improvement may take a couple months to several years. I've just about had it with these websites. The website suggests that the bates method may just be a placebo. The website states that placebos can sometimes cure people. Isn't that a good thing that some people are cured by placebos? I don't know what to think anymore. The oppositional views between the mainstream and alternative leaves me wondering which side is right about most things.

RE: Feeling discouraged and confused - arocarty - 04-16-2014

(04-16-2014, 01:07 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: I recently went to this website: http://www.myopiaprevention.org/pseudo_science.html
I just don't understand why all these websites always try and put a limit on vision improvement. Improvement may take a couple months to several years. I've just about had it with these websites. The website suggests that the bates method may just be a placebo. The website states that placebos can sometimes cure people. Isn't that a good thing that some people are cured by placebos? I don't know what to think anymore. The oppositional views between the mainstream and alternative leaves me wondering which side is right about most things.

It doesn't matter what others believe, the question is, what do you believe -

RE: Feeling discouraged and confused - wtfgod - 04-17-2014

(04-16-2014, 07:34 PM)arocarty Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 01:07 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: I recently went to this website: http://www.myopiaprevention.org/pseudo_science.html

can't agree with this.

Correction: It doesn't matter what others believe OR what you believe, the question is, WHAT IS ACTUALLY TRUE?

Big Grin

On the OPS topic I can't see how anyone could come to the conclusion that 'alternative methods' are more correct as a whole than conventional methods, certainly convention is convention because it is more reliable.

That being said assuming you have a vision problem this makes it easy for you to figure out, simply try the alternative methods and see if they work ( Assuming no potential for harm or cost ) and then it should be clear one way or the other.

RE: Feeling discouraged and confused - AlkalineWater7 - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 06:09 AM)wtfgod Wrote:

can't agree with this.

Correction: It doesn't matter what others believe OR what you believe, the question is, WHAT IS ACTUALLY TRUE?

Big Grin

On the OPS topic I can't see how anyone could come to the conclusion that 'alternative methods' are more correct as a whole than conventional methods, certainly convention is convention because it is more reliable.

That being said assuming you have a vision problem this makes it easy for you to figure out, simply try the alternative methods and see if they work ( Assuming no potential for harm or cost ) and then it should be clear one way or the other.

I am trying the bates method, and I'm getting results. But then again, I just have doubts in my mind. By the way, how are your results from natural vision improvement coming along?

RE: Feeling discouraged and confused - wtfgod - 04-17-2014

(04-17-2014, 11:05 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: I am trying the bates method, and I'm getting results. But then again, I just have doubts in my mind. By the way, how are your results from natural vision improvement coming along?

If you're getting results you shouldn't have doubts. ^^

And if you want to be confused more.

---Life Story--

So far I seem to have some minor improvements, when I began I had trouble seeing with my right eye at full prescription ( -9.5 ) I saw just fine with my left eye corrected to ( 2.75 )

After doing some exercises and getting my eye working I was able to see fine with both eyes fully corrected ( 2.75/ 9.5 ) so I started using my old glasses which were ( - 1.5 / -7.5 ). My left eye ( 1.5 ) actually had no issues going from 2.75 to 1.5 and I don't see any differences at indoor ranges. My right eye ( -7.5 now ) had trouble seeing more than 6-8ish inches, after some effort I got it to like 2 feet. ( Range I like to use my computer at ) So I decided to get some trainer glasses ( -0.0 and -6 )

With these my left eye ( now 0.0 ) can see about 1-2 feet and my left eye is like... 6 inches. I kind of fell of the wagon and stopped practicing as 6 inches is a stupidly short range and makes me compromise my posture quite a bit, so I've just been going glassesless and I guess giving my left eye a workout ( As my right can't see anything without glasses )

So...results...but really not that drastic as all I did was remove a lot of the overcorrection. Aside from that I do seem to get results, but slowly and only with effort, I would need more measurable improvement to confirm these methods as right now I could attribute it simply to strengthening eye muscles that just weren't working before, as my situation is a bit unique.

If I can get to a meter with my new glasses ( both eyes ) I will be completely sold. I don't see that happening in the near future though. ( Partially because I haven't been practicing Big Grin )

RE: Feeling discouraged and confused - arocarty - 04-18-2014

(04-17-2014, 06:09 AM)wtfgod Wrote:

can't agree with this.

Big Grin

Thank you for expressing your belief.

RE: Feeling discouraged and confused - AlkalineWater7 - 04-18-2014

(04-17-2014, 03:56 PM)wtfgod Wrote:
(04-17-2014, 11:05 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: I am trying the bates method, and I'm getting results. But then again, I just have doubts in my mind. By the way, how are your results from natural vision improvement coming along?

---Life Story--

So far I seem to have some minor improvements, when I began I had trouble seeing with my right eye at full prescription ( -9.5 ) I saw just fine with my left eye corrected to ( 2.75 )

After doing some exercises and getting my eye working I was able to see fine with both eyes fully corrected ( 2.75/ 9.5 ) so I started using my old glasses which were ( - 1.5 / -7.5 ). My left eye ( 1.5 ) actually had no issues going from 2.75 to 1.5 and I don't see any differences at indoor ranges. My right eye ( -7.5 now ) had trouble seeing more than 6-8ish inches, after some effort I got it to like 2 feet. ( Range I like to use my computer at ) So I decided to get some trainer glasses ( -0.0 and -6 )

With these my left eye ( now 0.0 ) can see about 1-2 feet and my left eye is like... 6 inches. I kind of fell of the wagon and stopped practicing as 6 inches is a stupidly short range and makes me compromise my posture quite a bit, so I've just been going glassesless and I guess giving my left eye a workout ( As my right can't see anything without glasses )

So...results...but really not that drastic as all I did was remove a lot of the overcorrection. Aside from that I do seem to get results, but slowly and only with effort, I would need more measurable improvement to confirm these methods as right now I could attribute it simply to strengthening eye muscles that just weren't working before, as my situation is a bit unique.

If I can get to a meter with my new glasses ( both eyes ) I will be completely sold. I don't see that happening in the near future though. ( Partially because I haven't been practicing Big Grin )

If by some chance you practiced dilligently, and achieved optimal vision in one or both eyes, would you provide documented evidence from your eye doctor to confirm to others that you have truly improved your vision to an optimal level. I know that if I were to do that, I would gladly provide the documented evidence. I'd even provide the doctor's phone numbers for those skeptics that think I somehow faked the document or edited it. I'm pretty sure that the documented evidence for my case would at least reassure the doubtful and skeptical of the validity of natural vision improvement.

(04-17-2014, 03:56 PM)wtfgod Wrote:

---Life Story--

If by some chance you practiced dilligently, and achieved optimal vision in one or both eyes, would you provide documented evidence from your eye doctor to confirm to others that you have truly improved your vision to an optimal level? I know that if I were to do that, I would gladly provide the documented evidence. I'd even provide the doctor's phone numbers for those skeptics that think I somehow faked the document or edited it. I'm pretty sure that the presence of documented evidence would at least reassure the doubtful and skeptical of the validity of natural vision improvement.

RE: Feeling discouraged and confused - clarknight - 04-18-2014

Try some other forms of Bates Method. Often being active, doing movements, balancing practices helps without even thinking in about the eyes-vision.

RE: Feeling discouraged and confused - wtfgod - 04-18-2014

(04-18-2014, 10:49 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: If by some chance you practiced dilligently, and achieved optimal vision in one or both eyes, would you provide documented evidence from your eye doctor to confirm to others that you have truly improved your vision to an optimal level? I know that if I were to do that, I would gladly provide the documented evidence. I'd even provide the doctor's phone numbers for those skeptics that think I somehow faked the document or edited it. I'm pretty sure that the presence of documented evidence would at least reassure the doubtful and skeptical of the validity of natural vision improvement.

Don't really have documentation from my last eye care visits and I haven't had my eyes checked this year. Next time I get them checked I will save the prescription though. ^^