MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Did you improve or not? (Sometimes you think you didn't.) - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Did you improve or not? (Sometimes you think you didn't.) - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Success Stories (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Did you improve or not? (Sometimes you think you didn't.) (/showthread.php?tid=2788)

Did you improve or not? (Sometimes you think you didn't.) - Aureus - 06-19-2014

Hi guys.

Do you sometimes have a feeling that even though there are parameters improved you actually did nothing after months of exercising?

This happens to me quite often.
When I discovered I had the eye problem almost five months ago I started with natural vision improvement. I mainly stuck to the doctrine of Meir Schneider.

My ASTIGMATISM (Astigmatismus Hypermetropicus in my case) was not very high: +0.5 (Sph) and + 0.5 (Cyl) but I had it on my both eyes (different angles also) and that made me a lot of difficulties. I couldn't spend at the computer more than five minutes without being tired, I couldn't focus my gaze at the things for more than a few seconds, the sun bothered me a lot, I had a lot of strain around my eyes, my eye muscles were tense and so on and so on.

Four months later I regained the ability to stare at the things, the sun still bothers me but it bothers me less than before, I still get easily tired at the computer but now after twenty minutes. I also increased my vision acuity. I conduct tests every two weeks and I use seven different charts so I can put the figures very precisely: the left eye progressed from 20/37.5 to 20/29 and the right eye from 20/32 to 20/25. (Funny thing: the nature is not yet satisfied with this - I still strain)

But still it happens that I think I did nothing or I did a little. And some rational explanations come to my mind: the light conditions are better in June than in February - that's why you see better. You didn't change your hardware at all, you just adapted your software better to it (you learnt how to use your eyes better).

Perhaps this happens because when comes to vision even small improvement requires a lot of exercise and it also takes pretty much time. The other reason is that you are the only one in your surrounding who believes in possibility to regain the perfect vision naturally - the others just wear the glasses.

I'd like to hear your experiences related to this topic.

Aureus

RE: Did you improve or not? (Sometimes you think you didn't.) - wtfgod - 06-20-2014

This made me laugh pretty hard, mostly because it's so true. Big Grin

The obvious link I draw is how you can't really picture how you were 5-10-15 years ago. You constantly slowly change day by day and you can't see how your personlity or appearance changes because it happens so gradually even if the change over time is quite dramatic. ( stop crying Big Grin )

RE: Did you improve or not? (Sometimes you think you didn't.) - Aureus - 06-20-2014

(06-20-2014, 03:10 PM)wtfgod Wrote: This made me laugh pretty hard, mostly because it's so true. Big Grin

The obvious link I draw is how you can't really picture how you were 5-10-15 years ago. You constantly slowly change day by day and you can't see how your personlity or appearance changes because it happens so gradually even if the change over time is quite dramatic. ( stop crying Big Grin )

Yes, you are right. I did constantly slowly change day by day and I thought that with time I was looking younger and younger. Then I realized it was so because I couldn't see the wrinkles and other skin imperfections clearly anymore.

RE: Did you improve or not? (Sometimes you think you didn't.) - wtfgod - 06-20-2014

(06-20-2014, 03:25 PM)Aureus Wrote:
(06-20-2014, 03:10 PM)wtfgod Wrote: This made me laugh pretty hard, mostly because it's so true. Big Grin

Yes, you are right. I did constantly slowly change day by day and I thought that with time I was looking younger and younger. Then I realized it was so because I couldn't see the wrinkles and other skin imperfections clearly anymore.

Lmao Big Grin

Mr.Brightside

RE: Did you improve or not? (Sometimes you think you didn't.) - hammer - 06-20-2014

(06-19-2014, 01:40 PM)Aureus Wrote: Do you sometimes have a feeling that even though there are parameters improved you actually did nothing after months of exercising?

Yes, it is common until you find out what your personal real key to better vision is.
When you have found the key you will be very sure that your awareness guides you into relaxed seeing, and it is not about false belief systems.
It is here and it is real.

For instance key could be:
Relaxed breathing (feel marvelous relaxed rythm as if you were the queen of the universe from inside),
Look at object max 5 seconds (acknowledge clearity as just good enough),
Palming.
Eyechart.

/Hammer

RE: Did you improve or not? (Sometimes you think you didn't.) - clarknight - 07-26-2014

Aureus; I answered your PM.

Call if you want. I don't teach much here in PM's due to too many students asking me for PM training on iblindness or the chat in private. Way too much endless typing.

So to everyone;
You all are welcome to call by phone or Google Hangouts... for free help.
No email training; my speech recognition won't work.