MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Success Stories (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck (/showthread.php?tid=2794)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - Aureus - 07-23-2014

I hope you guys will develop this new method and make some kind of precise instructions for its applications.

As for the muscle imbalances, so many things start with our feet. Last time I was talking about rolling on the floor which is good for the back, now I'll give an extra tip for the feet even though I'm sure most of you already know it.

Take a tennis ball (used one is better than a new one which can be too hard) and put it under your foott. Roll it with your toes, then with your heel, then all along in between so that you massage the muscles accross the arch of the foor. If it is pleasant than it's good, if it's painful - still good, at least now you know you should do this more often.

Enough with relaxation! Let's strengthen those muscles.
1) Stand up and try to move forward by using your - toes. Not your legs but the toes.
2) Next exercise: stand up your legs a bit apart and bend your toeas upwards. Then bend them down back to the floor. Do it several tens of times. You can alternate this exercise with other one: lift your heel up while keeping the frontal part of your foot on the floor. Then move it back and repeat this sveral tens of times.

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - Christof - 07-23-2014

I think, I didn’t mention that I perform intensive and exhausting bodyweight exercises to stay fit. They require strong abs and back. However really, I don’t think that this has ANY connection to vision. I heard about an Alexander technique that corrects posture, but I don’t apply it.
I still believe that progress I made is mainly due to discarding glasses and focusing with Snellen test card.

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - Paul888 - 07-23-2014

Quote: They require strong abs and back. However really, I don’t think that this has ANY connection to vision.
Abdominals was very important muscle imbalance in my body. Abdominals supports proper pelvis aligement, your lower back (your neck will relax as well), and they form muscle corset to your all internal organs (your eyes will get better nutrients). Not only that, abdominals transfer motion to all important upper body parts during walking, and that relax and build muscles as well. If abdominals will work with other musles during walk, your walking style will change. You will start feeling like time is slowing down for you, and you will feel relaxation with every movement (in every part in your body). Most importantly, you walk would look very fluid and alive, almost like "lion was walking" Smile. So yes, abdominas have very important connection to your vision, and based on my experience I expected that you have done some type of gym/exercises for that fluctuations to happen.

But I'm not a bodyweight fan at all, because it's focused around isolating muscles, and this is not how our bodies should work. You can switch on abdominals mechanically on gym, but doing that will make harder to teach other muscles to work with abdominals together, only proper posture with proper walking (motion) can teach switching on all muscles together in the same time. For example you should feel your abdominals working during walking, but also during erect sitting posture (sitting without back support), basically you should feel them, not only during mechanical exercises on gym.

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - shinycutestar - 07-23-2014

Could you elaborate on the exercises u do to release the tension and muscle imbalances?

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - Paul888 - 07-24-2014

(07-23-2014, 08:25 PM)shinycutestar Wrote: Could you elaborate on the exercises u do to release the tension and muscle imbalances?
I've done "calisthenics", but my opinion is, it wasnt all about exercises. I just started learning about human body, and simpy started paying attenion to what "element" in my body are being out of aligement or misused, then I was trying to fix that element. Most of the time, I was comparing my body, to my sister young childs ( 5 years old geminis), and I was amazed how shallow ther spine curvatures really are, mine were very pronounced and collapsed "S" shape. When I looked at their cervical spine area, I realized that I had collapsed first disc in cervical spine (result of extreme forward head posture since I was kid) and my head was failing out in front of my torso.

Also I had retracted jaw, that strained my entire face muscles and neck... but it doesnt metter now, I was able to fix all of that :D (maybe because I'm still in my twenties). But it's not quick fix and all people will have their individual imablances.

And BTW, if someone wonders, what "calisthenics" is :

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - David - 07-26-2014

Paul, I embedded the youtube for you. That's impressive stuff!

I was going to make a blog post about exercise anyway, but I'll just start my rant now and see how it goes...

I think other body problems can have an effect on vision, but when someone is out of shape, they need to be careful about how they start working out. That includes thin people who don't get real exercise.

Usually people will make a New Year's resolution and start doing 30-45 mins of cardio and maybe join a gym and do 30-45 mins of weight training on machines. Low-intensity cardio isn't bad if you enjoy it, and neither is weight lifting, whether machines or freeweights, but today we know so much more about training methods that it's silly for everyone to adopt this kind of routine you see everyone doing at the gym because everyone else is doing it, and it isn't appropriate for most people's goals.

People have a few problems starting out. Their muscles are weak, their bodies aren't accustomed to athletic movements with good form, they likely have muscle knots causing stiffness and pain, they have bad circulation, and their energy is probably low. This is the typical middle aged person who has been preoccupied with raising a family, their job, other hobbies, etc, and neglected their body. A lot of people who are into self-improvement have chronic health issues that they are trying to address, so they can be in really bad shape and need to be careful.

The first thing to do is to just start moving. They can't move right into lifting heavy weights, because their muscle strength is unbalanced, so they're likely to hurt themselves. So I'm talking a lot of bodyweight exercises. Girl pushups, sit ups, assisted pull ups, assisted dips, aerobics or jogging. All stuff you can do with little or no equipment. The most important thing is to avoid any weight machines at first, because they need to learn how to use their bodies better first.

And stretching, foam rolling and trigger point therapy is invaluable for everyone at all levels. It's part of just fixing the body up to get into basic shape to be used instead of just deteriorating.

But they shouldn't stop there. At some point people who really get into fitness are going to specialize towards certain types of programs, but the point I'm getting to is this: Virtually everyone will benefit from doing metcon workouts. They can't really be done safely without some basic strength and ability to perform the exercises well. Metcon is short for metabolic conditioning. It's the kind of workout where the exercise is simple enough for you to do each rep quickly, light enough for you to do lots of reps, but hard enough (with added weight, when appropriate) that you get winded pretty quickly and get your heart going. That's a polite way of putting it. What the metcon really means is full-tilt, high-intensity, heart rate through the roof, where you keep going even though you want to quit the first minute in, and when the timer buzzes you end it by falling to the floor and lying in a pool of your own sweat until you can manage to stand up again a few minutes later. And repeat.

A metcon will do a little to build both strength and muscle, but its main purpose is to get you in shape. There's nothing like pushing your body to its limit to really drive home the message that it needs to improve. And it will.

The effects on your body from metcons will make everything else in your life easier. I'm talking everything from sitting all day at work to bike riding to just getting through a day without being exhausted. And you use your eyes all day too. The same themes in learning to use your body right translate into learning to use your eyes right. You learn to relax your muscles. You learn to perform only the appropriate amount of effort to accomplish a task. You learn to stay focused, set goals, and not give up. And of course better circulation and relaxed muscles will mean that you don't have such a general pattern of tension that your eyes will get caught up in. And you'll have confidence that you're actually in control of your body and can figure this whole vision improvement thing out.

I mix my routine up a lot because I do some sports that tire me out, but one thing I like to do is similar to a Crossfit workout - basic warmup and stretching, followed by working up to a max strength attempt on some exercise, followed by a couple short metcons.

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - panda - 08-31-2014

Paul, I made a post a few months ago about an idea I had, which was:

You need to fix your posture and musculoskeletal system before you can fix your eyesight.

I am still in the process of fixing my posture and musculoskeletal system, so I can't yet say whether my idea is working or not.

I know a book that you will love. Before I tell you the title, I will tell you why you will love it:

The topic is fixing posture by fixing musculoskeletal imbalance.
It will clearly define what perfect posture is.
The author has been studying perfect posture for his entire life.

The book is called "The Egoscue Method of Health Through Motion".

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - hammer - 09-05-2014

Maybe you want also to realise how to keep your gravity and use proper muscles.

This guy shows how to run in a series of videos, and he especially shows how the body was meant to use the gravity in combination with proper muscles, quite good for understanding those aspects in this sense:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjNAt708Ykc

I am using a lot of these ideas when training.
The body feels much more in balance now.
I have also skipped suger, coffee and wheat, by the way.
Now I eat much more fish, vegetables and fruit.
I mostly just drink water.
Might sound strange but I replace all these unnecessary needs with relaxed vision.
As if all those wrong habits was some sad replacement for my poor vision.
I felt free when I abandoned those wrong habits, as a free eagle. Wink

I once realised that my true self was a person that was 100 times more well trained than my sad western lifestyle had formed me to.
I decided to better find my true self !

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - panda - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 04:04 PM)hammer Wrote: Maybe you want also to realise how to keep your gravity and use proper muscles.

This guy shows how to run in a series of videos, and he especially shows how the body was meant to use the gravity in combination with proper muscles, quite good for understanding those aspects in this sense:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjNAt708Ykc

I am using a lot of these ideas when training.
The body feels much more in balance now.
I have also skipped suger, coffee and wheat, by the way.
Now I eat much more fish, vegetables and fruit.
I mostly just drink water.
Might sound strange but I replace all these unnecessary needs with relaxed vision.
As if all those wrong habits was some sad replacement for my poor vision.
I felt free when I abandoned those wrong habits, as a free eagle. Wink

I once realised that my true self was a person that was 100 times more well trained than my sad western lifestyle had formed me to.
I decided to better find my true self !

Cool!

Check out the Weston Price diet. He studied the healthiest people across the globe and found the few common dietary elements that they all shared. Most of the people he studied had perfect vision too (primitive people).

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - Paul888 - 09-18-2014

Quote:The book is called "The Egoscue Method of Health Through Motion".
I know Egoscue Method.. and many many many others too Smile.

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - adawe - 10-26-2014

it seems print pushing really helped you. working on pc with small font and at edge pf blur

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - Paul888 - 04-08-2015

My journey is coming to an end, and what I have done during my work surpassed my expectations Smile. Stay tune guys because you will like what I have say in near future (little hint, opticians optometrists and ophthalmologists will hate me)

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - Aureus - 04-08-2015

(04-08-2015, 01:39 PM)Paul888 Wrote: My journey is coming to an end, and what I have done during my work surpassed my expectations Smile. Stay tune guys because you will like what I have say in near future (little hint, opticians optometrists and ophthalmologists will hate me)

Yes! Yes! Yes! And yes!
Keep it up boy!

I know you'll make it. And now the weather is your friend too: longer days, more sun, stretching indoors and outdoors... Just don't be such meanee to hide good news from us for too long. Cool

P.S. You're still erect like an arrow and with wings instead of your legs?

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - sleepmaster - 04-09-2015

(10-26-2014, 10:13 PM)adawe Wrote: it seems print pushing really helped you. working on pc with small font and at edge pf blur

I think pushing print way beyond the blur point works well. You can aim for the edge of blur across a shopping store parking lot, using all the blurry store signs in the distance as pushing print material.

RE: SUCCESS :), after 5 years with no luck - DaniFixe - 04-15-2015

Hi! I'm also on my 5 year since I heard Bate's name and also tried every exercise on many books that I read, but the same as you: no improvement. But came back to this forum and felt motivated after reading your story Paul888 and I agree that our focusing should be the root of our problem. Now I just need to find my root of problem...Smile