MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Confused - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Confused - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: David's method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Confused (/showthread.php?tid=2802)

Confused - timboy - 07-14-2014

Hello

i read the article about the method to improve vision. But i don't understand it. By relaxation you mean let you eyes hang low or something? And visualization is just trying to see something that you're eyes have seen? And the eye movement etc. Don't understand it really well. I'm a bit confused what i need to do.
I hope someone can help me. And get me going. I don't care how long it takes as long as it my vision improves i'm happy.

Tim

RE: Confused - Aureus - 07-14-2014

Hello, Tim.

It would be surprising if you were not confused when you need to absorb so many new things. But we're here to help you.

Take a look at this Youtube video in which a Norwegian guy explains in a plain language how he improved his vision and what he did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vEyOx85OUI

Relaxation is our primary goal when we start to improve our vision. You can take it this way: Our primary goal is to have our eyes relaxed, our next goal is to have some improvement and our ultimate goal is to eventually have perfect vision. Why relaxed eyes? Because - you will feel better and because improvement is impossible with tension in them. And tension is caused by strain to see. How is relaxation achieved? In many ways. Stop squinting, massage the area around your eyes, relax your eye muscles, do some palming and imagine black colour while doing that, do long swings, relax your body, pay attention to breathing...

As for imagination, look at anything. Since you have impaired vision probably you see it more or less fuzzy. Close you eyes and imagine that object clearer. Open your eyes? Anything happened? Maybe you see it clearer? No? It doesn't matter. Now try the same with your eyes being open. Repeat all that. Eyesight is more learned thing than we sometimes think. It's interesting that when you have a poor vision you usually also have poor imagination and poor memory as well. You glance something - next moment you forget what you saw. Dr Bates used to point out: better imagination - better vision. Imagination is training for our mind cos the most important visual organ is our brain. Our eyes just give the impuls - the brain does the rest of the job.

RE: Confused - timboy - 07-15-2014

(07-14-2014, 06:39 PM)Aureus Wrote: Hello, Tim.

It would be surprising if you were not confused when you need to absorb so many new things. But we're here to help you.

Take a look at this Youtube video in which a Norwegian guy explains in a plain language how he improved his vision and what he did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vEyOx85OUI

Relaxation is our primary goal when we start to improve our vision. You can take it this way: Our primary goal is to have our eyes relaxed, our next goal is to have some improvement and our ultimate goal is to eventually have perfect vision. Why relaxed eyes? Because - you will feel better and because improvement is impossible with tension in them. And tension is caused by strain to see. How is relaxation achieved? In many ways. Stop squinting, massage the area around your eyes, relax your eye muscles, do some palming and imagine black colour while doing that, do long swings, relax your body, pay attention to breathing...

As for imagination, look at anything. Since you have impaired vision probably you see it more or less fuzzy. Close you eyes and imagine that object clearer. Open your eyes? Anything happened? Maybe you see it clearer? No? It doesn't matter. Now try the same with your eyes being open. Repeat all that. Eyesight is more learned thing than we sometimes think. It's interesting that when you have a poor vision you usually also have poor imagination and poor memory as well. You glance something - next moment you forget what you saw. Dr Bates used to point out: better imagination - better vision. Imagination is training for our mind cos the most important visual organ is our brain. Our eyes just give the impuls - the brain does the rest of the job.

Thanks for you're reply. I watched the video and it helped. So if i understand it correctly you do like an eye routine like for 30 mins or something? With palming for relaxing you're eyes and shifting? And what do you mean by a long swing? So you only do like 2 things for 30 mins or something and it will improve you're vision? Or am i thinking wrong? But i think i understand that you need to palm to relax you're eyes and overtime they will be relaxed. And then you can begin to improve you're vision.... But how do you do that? And i try that visualizing but nothing happened.

Thanks

Tim

RE: Confused - Aureus - 07-15-2014

Forcing imagination doesn't help. It'll do in its own time. If you cannot visualise some complex object, start with very simple one. Look at the ball, or a cube and then try to imagine it clearer in your mind. Sometimes you need to repeat this over and over. During the years your mind used to create fuzzy images when using your eyes without correction. You need to help it to remember times when your vision was perfect. Like in one period of your childhood. If you manage to accomplish this to a satisfactory degree then your mind will use those impulses given by your eyes in a more effective way, giving you sharper vision.

Have you already read what David wrote?

http://www.iblindness.org/davids-method/

There you can find more things about problems with vision.

By the way, what is your visual chalenge specifically?

(07-15-2014, 12:04 PM)Aureus Wrote: Forcing imagination doesn't help. It'll do in its own time. If you cannot visualise some complex object, start with very simple one. Look at the ball, or a cube and then try to imagine it clearer in your mind. Sometimes you need to repeat this over and over. During the years your mind used to create fuzzy images when using your eyes without correction. You need to help it to remember times when your vision was perfect. Like in one period of your childhood. If you manage to accomplish this to a satisfactory degree then your mind will use those impulses given by your eyes in a more effective way, giving you sharper vision.

Have you already read what David wrote?

http://www.iblindness.org/davids-method/

There you can find more things about problems with vision.

By the way, what is your visual chalenge specifically?

Yes i started with reading that first. But it confused me allot. Visual challange do you mean what the problem is with my vision or what i want to archief? So the things i need to do relax my eyes with palming and than it will improv my vision?
Its a complex thing vision improvment Wink

What kind of visual problem do you have?
Myopia, I guess?
What degree?
Do you know your dioptres?
Vision acuity?
What line are you able to read on the chart?

P.S.

Most people with vision problems tend to stare at things. On the other hand, people with excellent vision move their look all the time. This constant motion is one of the keys for better vision. One of the exercises that can make us use our eyes in this way is abovementioned long swing. You perform it this way: stand with your legs shoulder width apart, next put your finger at the arm length or closer in front of yourself, then rotate your body from left to right and vice versa while looking at the finger. As you're doing this - all the things in your surrounding appear to move in the opposite direction you move.

Ah, yes. Things can look complicated but one thing is sure: nobody can tell you how long it will take for you to improve your vision to the level you're satisfied with.

Yes myopia
Low
On contacts right -1.50 left -1.25
Vision acuity: dont know
Dont have a chart

But yea i'm more the kind of guy if you give me steps to improve my vision i will do it if it takes 8 years i dont care as long as i know what to do and it improves vision. For me good vision is priceless. Thanks for youre time you help me good. But i still dont understand it. I think its hopeless.

Thanks

Tim

Ps going to sleep now its pretty late in belgium. Smile

(07-15-2014, 02:56 PM)timboy Wrote: But yea i'm more the kind of guy if you give me steps to improve my vision i will do it if it takes 8 years i dont care as long as i know what to do and it improves vision. For me good vision is priceless.

Well, that's the attitude! Smile

So you don't have astigmatism attached to your myopia? Great, you'll have to work only on your shortsightedness and there's a bunch of people around who have vision just like you.

Download some chart you like (Snellen or any chart with letters of different size and with measures - 20/15, 20/20, 20/25, 20/30, 20/40, 20/50...). Print it on a good paper. You'll need it both for practicing and for checking your vision acuity. Measure your vision acuity with both eyes separately indoors and outdoors. And just for any case - mark it down so that you know your starting point. Don't forget to tell us. Smile

As for the exercises...you already know what palming and long swing is. Very soon you'll find out for shifting and other useful exercises.

Oh, yes...spend more time outdoors. And look more at the distance.

I think i start to understand it. You just do exercises like long swing palming shifting etc and eventually youre vision will improve right? What exercise would you do on the snellen chart? And where to find difrent exercises? Should you create like a routine to do 30 min in morning than in the evening or something like that? Or should you just do it whenevrr you feel you need it? What if i do the exercises wrong? Then nothing will happen.

RE: Confused - Aureus - 07-16-2014

This is the link where you can find a bunch of charts:

http://www.i-see.org/eyecharts.html

I have also like the charts that can be downloaded from this page:

http://www.vision-training.com/en/Download/Eyecharts/index.html

Well, Tim, you can't know everything in advance. You must start somehow. Then you'll have your own feeling about all this.
Pay attention that when exercising you don't wear your contacts.
As a matter of fact, you should start wearing them less and less. Very soon you might realize that for the most situations you don't need them much.

Wrong exercises? Maybe some exercises won't work in your case but hardly they can damage your eyesight.

Shifting (in plain language): look at smaller and smaller details and shift your gaze constantly. Look at the one part of a letter, then at the other part, then at the other... The exercise can be performed at all distances.

P.S. Another video for you that can help you to have better insight in all this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8k0N_E9JZc