MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Have a favorite palming position? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Have a favorite palming position? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: David's method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Have a favorite palming position? (/showthread.php?tid=2986)

Have a favorite palming position? - SeeClearlyNow - 12-11-2014

I am struggling with finding a relaxing posture for palming. I've tried many sitting postures but it's difficult to relax my shoulders, which are tight. Tonight I tried Legs up the wall (super relaxing yoga pose) and it was wonderful for long spine and soft shoulders, but my hands and wrists got tired. I had to work hard to not let them be heavy.

Anyone have a good position to suggest? Also, I'm trying to do it for 20 minutes at a time. Thoughts?

RE: Have a favorite palming position? - Nancy - 12-12-2014

(12-11-2014, 07:24 PM)SeeClearlyNow Wrote: I am struggling with finding a relaxing posture for palming. I've tried many sitting postures but it's difficult to relax my shoulders, which are tight. Tonight I tried Legs up the wall (super relaxing yoga pose) and it was wonderful for long spine and soft shoulders, but my hands and wrists got tired. I had to work hard to not let them be heavy.

Anyone have a good position to suggest? Also, I'm trying to do it for 20 minutes at a time. Thoughts?

Put pillows under your arms to support them if you're lying down, or on the desk in front of you if you're sitting up for cushioning/raising your elbows. You want to be as comfortable as possible.

If you're flexible, you can sit on the floor or a mat and draw up your knees, using them to support your elbows when you palm. This is quite comfortable for me and I can easily do it for 20 minutes and not get sore. Keep experimenting -- it's worth it.