MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Update: 1 year...advice? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Update: 1 year...advice? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: David's method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Update: 1 year...advice? (/showthread.php?tid=3040)

Update: 1 year...advice? - wtfgod - 03-15-2015

Been playing around with vision improvement for over a year, using reduced or often no glasses, working with various exercises.

Issue is, I've seen pretty much no improvement at all in actual ability to see.

I have achieved reduced pain while doing the exercises, initially I had quite a bit of strain at the extreme angles which seems to have disappeared. This really doesn't affect anything though.

Any ideas?

RE: Update: 1 year...advice? - Nancy - 03-16-2015

(03-15-2015, 07:50 PM)wtfgod Wrote: Been playing around with vision improvement for over a year, using reduced or often no glasses, working with various exercises.

Issue is, I've seen pretty much no improvement at all in actual ability to see.

I have achieved reduced pain while doing the exercises, initially I had quite a bit of strain at the extreme angles which seems to have disappeared. This really doesn't affect anything though.

Any ideas?

Just reducing or eliminating your glasses won't be enough if you don't also eliminate your habits of strain. Back to basics: Long Swing, palming, eye chart, sunning -- find what is helpful for you, and most important, do it regularly!

RE: Update: 1 year...advice? - David - 03-17-2015

Going without your glasses will help, but they'll only help you get results from practice, so you have to practice daily, as often as possible.

To get help, describe what you're doing in detail. Not just the names of exercises, but all the details of how you're doing it so someone can identify where you might be taking the wrong approach.

RE: Update: 1 year...advice? - wtfgod - 03-17-2015

(03-17-2015, 11:44 AM)David Wrote: Going without your glasses will help, but they'll only help you get results from practice, so you have to practice daily, as often as possible.

To get help, describe what you're doing in detail. Not just the names of exercises, but all the details of how you're doing it so someone can identify where you might be taking the wrong approach.

I mostly just remove glasses for daily activities, if I'm doing something where I need to see I try to use the minimal correction necessary. For example I use 2.5 diopters under prescription for close work.

Exercises I do eye rolls daily and when I'm walking around or doing things I try to look at the farthest thing I can see or focus on edges/corners and try to reduce blur. I also play around with an eye patch sometimes since my one eye is worse.

Atm I can see normal text @ just under 2ft with one eye and 4-5 inches with the other. (uncorrected)

RE: Update: 1 year...advice? - Nancy - 03-18-2015

How are you doing the exercises or practice, in a rushing impatient way, partly focused on what you're planning to do next? Or "going through the motions" and not expecting it to make any difference? Your attitude is important -- you want to notice small improvements and build on them, yet not get compulsive about it.

Along that line, when is your vision good, or at least better than usual? You can learn from these experiences about what you're doing right if you're tuned into what's happening with your body and feelings.

RE: Update: 1 year...advice? - wtfgod - 03-19-2015

(03-18-2015, 08:13 AM)Nancy Wrote: How are you doing the exercises or practice, in a rushing impatient way, partly focused on what you're planning to do next? Or "going through the motions" and not expecting it to make any difference? Your attitude is important -- you want to notice small improvements and build on them, yet not get compulsive about it.

Along that line, when is your vision good, or at least better than usual? You can learn from these experiences about what you're doing right if you're tuned into what's happening with your body and feelings.

I'm not a hippie.

My vision is pretty much always the same...not surprisingly.

RE: Update: 1 year...advice? - johnwayne - 10-08-2015

(03-19-2015, 07:27 AM)wtfgod Wrote:
(03-18-2015, 08:13 AM)Nancy Wrote: How are you doing the exercises or practice, in a rushing impatient way, partly focused on what you're planning to do next? Or "going through the motions" and not expecting it to make any difference? Your attitude is important -- you want to notice small improvements and build on them, yet not get compulsive about it.

I'm not a hippie.

My vision is pretty much always the same...not surprisingly.

Quote: Just reducing or eliminating your glasses won't be enough if you don't also eliminate your habits of strain. Back to basics: Long Swing, palming, eye chart, sunning -- find what is helpful for you, and most important, do it regularly!

+1

RE: Update: 1 year...advice? - sleepmaster - 10-10-2015

Instead of using an eyepatch, try having your weaker eye more wide-eyed than normal when looking into the distance with both eyes open looking straight ahead. See if you can make your weaker eye feel like your dominant eye.

RE: Update: 1 year...advice? - Yankes - 10-11-2015

i can pretty much identify myself with the creator of this topic and i find your advices really helpful. thanks, keep it up!