MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Plus Lens: Theory On Why It Hurts Some & Helps Others... - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Plus Lens: Theory On Why It Hurts Some & Helps Others... - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Plus Lens: Theory On Why It Hurts Some & Helps Others... (/showthread.php?tid=3044)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Plus Lens: Theory On Why It Hurts Some & Helps Others... - sleepmaster - 04-04-2015

I will admit the way plus lenses usage is taught makes me cringe. But I still think plus lenses have value for defensive purposes, if used the right way.

Glasses with how they have a fiexd sweetspot in the center of the lens, encourage fixed staring, so when I used them, I keep jiggling them around on my nose with my hands. My hands are on the frames almost alll the time. And I make sure to blink more than normal to counter the stress on the eye.

And I always use plus lenses right in front of a window so I can look out regularly. By regularly I mean every several lines of text I read, I take the plus lenses off and look through the window into the distance. Somethhing like every 10-30 seconds depending on how long it takes me to read the text. I read slower since I am intentionally reading blurs and shifting/swinging with the plus lens to decipher the blurs.

I also avoid using plus lenses with lit up computer screens, natural light in front of a window only. Best time is in the mornings and late afternoons when there's natural light but it's not too bright. It's important to have the monitor brightness on the lowest setting.

I also have newspaper cutouts attached to cardboard to the left and right of what I'm reading on the monitor, in addition to wearing a cap, so that no distance vision is in my periphery when using the plus lens. There was a study that showed vision got worse with plus lenses, and I think the culprit got traced to the subjects using plus lenses for distance as well as reading.

Obviously you don't want a pus lens that's strong enough to freeze your eye muscles and send them into spasm. I would say at most a +3.25 diopter difference and increasing in increments of .25 diopters in accordance with your vision improvement. The systems that I see going from +1 to +2 just like that is totally insane. Stacking two +3 plus lenses on top of each other for combined effect is just nuts. Not to mention when you play with this stuff, one should take it seriously and get the pupillary distance exactly right, including the individual pupillary distances if your face is assymetrical, iinstead of just buying the drugstore reading glasses.

The vast majority of people out there will never do all these things, and should never touch plus lenses.

I don't think it's an accident that I haven't seen a plus lenses wearer go beyond two diopters. In contrasst I've seen bates or natural means people improve more than +2, the most famous example being Peter Grunwald going taking a few decades to go from -10 to -1. It can take them as long as hell, which I don't find appealing, but to each their own. One could say at least they're getting there.

RE: Plus Lens: Theory On Why It Hurts Some & Helps Others... - Sage - 04-04-2015

(04-04-2015, 09:41 AM)clarknight Wrote: The plus lens freezes the eyes' lens and also impairs the eyes' natural convergence. It also affects divergence and other eye-vision functions. The eyes become more and more dependent on the plus lens to see up close. Eventually the far vision is also impaired.

The plus lens method is completely AGAINST the Bates Method. It destroys the eyes health, function, cause tension, strain and ruins the vision.

Why is such a destructive method allowed in the complementary threads?

A true complementary method is;

Some Behavioral Optometry looking close and far exercise mixed with relaxation, shifting, central-fixation; done as natural as possible.

Abdominal breathing practices.

Alexander technique and other movement practice.

Brain hemisphere integration.

Use of color.

Nutrition.

EFT, spiritual stuff.

Many more things are complementary.

Wearing additive eyeglasses is not.

Here's free true Bates Method training video and e-book;

I have not forgot about doing the anti-plus lens method video. A lot is done and it will be posted on YouTube this year so the public knows the truth about this awful method. I been busy creating new free e-books, movies, audios for the blind guys. Perfect Sight Without Glasses will be free in Audio asap; doing it after many requests from the blind man in Utah. The guy who helped cure my neck injuries with his Mormon Pure Sea Salt and Water bible recipe.

He went blind after giving into wearing glasses, stronger and stronger glasses prescribed by the eye doctor 40+ years, and when he was older; even after he kept saying he was seeing blue-purople lights and had temp bouts blindness; the doctor just kept increasing the eyeglass prescription. Then a blood vessel in the retina burst. He went blind. Also glaucoma, black cataracts... He has to have operations now.

So; avoid all glasses. Go natural; use the Bates Method and be independent, free and see clear for life.

Sorry Clare, but your saying so many things that just are not true.

I'd be happy to entertain your view if you would share with me your results. IE have you restored your vision???

If you have then I'll be happy to hear more of what you have to say with all sincerity here.

If you have not then there is indeed something for you yet to learn. And proper use of plus lenses just might be it.

And if that's the case, then you're doing yourself and your clients a major disservice refusing to at least run your own experiments.

RE: Plus Lens: Theory On Why It Hurts Some & Helps Others... - sleepmaster - 04-05-2015

I don't know what vision she started with, but what I remember about how difficult a sample drivers vision test was for her, she seems to have one eye around -1 and another eye in the mid -1s, which is pretty decent actually. Even if it took her several decades.

One thing Bates and plus lens stuff have in common is the use of imagination. Plus lens reading of blurry print just outside the blur point, utulizes imagining that blurry words are really clear versions of those words, albeit on a less conscious level.

RE: Plus Lens: Theory On Why It Hurts Some & Helps Others... - Sage - 04-05-2015

(04-05-2015, 05:26 AM)sleepmaster Wrote: I don't know what vision she started with, but what I remember about how difficult a sample drivers vision test was for her, she seems to have one eye around -1 and another eye in the mid -1s, which is pretty decent actually. Even if it took her several decades.

One thing Bates and plus lens stuff have in common is the use of imagination. Plus lens reading of blurry print just outside the blur point, utulizes imagining that blurry words are really clear versions of those words, albeit on a less conscious level.

Honestly, there are far too many writing books & spouting advice who haven't done it.

If she has not restored her vision, and if she has not actually tested plus lens training, then I find it morally wrong to be condemning it.

I've been fully transparent with my results. I'm not pretending to have all the answers. And wouldn't be so arrogant as to make a video against plus lens training when I myself haven't restored my own vision. And I myself haven't tested it.

What basis, Clare, do you come to your views?