MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How does a functional eye look at things ? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
How does a functional eye look at things ? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: New Members - Introduce Yourself (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: How does a functional eye look at things ? (/showthread.php?tid=3060)

How does a functional eye look at things ? - Jaja - 04-27-2015

First, hello, and sorry if I make mistakes because english is not my native language.

For the last few days, I've been trying to learn some things about the Bates method and I also tried to apply some principles as palming, central fixation.. Even if I may do them wrongly at least partially..

But, when I'm not focusing on trying to make the central area as little as possible, so when I'm doing my everyday's activities, I don't really know how I'm supposed to look.. I mean that I noticed that my eyes use to stay quite fixe but I think it's "normal" as I have myopia.

Consequently, how am I supposed to look to things that I see quite blur, especially when I'm at home or at nights ? Trying to continue the central fixation ? But it's not veru natural for me, I use to look to objects fixedly, without moving my eyes, and I think I have to, but I don't know how nor;ql eyes look to objects..

Sorry if my message was't clear enough, I hope you understood it and thanks in advance for the answers.

RE: How does a functional eye look at things ? - Aureus - 04-28-2015

Jaja,

Functional eyes make a lot of quick micro-movements all the time.
Once you start to have a frozen look - then it may be very hard to unfreeze it.
As far I know consciously it's even impossible as those movements are really short and really quick.

You can however do at least three things:

1 Doing the swinging exercise which retrain your eyes to move more and to notice movement in general.

2 Doing exercises that engage your periphery so that you are not too focused on what happens centrally.

3 Trying to be relaxed with your mind as relaxed mind is very beneficial to our eyes which then become more vivid and more responsive to our mind's wishes and commands.