MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Loss of Mental Control (Poor Imagination and Memory) - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Loss of Mental Control (Poor Imagination and Memory) - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Loss of Mental Control (Poor Imagination and Memory) (/showthread.php?tid=3074)

Loss of Mental Control (Poor Imagination and Memory) - Aureus - 06-07-2015

1 A couple of days ago I asked my much younger friend to palm with me.

He is still a teenager and has a normal, good vision.
Soon after he put the hands over his eyes he was able to see blackness.
After some palming, still both with closed eyes, I asked him:

- Can you imagine a red square?
- Sure, yes.
- Can you imagine a purple one.
- Yes, of course.
- Can you imagine a pink pyramid?
- It's a strange pyramid, but...yes, I can imagine it.
- Can you imagine two ants fighting on the top of that pyramid?
- I can imagine that.
- Can you imagine a green circle?
- Yes.
- Can you imagine a yellow circle?
- Yes.
- Can you imagine a green and yellow circle close to each other?
- Yes, but...when I imagine one of them the other one becomes less vivid and clear.
- So, you can't imagine them both in the same time with the same clarity?
- The more I concentrate it becomes worse.
- Dr. Bates would be satisfied with your answers.
- What??
- Nothing. Can you imagine a turquoise circle?
- I don't know that colour...
- (Me desrcibing the colour)
- Ah, OK...(15 seconds later)...still I'm unable to imagine it.

- (Me continuing asking him to imagine both normal and silly things)
- (Him giving the answers)

..........................................................................................

2.1 My friend with normal vision was able to imagine almost instantly most of the things I asked him to imagine. He easily imagined things and colours he likes and had some minor problems to imagine things and colours he dislikes. He couldn't imagine turquoise colour even after its description but when I showed it to him next time he remembered it effortlessly and imagined a turquoise circle with no problem.

2.2 He confirmed that it's hard to imagine two things with different colours clear in the same time.

2.3 Even he with his normal vision saw sharper after a nice palming session with our imagination game. He said that after palming all things look 'fresher, with better contrast'.

..........................................................................................

3 And me? I had a problem to imagine almost anything correct and with enough sharpness.

This comparision showed me that perhaps the biggest problem with us people with spoiled vision are not the eyes themselves but our mind.
Too put it this way: Our hardware is a bit spoiled, yes, but we should deal more with our software which doesn't function properly.

After all, why to be surprised you don't see well if you a) forget what you saw the second before (it happens - I'm always surprised how shortly I can keep in my memory even the fragment of a certain image when I close the eyes) and b) if you cannot imagine so easily and clearly even familiar things such are squares, circles, triangles in familiar colours such are red, blue and pink?

(We know you don't see well. You don't have to see anything. Just close your eyes and imagine that and that. Still going hard? Then we have a real problem...)

If you have a problem with memory and imagination it's virtually impossible not only to see clearly but also to THINK clearly. If you can't think clearly then your vision is smaller problem.

.........................................................................................

4 I started developing a method for rebuilding my imagination and memory.

I would like to hear your experiences and knowledge on this matter. Posting videos with good lectures, some debates, or literature is welcomed as well.

RE: Loss of Mental Control (Poor Imagination and Memory) - RSW2892 - 06-08-2015

Very Very nice thread. Thanks for sharing...

RE: Loss of Mental Control (Poor Imagination and Memory) - wiliansp87 - 06-08-2015

This is an interesting game that I'll try to do with a friend of mine that I had introduced to the Bates Method.

RE: Loss of Mental Control (Poor Imagination and Memory) - hammer - 06-09-2015

All of life in some way is sustained by these underlying fractal networks that are transporting oxygen, resources, metabolites (that are feeding cells). Circuitry systems, respitory systems, neuro systems, it is obvious that fractals are steering them the same phase, that is the connection why vision depends on them.
Imagination, memory, vision are biofeedbacks that tells you how well your underlying fractal systems really work in your body.
From there you go !
After some time you just sit down, relax and to your surprise you feel oneness with the world around you, your breathing, some sound near by and you know this feeling will bring you home again, beacause it was biofeedback that you used in order to learn how to get this feeling and get better vision.

RE: Loss of Mental Control (Poor Imagination and Memory) - arocarty - 06-10-2015

(06-07-2015, 03:43 PM)Aureus Wrote: This comparision showed me that perhaps the biggest problem with us people with spoiled vision are not the eyes themselves but our mind.
Too put it this way: Our hardware is a bit spoiled, yes, but we should deal more with our software which doesn't function properly.

Thanks - excellent reminder that this is primarily a functional problem, of the mind. It's also a good demonstration too that these principles of normal vision go together, coexist. They are only separated out for the sake of explanation.

Vision is only as good as the weakest link - if one is faulty, for whatever reason, the rest will suffer. If continuous shifting is faulty, central fixation suffers, as well as memory, imagination, swinging. If CF is faulty, the others suffer, etc. I would be curious what would have happened if this friend was also asked to stare really hard on one single point, or spot of an object in their mind. Would strain start to quickly manifest..... It's a good thing if one can find some way to demonstrate to yourself any of these principles. As that is how Bates spent a good deal of his treatment with patients, having them demonstrate to themselves over and over, that effort, staring, eccentric fixation, concentrating, all lower vision, and that shifting, central fixation, swinging, all helped bring rest and relief, and consequently, better vision when done correctly. Studying and observing those who have normal sight is an excellent way of helping us realize the direction we should be going.