MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Straining while sleeping - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Straining while sleeping - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Straining while sleeping (/showthread.php?tid=3076)

Straining while sleeping - AlkalineWater7 - 06-16-2015

I've noticed that i strain a lot while sleeping. For one, my entire body is tight and contracted, the covers are always pulled up to my neck, and my neck is not relaxed. I found a solution to this problem. First, i would put the covers down to my abdomen, stretch out my body, and tilt my neck back. Clearing the mind helps quite a bit as well. Another thing i try to do is to become aware of the body. When i employ these methods, i wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day.

RE: Straining while sleeping - Nancy - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 12:07 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: I've noticed that i strain a lot while sleeping. For one, my entire body is tight and contracted, the covers are always pulled up to my neck, and my neck is not relaxed. I found a solution to this problem. First, i would put the covers down to my abdomen, stretch out my body, and tilt my neck back. Clearing the mind helps quite a bit as well. Another thing i try to do is to become aware of the body. When i employ these methods, i wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day.

Well good, it sounds like you've found a solution. You can also play with Long Swings before going to bed, Dr. Bates' recommendation for staring while sleeping and waking up with tired eyes. I also wondered if you were warm enough, maybe pulling the blanket up to your chin to keep your neck from getting cold, and needed an extra blanket.

RE: Straining while sleeping - AlkalineWater7 - 06-17-2015

(06-16-2015, 05:51 PM)Nancy Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 12:07 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: I've noticed that i strain a lot while sleeping. For one, my entire body is tight and contracted, the covers are always pulled up to my neck, and my neck is not relaxed. I found a solution to this problem. First, i would put the covers down to my abdomen, stretch out my body, and tilt my neck back. Clearing the mind helps quite a bit as well. Another thing i try to do is to become aware of the body. When i employ these methods, i wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day.

Well good, it sounds like you've found a solution. You can also play with Long Swings before going to bed, Dr. Bates' recommendation for staring while sleeping and waking up with tired eyes. I also wondered if you were warm enough, maybe pulling the blanket up to your chin to keep your neck from getting cold, and needed an extra blanket.

It was a bad habit that i acquired as a kid. I guess it was a combination of the fact that i hate the cold, i wanted to feel safe. I guess i didn't feel safe enough.

RE: Straining while sleeping - Paul888 - 06-25-2015

I had problem like that few years ago, and neck muscles are to blame, but in order to relax your neck muscles, you have to work on your posture and spine.