MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Visual Acuity continues to get worse - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Visual Acuity continues to get worse - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: David's method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Visual Acuity continues to get worse (/showthread.php?tid=3078)

Visual Acuity continues to get worse - Luis210 - 06-26-2015

I have tried everything, I had a positive attitude, I noticed my peripheral, and central vision. I try to recognize items, but my vision continues to get worse.
What am I doing wrong? Now I can't even read what is written on a paper that is on the floor, or about more than 3 feet away from me. I actually thought that my vision was getting better up until I noticed more blur. Can anyone help me please?

I have never wore glasses before in my life, I only have 1 prescribed pair, but I stopped using it after I didn't like the experience; it just didn't feel natural. I am myopic, but it seems to just be getting worse no matter how my eyes, and my mind are working.

RE: Visual Acuity continues to get worse - AlkalineWater7 - 06-27-2015

(06-26-2015, 11:10 PM)Luis210 Wrote: I have tried everything, I had a positive attitude, I noticed my peripheral, and central vision. I try to recognize items, but my vision continues to get worse.
What am I doing wrong? Now I can't even read what is written on a paper that is on the floor, or about more than 3 feet away from me. I actually thought that my vision was getting better up until I noticed more blur. Can anyone help me please?

I have never wore glasses before in my life, I only have 1 prescribed pair, but I stopped using it after I didn't like the experience; it just didn't feel natural. I am myopic, but it seems to just be getting worse no matter how my eyes, and my mind are working.

Tell me, do you have any part of your body that's strained or just doesn't feel right? In my experience, my vision is far worse when my body is stressed and strained than when my body is dynamically relaxed.

RE: Visual Acuity continues to get worse - Luis210 - 06-27-2015

(06-27-2015, 11:03 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote:
(06-26-2015, 11:10 PM)Luis210 Wrote: I have tried everything, I had a positive attitude, I noticed my peripheral, and central vision. I try to recognize items, but my vision continues to get worse.

Tell me, do you have any part of your body that's strained or just doesn't feel right? In my experience, my vision is far worse when my body is stressed and strained than when my body is dynamically relaxed.

Sometimes I struggle to feel stress in my body as my consciousness just ignores it, but I can really tell that the jittery movement in my eyes isn't right, and wasn't what I used to feel at least 5 years ago. I remember looking at things, and noticing them without even feeling anything in my eyes, I couldn't even feel them move, unless I moved them purposely. Yes, 5 years ago, my eyes were normal. One day, in a yearly physical exam, everything changed; I failed to read more than 3 letters that were pointed at on the chart, and I was referred to my optometrist that prescribed me my glasses for myopia. It's been at least 3 years of me having glasses. (Circa 2012)

Ever since I was prescribed glasses, my vision quickly got worse, and even though I refuse to wear the glasses (my field of view flattens, and my peripheral vision is blocked while wearing the glasses), my system can't function like it used to, and it really stresses me out; I'll start hyperventilating fast, and I'll start to feel parts of my body feel stiff and hurt, and I can't move them without straining them more.

I really don't care about my vision being blurry, and while many myopes would think I'm crazy, I honestly don't think it matters. If it mattered so much, the myopes that are first diagnosed with myopia would notice their vision was blurred; they are very nervous, and stressed out sitting in a doctor's office being asked "What looks better? 1 or 2?" without even knowing what "1 and 2" means. My theory is that many myopes have normal vision, but their vision blurs as they get nervous in the doctor's office, and fail the exam, and they are told that their vision has been blurred for a prolonged period of time, but they didn't notice due to it happening so slowly, but in reality, it was their stress that blurred their vision during the exam, and now they will continue to carry on that stress for the rest of their lives.

Just like what has happened to me, I was surprised that I would need glasses, as my visual system would work without me telling it to do anything. After I got my glasses, I started carrying on stress, and I can't notice it half the time. I'm still trying to figure out how to get back to that "older version of software" that my visual system worked perfectly with.

Well, back to why I don't care about the sharpness of vision; most of the time, we do not notice it; the normal eye uses what it has, and does not notice that the vision has blurred if it has. This is why you don't notice that your vision blurs when you stress out at the doctor's office, and you fail the screening without knowing the problem. I was well into my late childhood when my visual system still worked properly, and was stable, so I remember a lot, but I can't seem to apply that anymore, because the bad stuff seems to overwrite the abandoned portion of the software that is dormant, and runs poorly.

Another thing I have noticed is, my mind often works faster than what my eyes move, I often fail to synchronize the mind with the eyes.

RE: Visual Acuity continues to get worse - AlkalineWater7 - 06-27-2015

(06-27-2015, 02:09 PM)Luis210 Wrote:
(06-27-2015, 11:03 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote:

Sometimes I struggle to feel stress in my body as my consciousness just ignores it, but I can really tell that the jittery movement in my eyes isn't right, and wasn't what I used to feel at least 5 years ago. I remember looking at things, and noticing them without even feeling anything in my eyes, I couldn't even feel them move, unless I moved them purposely. Yes, 5 years ago, my eyes were normal. One day, in a yearly physical exam, everything changed; I failed to read more than 3 letters that were pointed at on the chart, and I was referred to my optometrist that prescribed me my glasses for myopia. It's been at least 3 years of me having glasses. (Circa 2012)

Ever since I was prescribed glasses, my vision quickly got worse, and even though I refuse to wear the glasses (my field of view flattens, and my peripheral vision is blocked while wearing the glasses), my system can't function like it used to, and it really stresses me out; I'll start hyperventilating fast, and I'll start to feel parts of my body feel stiff and hurt, and I can't move them without straining them more.

I really don't care about my vision being blurry, and while many myopes would think I'm crazy, I honestly don't think it matters. If it mattered so much, the myopes that are first diagnosed with myopia would notice their vision was blurred; they are very nervous, and stressed out sitting in a doctor's office being asked "What looks better? 1 or 2?" without even knowing what "1 and 2" means. My theory is that many myopes have normal vision, but their vision blurs as they get nervous in the doctor's office, and fail the exam, and they are told that their vision has been blurred for a prolonged period of time, but they didn't notice due to it happening so slowly, but in reality, it was their stress that blurred their vision during the exam, and now they will continue to carry on that stress for the rest of their lives.

Just like what has happened to me, I was surprised that I would need glasses, as my visual system would work without me telling it to do anything. After I got my glasses, I started carrying on stress, and I can't notice it half the time. I'm still trying to figure out how to get back to that "older version of software" that my visual system worked perfectly with.

Well, back to why I don't care about the sharpness of vision; most of the time, we do not notice it; the normal eye uses what it has, and does not notice that the vision has blurred if it has. This is why you don't notice that your vision blurs when you stress out at the doctor's office, and you fail the screening without knowing the problem. I was well into my late childhood when my visual system still worked properly, and was stable, so I remember a lot, but I can't seem to apply that anymore, because the bad stuff seems to overwrite the abandoned portion of the software that is dormant, and runs poorly.

Another thing I have noticed is, my mind often works faster than what my eyes move, I often fail to synchronize the mind with the eyes.

What is the "bad stuff" you speak of? What stresses you out? For me, it's generalized anxiety about the future. I have many fears that range from failing tests to looking awkward. I'm currently trying to find a healthy way to cope with my fears. Although, i'm not doing to well with this stuff, but i'm pretty sure that one day, i'll figure something out to cope with excessive fear and anxiety. Hopefully you will as well. Although i'd suggest being honest with yourself and look deeply within at this "Bad stuff" you refer to. Sorry if this stuff doesn't help any.

Here's a cool article i found: http://www.flowsandforms.com/myopia/