MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Going to the eye doctor in a few months.... Really nervous - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Going to the eye doctor in a few months.... Really nervous - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Going to the eye doctor in a few months.... Really nervous (/showthread.php?tid=3079)

Going to the eye doctor in a few months.... Really nervous - AlkalineWater7 - 06-27-2015

I have to go to the eye doctor in a few months and i really don't want to. I hate doctors visits so much. They make me so nervous and edgy. I also hate the doctors as well. I fear they will diagnose me with a fatal illness. I really need some help to make me relax during doctor visits. I don't see how anyone can relax in a doctor's office, but some people do manage to do it. I don't know how they do it, but i want to know how they do it. I really want to change this negative mindset. Every time i go for an interview or doctor's visit or anything else, i always feel that i'll screw up somehow. Is there any way i can persuade myself to just let go and stop caring about outcomes so much.

RE: Going to the eye doctor in a few months.... Really nervous - Yelaina - 06-27-2015

(06-27-2015, 10:56 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: I don't know how they do it, but i want to know how they do it. I really want to change this negative mindset. Every time i go for an interview or doctor's visit or anything else, i always feel that i'll screw up somehow. Is there any way i can persuade myself to just let go and stop caring about outcomes so much.
You can't screw up. It is not about you.
Will they screw up? It is about what they think of you; and they can be wrong sometimes in their perspectives.

I used to be afraid of doctor visits.
Maybe that was because I was a kid at that time and did not know much of anything.
The unknown is often the cause of fear.

Currently I take the position of:
You are a doctor, so what?
You are a human being,
I am a human being.
You have a brain.
I have a brain.
You think.
I think.
This is your stance and position.
This is my stance and position.
Whatever you tell me I will consider it.
If I don't understand your perspective, you will have to explain it to me.
But I don't have to agree with you yet.
I will have to think about it.
And when I have thought about it carefully then I decide to agree or disagree.

They cannot do anything to you unless you agree with it.

RE: Going to the eye doctor in a few months.... Really nervous - AlkalineWater7 - 07-01-2015

(06-27-2015, 01:46 PM)Yelaina Wrote:
(06-27-2015, 10:56 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: I don't know how they do it, but i want to know how they do it. I really want to change this negative mindset. Every time i go for an interview or doctor's visit or anything else, i always feel that i'll screw up somehow. Is there any way i can persuade myself to just let go and stop caring about outcomes so much.
You can't screw up. It is not about you.
Will they screw up? It is about what they think of you; and they can be wrong sometimes in their perspectives.

I used to be afraid of doctor visits.
Maybe that was because I was a kid at that time and did not know much of anything.
The unknown is often the cause of fear.

Currently I take the position of:
You are a doctor, so what?
You are a human being,
I am a human being.
You have a brain.
I have a brain.
You think.
I think.
This is your stance and position.
This is my stance and position.
Whatever you tell me I will consider it.
If I don't understand your perspective, you will have to explain it to me.
But I don't have to agree with you yet.
I will have to think about it.
And when I have thought about it carefully then I decide to agree or disagree.

They cannot do anything to you unless you agree with it.

Many thanks for the help.
Thanks for the help.