MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Improve 3d depth perception - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Improve 3d depth perception - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Improve 3d depth perception (/showthread.php?tid=3091)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Improve 3d depth perception - hammer - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 07:36 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...
When I engage in looking at details, I imagine a small point tracing the detail, and I use my imagination further to determine what angle it's facing, Which way it's turned, etc. Is this what i should do or should it be even more subtle than that?

Yes, but don't forget to just notice the details as well.
You need imagination since you cannot see two points at the same time.
The tinier points you see the more your vision improves.

By the way, a tip. I did some experiment at home this week.
I bought a cross trainer and put a TV with loud speakers in front of it.
I discovered that I could do long swings while I was cross training at home.
If you keep training for lets say half an hour you then have done lots of long swings at the same time. Smile
These swings are faster and this makes the eyes respond faster as well, gone is the inertia. Smile
After this training my eyes have been really relaxed and I see 3d blackness everytime I palm for a while.
I just need to keep on doing this training, watch films and listen to amazing music.

RE: Improve 3d depth perception - AlkalineWater7 - 08-14-2015

(08-14-2015, 03:40 PM)hammer Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 07:36 AM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...
When I engage in looking at details, I imagine a small point tracing the detail, and I use my imagination further to determine what angle it's facing, Which way it's turned, etc. Is this what i should do or should it be even more subtle than that?

Yes, but don't forget to just notice the details as well.
You need imagination since you cannot see two points at the same time.
The tinier points you see the more your vision improves.

By the way, a tip. I did some experiment at home this week.
I bought a cross trainer and put a TV with loud speakers in front of it.
I discovered that I could do long swings while I was cross training at home.
If you keep training for lets say half an hour you then have done lots of long swings at the same time. Smile
These swings are faster and this makes the eyes respond faster as well, gone is the inertia. Smile
After this training my eyes have been really relaxed and I see 3d blackness everytime I palm for a while.
I just need to keep on doing this training, watch films and listen to amazing music.

Speaking of wings; when I notice details, it's accompanied by a subtle short swing. Noticing details is getting a little better. The only thing is the subconscious habit of eccentric fixation. When I see a blob of blur, I just trace out what I think the details look like and get great results, but I soon forget to do it. It's kinda like sitting in an uncomfortable position and remaining there because of conditioning. Hopefully, I'll get over it. Thanks for the tips.

RE: Improve 3d depth perception - hammer - 08-15-2015

(08-14-2015, 04:30 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...
Speaking of wings; when I notice details, it's accompanied by a subtle short swing. Noticing details is getting a little better. The only thing is the subconscious habit of eccentric fixation. When I see a blob of blur, I just trace out what I think the details look like and get great results, but I soon forget to do it. It's kinda like sitting in an uncomfortable position and remaining there because of conditioning. Hopefully, I'll get over it. Thanks for the tips.

When you have gotten foveal vision the peripheral vision usually comes by product. You use the peripheral vision to orientate yourself freely and this makes you feel more comfortable with the new seeing.
You know you have foveal vision when you see one point better than all the rest.

RE: Improve 3d depth perception - AlkalineWater7 - 08-16-2015

(08-15-2015, 03:51 PM)hammer Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 04:30 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...

When you have gotten foveal vision the peripheral vision usually comes by product. You use the peripheral vision to orientate yourself freely and this makes you feel more comfortable with the new seeing.
You know you have foveal vision when you see one point better than all the rest.

I just had foveal vision most the day. This stuff really works. I have now confirmed to myself that my poor eyesight resulted out of not paying enough attention to small details; which may be caused by strain.

RE: Improve 3d depth perception - hammer - 08-18-2015

(08-16-2015, 04:34 PM)AlkalineWater7 Wrote: ...
I just had foveal vision most the day. This stuff really works. I have now confirmed to myself that my poor eyesight resulted out of not paying enough attention to small details; which may be caused by strain.

I'm glad you seem to have found some recursive improvement formula.
Did you have foveal vision in both of your eyes ?
The reason I ask is because the better eye can take over,
and especially when your eyes wasn't that aligned.
If so you can close your better eye for some lets say micro pause,
and check if your worse eye still have foveal vision.
Another way is to check if you see 3d.