MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
2 eye patch - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
2 eye patch - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2 eye patch (/showthread.php?tid=3198)

2 eye patch - mandalaToronto - 02-29-2016

I read about a "2 eye patch" in one of the vision improvement books.  Author was Robert Michael Kaplan.  He has an illustration of someone wearing the patch and it looked ridiculous.  I was sure it would not work but I tried it anyways and I must say that I get some temporary results from my myopia.  I made the patch with handmade Japanese paper .  It is quite thick and does not have sharp edges.  You can make the patch with any art paper that is thick or even with fabric.  Patch measures 7.5 cm across by 2.5 cm up and down.  I attach it to the area between the eyes by threading a thick thread through 2 points on the patch and the patch sits between the eyes and the thread goes around the head.

I have left a certain amount open for peripheral vision of course and so it does enhance peripheral vision I find.  Kaplan has his own methods for vison improvement which I find complement Bates.
I have severe myoopia and the start of cataracts. I will NOT have an operation for cataracts under any circumstances.

Thanks to the person who posted about myopia.org/ebook
I really enjoyed it a lot and it certainly clarified a lot about cataracts as well as myopia.  I don't like the fact that the aurthor of the book is selling something.  He sells the myopter and it looks very strange.  Has anyone tried it out?  Does it work to stop progression of myopia?
Thaks for your comments
mandalaToronto

RE: 2 eye patch - Aureus - 04-22-2016

You can tape the patch just over your nose so that it blocks your central vision. Then wave your hands aside up-and-down, that will activate peripheral cells in your eyes. Look at the paper but don't focus on it, your eyes will pick up the side movements anyway.
Start with a smaller piece of paper and then gradually increase its size. I have, for example, a piece which is 15 cm.
Do it for several minutes.

Then take the patch off and look at the distance. Look for at least 10 minutes but without trying hard to see the details. Just look at them. Look at whatever is pleasant and possible to see no matter how blurry it is. When I say 'distance' I mean real distance, something outdoors, preferably miles away (if possible).  The fact that you engaged your peripheral vision with the exercise with the patch should provide you look at the distance more easily.

Since your problem is severe do this daily and pay attention that you look at the distance for at least 45 minutes a day in several 'sessions'.

(This is primarily meant to help your lens regain something of its elasticity so that you evade worsening your cataract. It should help your myopia too.)

This YouTube video should give you an idea what else you may do to help yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9K1CiZ0qnc

And you can even try to contact Meir Scneider and his School for Self-Healing if you fail to stop the cataract progressing yourself.

Sorry for this late response, I haven't seen your post earlier.

RE: 2 eye patch - mandalaToronto - 04-27-2016

Thanks Aureus for the reply.  I will try your suggestions.  Since Meier Schneider is in the USA and I am in Canada I cannot go. It is too expensive for Canadians to go to USA now.   Someone suggested to me that since Meier was very young when he regained his vision it was a bonus to be so young; his cells were still dividing and so he had a better chance.  I am 66 yrs old and I really do not feel it is possible to get rid of cataracts at my age.  However, I am succeeding in keeping them from getting worse and that's all I really want to do.  I actually walk around without glasses most of the time and somehow my brain has gotten used to seeing without glasses even though I have cataracts.   Strange.Big Grin
(04-22-2016, 09:06 PM)Aureus Wrote: You can tape the patch just over your nose so that it blocks your central vision. Then wave your hands aside up-and-down, that will activate peripheral cells in your eyes. Look at the paper but don't focus on it, your eyes will pick up the side movements anyway.
Start with a smaller piece of paper and then gradually increase its size. I have, for example, a piece which is 15 cm.
Do it for several minutes.

Then take the patch off and look at the distance. Look for at least 10 minutes but without trying hard to see the details. Just look at them. Look at whatever is pleasant and possible to see no matter how blurry it is. When I say 'distance' I mean real distance, something outdoors, preferably miles away (if possible).  The fact that you engaged your peripheral vision with the exercise with the patch should provide you look at the distance more easily.

Since your problem is severe do this daily and pay attention that you look at the distance for at least 45 minutes a day in several 'sessions'.

(This is primarily meant to help your lens regain something of its elasticity so that you evade worsening your cataract. It should help your myopia too.)

This YouTube video should give you an idea what else you may do to help yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9K1CiZ0qnc

And you can even try to contact Meir Scneider and his School for Self-Healing if you fail to stop the cataract progressing yourself.

Sorry for this late response, I haven't seen your post earlier.

RE: 2 eye patch - Aureus - 04-28-2016

Here you have a bunch of audio tips from Meir Schneider, more than 100 audio files, all with names:

https://www.mixcloud.com/sfsh/

Not only about vision but many of them tell about health in general and how to keep yourself fit (in old age too).
If I remember correctly in a couple of them he does speak about cataract but it needs digging. Warmly suggested for listening.

I think I listened to all of that.  Blush

RE: 2 eye patch - mandalaToronto - 05-01-2016

Thanks Aureus
You have given me some hope that there is something I can do about my cataracts.  I really don't want a cataract operation.  My cousin's husband was diagnosed with glaucoma immediately after his cataract operation.  He did not have glaucoma before the operation.  You hear horror stories about this operation so I refuse to have it done.
MandalaToronto

(04-28-2016, 02:41 PM)Aureus Wrote: Here you have a bunch of audio tips from Meir Schneider, more than 100 audio files, all with names:

https://www.mixcloud.com/sfsh/

Not only about vision but many of them tell about health in general and how to keep yourself fit (in old age too).
If I remember correctly in a couple of them he does speak about cataract but it needs digging. Warmly suggested for listening.

I think I listened to all of that.  Blush

RE: 2 eye patch - Aureus - 05-01-2016

That's why we are here. To help each other.  You are not alone, dear mandalaToronto. Blush

Some of audios I've mentioned from that Podcast channel are really great especially those ones related to Meir Schneider's participation in radios shows, just to mention some of them:

Meir on Tazz and Paula June 19 2014

and

Meir Schneider on Heart of Mind 99.5 FM WBAI NYC

This is an excerpt I've managed to find from the later one from you (starting from 15:00:

"There was one lady that I've given her that exercise to look at the distance 40 minutes a day every day and after a year to decrease it to 20 minutes a day. And she had a beginning of  cataract and 9 years later I've visited her in Portland and she went to the doctor to find out what happened and she said: 'I don't know what you're doing but keep doing it because your cataract is exactly the same 9 years later.'"

In your case you also need to do what you know to better blood-flow in your eyes and in order to do that you need to have a loose neck and in order to have a loose neck you need to loosen your back. Meir suggests a bunch of good exercises for that. If you acquaint yourself with his material which can be found in abundance online (for free), you'll have a pretty nice picture what to do.