MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
My first day - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
My first day - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: New Members - Introduce Yourself (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: My first day (/showthread.php?tid=3202)

My first day - cooxie - 04-16-2016

Hello everybody. A few days ago in school i noticed this Bates method and decided to try it. Yesterday was my first day and I made my routine. I was doing palming, swings, yoga, massage for my eyes about every 1-3 hours. Even installed workrave program on my PC that alerts to do a micro break every 3mins and 10mins break every 45mins. So in the result in the evening I had strange pain in my eyes and couldn't sleep. Is this normal? Also I didn't had any clear visions, I can say that today I see even worse, like fog in my eyes. Am I doing something wrong?

RE: My first day - David - 04-17-2016

Welcome cooxie!

It sounds like the pain might be from pressing on your eyes with the massage. Generally you don't want to press on them or touch them at all if you can help it, even with your eyes closed. They're really sensitive to that.

Also, same thing with stretching your eyes in all directions like some exercises suggest. Some very gentle stretching like that is ok, but with any real force behind it it's too much.

RE: My first day - cooxie - 04-18-2016

Thank you David.

Yes I was giving too much pressure to my eyes with massage and streching eyes. Today was my third day. No pain, no fog, but also no clear flashes Sad But I think Im going to the right direction, because eyes don't feel so tired, and they look much prettier Big Grin

RE: My first day - Nancy - 04-18-2016

Welcome! One of the best indicators of how you're doing is how your eyes feel. If it hurts, stop! Awareness is key here. People often ignore subtle signals from their eyes that they're overworked, until the eyestrain is screaming at them. Take breaks from the computer, drink enough water, blink gently every few seconds, get outside and look easily in the distance often. And have fun with it. This is more like play than work.

RE: My first day - cooxie - 04-18-2016

Hey Nancy, thank you for your reply!

My myopia is only about 1-2 dioptres (last years was 1.00), I was wearing my glasses not every day, now I'm not wearing it at all, so it should be easy to treat my eyes? What's about those clear flashes? I heard that they should appear after excersises. Also I have ordered Norbekov book "Fool's experience or the key to enlightens". What is your opinion about this book? Well that's a lot of questions from a newbie, hope to get some answers Big Grin
P.S. sorry for bad English grammar

RE: My first day - Nancy - 04-21-2016

(04-18-2016, 09:44 AM)cooxie Wrote: Hey Nancy, thank you for your reply!

My myopia is only about 1-2 dioptres (last years was 1.00), I was wearing my glasses not every day, now I'm not wearing it at all, so it should be easy to treat my eyes? What's about those clear flashes? I heard that they should appear after excersises.  Also I have ordered Norbekov book "Fool's experience or the key to enlightens". What is your opinion about this book? Well that's a lot of questions from a newbie, hope to get some answers Big Grin
P.S. sorry for bad English grammar
Hi cooxie, just seeing this now. I haven't read the Norbekov book, so can't give an opinion. Good for you for going without your glasses, and please make sure you’re safe, like if you’re driving. Notice if you feel like you're straining, then let that go if you can. There is no "should" -- you feel what you feel. Clear flashes seem to come out of nowhere at first, and it seems if you're too hungry for them they take longer. Here's an old post I wrote, before I was writing articles here, about my own experience. https://dreamersight.wordpress.com/2012/02/04/more-flashes-more-oppositional-movement/. And your grammar is fine. Enjoy the journey!

RE: My first day - cooxie - 04-23-2016

Nancy, thank You! Great experience Smile

I want to update my experience. I aren't even counting my training days now, but I was doing my exercises everyday and now I can control my clear flashes! When I do strong blink I get a clear flash till the next blink. And this is really awesome. Also I got the book, it's brilliant, and I recommend it to everyone, who wants to cure eyes and be healthy.

RE: My first day - vst - 05-01-2016

Welcome!

I'd like to congratulate you on your progress. However I have a feeling that there's something wrong with the way you're producing clear flashes by blinking strongly because clear vision is supposed to come effortlessly, and as Dr.Bates said, you're supposed to blink gently and softly. The flashes you are getting probably are because of your eyelids temporarily flattening your cornea.
By the way, have you tried out palming? I find it very helpful and relaxing.

RE: My first day - cooxie - 05-02-2016

(05-01-2016, 05:03 AM)vst Wrote: Welcome!

I'd like to congratulate you on your progress. However I have a feeling that there's something wrong with the way you're producing clear flashes by blinking strongly because clear vision is supposed to come effortlessly, and as Dr.Bates said, you're supposed to blink gently and softly. The flashes you are getting probably are because of your eyelids temporarily flattening your cornea.

Hello there!

I'm not doing this anymore. But I still have my exercises every morning and evening. I can see a little progress everyday I guess, but I don't experience clear flashes anymore. I think it's because I'm too lazy to do palming, and other relaxing exercises.

RE: My first day - David - 05-02-2016

I'm glad you stopped the hard blinks. It does have an effect, but trust me, it doesn't produce any kind of lasting change. Your cornea is very pliable, and this flattens the cornea somewhat momentarily to focus the light rays better on your retina, in the case of myopia. Pulling at the corners of your eyes to squint them, or tears in your eyes, have the same kind of effect. Contact lenses work the same way, as they're thicker around the edges to create a less concave surface.

The bottom line is the eyes can't be molded into the right shape by these kinds of pressures. They are the way they are because the muscles are continually pulling them into defocus because of bad vision habits that stress them and cause dysfunction.

But it sounds like you already got the sense that this wasn't a good thing.

RE: My first day - vst - 05-03-2016

(05-02-2016, 10:01 AM)cooxie Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 05:03 AM)vst Wrote: Welcome!

Hello there!

I'm not doing this anymore. But I still have my exercises every morning and evening. I can see a little progress everyday I guess, but I don't experience clear flashes anymore. I think it's because I'm too lazy to do palming, and other relaxing exercises.

Well, actually palming isn't that difficult to do, and it is really quite relaxing. I often become too lazy to do other stuff and just want to keep on palming!

So it's actually quite simple. Just close your eyes, and then cover your palms over them to block out most of the light. I usually do it lying on my back with my elbows pointing upward plus a pillow beneath my arms for support. You can also do this while sitting at a table, but you have to be careful of craning your neck forward and making yourself uncomfortable.

Once you get into a comfortable position, you just sort of daydream and zone out. You can think of it as taking a nap, except with your eyes covered.

RE: My first day - cooxie - 05-03-2016

(05-02-2016, 09:22 PM)David Wrote: I'm glad you stopped the hard blinks. It does have an effect, but trust me, it doesn't produce any kind of lasting change. Your cornea is very pliable, and this flattens the cornea somewhat momentarily to focus the light rays better on your retina, in the case of myopia. Pulling at the corners of your eyes to squint them, or tears in your eyes, have the same kind of effect. Contact lenses work the same way, as they're thicker around the edges to create a less concave surface.

The bottom line is the eyes can't be molded into the right shape by these kinds of pressures. They are the way they are because the muscles are continually pulling them into defocus because of bad vision habits that stress them and cause dysfunction.

But it sounds like you already got the sense that this wasn't a good thing.

Yeah, I can feel my eyes very well now. Big Grin

Quote:Well, actually palming isn't that difficult to do, and it is really quite relaxing. I often become too lazy to do other stuff and just want to keep on palming!

So it's actually quite simple. Just close your eyes, and then cover your palms over them to block out most of the light. I usually do it lying on my back with my elbows pointing upward plus a pillow beneath my arms for support. You can also do this while sitting at a table, but you have to be careful of craning your neck forward and making yourself uncomfortable.

Once you get into a comfortable position, you just sort of daydream and zone out. You can think of it as taking a nap, except with your eyes covered.

Yeah, I watched video and read about this in my book. It says, that eyes should not see any light, and eyelashes can't touch palms. So I can't to relax my hands :/