MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Palming/imagery - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Palming/imagery - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Palming/imagery (/showthread.php?tid=3265)

Palming/imagery - Joe100 - 10-09-2016

I am trying to use palming with imagery, but it is difficult. I have a hard time seeing images and even a harder time seeing the one I want to see. Is this a normal thing or something I need to work out. Or do I just palm and let myself wee what the brain wants How did Bates use this practice?

Joe

RE: Palming/imagery - Nancy - 10-10-2016

(10-09-2016, 04:05 PM)Joe100 Wrote: I am trying to use palming with imagery, but it is difficult. I have a hard time seeing images and even a harder time seeing the one I want to see. Is this a normal thing or something I need to work out. Or do I just palm and let myself wee what the brain wants How did Bates use this practice?

Joe

Joe, don't try. Don't try to see anything. Just let yourself relax into the peace and dark, not having to do anything for the moment. You are giving both your brain and your eyes a break from trying to accomplish.

RE: Palming/imagery - Joe100 - 10-12-2016

Reading Dr Bate's books  I thought Ia person was supposed to think of something plesant when they palmed. Is this not important?

Also can a person use a blindfold instead of the palms?

Joe

RE: Palming/imagery - David - 10-12-2016

Joe, see this if you haven't already.
http://www.iblindness.org/3072/palming-simple-instructions-and-a-faq/

Hands are best, but you don't even need your hands. Now we meditate, which wasn't a mainstream word when Bates was around.