MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Hey guys... I need help while doing shifting... - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Hey guys... I need help while doing shifting... - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Hey guys... I need help while doing shifting... (/showthread.php?tid=3287)

Hey guys... I need help while doing shifting... - Sirjan78 - 11-29-2016

Hey guys..i just want to know that can i do shifting in night time cuz im not free during daytime so nd i found that in night time i cannot work with shifting as fully as during daytime cuz i dont get clarity vision when doing in inside lighr as i used to see in the sunlight so  what can i do to get clear vision whennot waearing glasses nd doing Shifting atnight time..plz hep me guys nd my erye powrr is-4.25 in left eye anD -5.5 in rt eye.. Thanks  for reading..hope u guys will help me..cuz i need ur heLp...thankS?

RE: Hey guys... I need help while doing shifting... - mandalaToronto - 12-01-2016

(11-29-2016, 08:28 AM)Sirjan78 Wrote: Hey guys..i just want to know that can i do shifting in night time cuz im not free during daytime so nd i found that in night time i cannot work with shifting as fully as during daytime cuz i dont get clarity vision when doing in inside lighr as i used to see in the sunlight so  what can i do to get clear vision whennot waearing glasses nd doing Shifting atnight time..plz hep me guys nd my erye powrr is-4.25 in left eye anD -5.5 in rt eye.. Thanks  for reading..hope u guys will help me..cuz i need ur heLp...thankS?

Hello
Yes you can shift at night. You can use a bright full spectrum light (not LED) in th room if you want. Shift by shifting pressure on one foot and then the other instead of twisting the body from side to side. We really don't know how Bates would have taught shifting since none of us were there but it seems to me that you can avoid a lot of joint problems by keeping the body as straight as possible when shifting.., At least that is how I shift. My teacher said to twist the body from side to side but I developed joint problems so now I just shift my weight from one foot to another. That is still shifting.
Good luck

RE: Hey guys... I need help while doing shifting... - Sirjan78 - 12-25-2016

(12-01-2016, 12:39 PM)mandalaToronto Wrote:
(11-29-2016, 08:28 AM)Sirjan78 Wrote: Hey guys..i just want to know that can i do shifting in night time cuz im not free during daytime so nd i found that in night time i cannot work with shifting as fully as during daytime cuz i dont get clarity vision when doing in inside lighr as i used to see in the sunlight so  what can i do to get clear vision whennot waearing glasses nd doing Shifting atnight time..plz hep me guys nd my erye powrr is-4.25 in left eye anD -5.5 in rt eye.. Thanks  for reading..hope u guys will help me..cuz i need ur heLp...thankS?

Hello
Yes you can shift at night.  You can use a bright full spectrum light (not LED) in th room if you want.  Shift by shifting pressure on one foot and then the other instead of twisting the body from side to side.  We really don't know how Bates would have taught shifting since none of us were there but it seems to me that you can avoid a lot of joint problems by keeping the body as straight as possible when shifting..,    At least that is how I shift.  My teacher said to twist the body from side to side but I developed joint problems so now I just shift my weight from one foot to another.  That is still shifting.
Good luck

Tq mandala for ur reply..i really appreciate that..bt i dont have full spectrum light nd its expensive just got led bulb in home...can i do shifting in night with just led bulb or i should hav full spectrum light at home?? Plz help me..i cant do shifting in daytime so got no option bt to do in night..nd thanks