MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Snow Fall Practice - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Snow Fall Practice - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Snow Fall Practice (/showthread.php?tid=3291)

Snow Fall Practice - Nadia - 12-11-2016

I live in the Golden Horseshoe part of Canada, where we have all 4 seasons.  I used to be unhappy about the approaching Winter because of the lack of light and also the cold temperatures/winds making my outside practice a lot more restricted.  Today we got our first snowfall, where the white stuff actually is accumulating on all surfaces.  The white scenery actually makes up for the lower light and walking in the snow fall makes me practice my rapid blinking, too. Rolleyes

I didn't even want to come inside from my walk.  I feel very relaxed now.  This is going to be a great season for my eyes!   Big Grin
Anyone wants to share ideas about their winter practice?

RE: Snow Fall Practice - Nancy - 12-11-2016

(12-11-2016, 09:31 AM)Nadia Wrote: I live in the Golden Horseshoe part of Canada, where we have all 4 seasons.  I used to be unhappy about the approaching Winter because of the lack of light and also the cold temperatures/winds making my outside practice a lot more restricted.  Today we got our first snowfall, where the white stuff actually is accumulating on all surfaces.  The white scenery actually makes up for the lower light and walking in the snow fall makes me practice my rapid blinking, too. Rolleyes

I didn't even want to come inside from my walk.  I feel very relaxed now.  This is going to be a great season for my eyes!   Big Grin

Yes! I'm in the USA in NY state about 2 hours north of NYC, and have also noticed that the snow on the ground reflects a lot of light, seeming to compensate for the lack of light from the sky. The air is clearer with no humidity haze so I can see farther than I expected. I try to get outside every day at noon even for a short time, to do some sunning, appreciating the natural light. I look out the window beyond my computer regularly. When I'm outdoors, the detail in the tracery of the bare tree branches is great for depth practice. I make sure to appreciate whatever light there is, rather than being upset that it's dim.

RE: Snow Fall Practice - egkopin - 01-07-2017

(12-11-2016, 03:06 PM)Nancy Wrote:
(12-11-2016, 09:31 AM)Nadia Wrote: I live in the Golden Horseshoe part of Canada, where we have all 4 seasons.  I used to be unhappy about the approaching Winter because of the lack of light and also the cold temperatures/winds making my outside practice a lot more restricted.  Today we got our first snowfall, where the white stuff actually is accumulating on all surfaces.  The white scenery actually makes up for the lower light and walking in the snow fall makes me practice my rapid blinking, too. Rolleyes

Yes! I'm in the USA in NY state about 2 hours north of NYC, and have also noticed that the snow on the ground reflects a lot of light, seeming to compensate for the lack of light from the sky. The air is clearer with no humidity haze so I can see farther than I expected. I try to get outside every day at noon even for a short time, to do some sunning, appreciating the natural light. I look out the window beyond my computer regularly. When I'm outdoors, the detail in the tracery of the bare tree branches is great for depth practice. I make sure to appreciate whatever light there is, rather than being upset that it's dim.

I have never before been able to walk outside into the snow and have it fall on my face with no glasses in the way. It is very magical. On Wednesday I was watching the snow fall, while inside, and I opened up my senses to it so I could see the depth of the snow. I stopped using my centeal fixation( well, myeccentric fixation) and started to use more peripheral vision to just embrace the snowfall. I started getting very tingly sensations and my vision has been improving steadily again with remembering how I relaxed my vision to enjoy the full experience.

RE: Snow Fall Practice - Nadia - 01-22-2017

One thing leads to another, I started ice skating this year, too, after a 21-year break...

RE: Snow Fall Practice - lorent015 - 03-23-2017

(12-11-2016, 09:31 AM)Nadia Wrote: I live in the Golden Horseshoe part of Canada, where we have all 4 seasons.  I used to be unhappy about the approaching Winter because of the lack of light and also the cold comparateur mutuelle chien  temperatures/winds making my outside practice a lot more restricted.  Today we got our first snowfall, where the white stuff actually is accumulating on all surfaces.  The white scenery actually makes up for the lower light and walking in the snow fall makes me practice my rapid blinking, too. Rolleyes

Hello!
What about the person who lives in a island that only have 2 seasons and no snow?!
Thanks!