MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
looking for natural eye dr. - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
looking for natural eye dr. - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: New Members - Introduce Yourself (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: looking for natural eye dr. (/showthread.php?tid=3293)

looking for natural eye dr. - friendsofshenyun - 12-31-2016

My glasses broke over a month ago and I was unsure where to get my eye exam as the eye dr's generally prescribed 2,3 x stronger eye prescriptions. The natural vision eye doc in Cambridge MA charged $200 out of pocket. She'd expired when I went back for eye exam. That was years ago as I like to keep the same glasses until it is necessary to have another eye exam due to stronger and stronger eye prescription.

I ended up going to LCrafter at the mall.
The young eye dr. recommended: 
OD -7 C -0.5 Axis 025 
OS -6 C 0.00 Axis 00 0

I went back for a second fitting with another eye dr. in the same office knowing it was a stronger eye prescription than needed. 

The second eye dr. said he had about the same result but I know it is 2, 3x stronger than needed.
2nd new prescription:
OD -6.50 C -0.75 Axis 065
OS -5.50 C -0.25 Axis 100

Reading prescription
OD -5.50 C -0.75 A065
OS -4.50 C-0.25 A100

With the new eyeglasses, vision seems to be off when I look left. 
I found glasses had taken off when I was reading bottle labels at the pharmacy.

Didn't know whether I should get a new pair of eyeglasses with the new reading prescription as I am comfortable with the old reading prescription.

There was a post about someone going thru the 1.5hr eye exam and ended up with a reduced prescription.

I am looking for a natural vision optometrist in Boston area who won't overcharged as it will have to be out of pocket. 
ClarkNights Bates method on to do list.

Thank you

RE: looking for natural eye dr. - Nadia - 01-22-2017

You could just insist on getting the same prescription saying that only those felt good for prolonged computer use. You can tell him the new ones give you headaches. I pulled this off successfully twice. ?

RE: looking for natural eye dr. - Nadia - 01-22-2017

(01-22-2017, 05:47 PM)Nadia Wrote: You could just insist on getting the same prescription saying that only those felt good for prolonged computer use.  You can tell him the new ones give you headaches. I pulled this off successfully twice.

RE: looking for natural eye dr. - friendsofshenyun - 01-25-2017

(01-22-2017, 05:47 PM)Nadia Wrote: You could just insist on getting the same prescription saying that only those felt good for prolonged computer use.  You can tell him the new ones give you headaches. I pulled this off successfully twice. ?
Hi 
3rd eye dr. reduce the prescription on the right eye by -0.50 
Did you go with your dr's prescription or make some changes on the prescription
 Thank you