MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Why do people find it necessary - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Why do people find it necessary - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Why do people find it necessary (/showthread.php?tid=413)

Why do people find it necessary - NoBones - 06-11-2007

I've got a mild astigmatism in both eyes.  I'd like it to go away.  It hasn't ever gotten worse, but it hasn't ever gotten better.

I lurked on the usenet vision group for quite a while, but the only thing I learned is that the doctors there don't come over here (or to the other online natural vision improvement groups) and troll, but that the advocates of natural vision improvement seem to take great pleasure in going over there and trolling.

Why can't each side just have its own turf and leave the other side alone?

Re: Why do people find it necessary - NoBones - 06-11-2007

I'm going to respond to my own post here which usually isn't considered appropriate.

I just went over to the science.med.vision forum on google and saw that one of the posters from right here on iblindness is actually giving horrible advice to people under somebody else's name.

A 30 year old guy came on with double vision and this guy told him:

absolutelyinvincible@hotmail.com Wrote:> Ah, don't worry about it Manuel.

> Everyone experiences that at some time or another.

> My vision is far beyond perfect, but even then, every few months or so
> I suddenly become diplopic, along with many other strange phenomenon,
> such as becoming myopic, astigmatic, or hypermetropic.

> Basically, I wouldn't stress over it too much.

Is this the kind of help that people get from this forum?  I guess I'll have to spend some more time figuring out who's here to help and who's here to get sick laughs.

Re: Why do people find it necessary - apavel - 06-11-2007

My dear Bones,
Bates introduced the idea that the eye is dynamic.  He used the retinoscope to show that within one second the eye adapts many refractive errors of varying degrees that last as long as the eye's saccadic eye movement.  The documented this in his book "Better Eyesight without Glasses", I can't recall what page it was on but I can find it if you really like me to.  The average of the refractive errors is the the refractive state that you observe.  My point is that you shouldn't get worried about something that happens in one blink (in reference to someone who occasionally gets double vision for a few seconds).

If you don't like my advice you can ignore my posts, I was only trying to help.  It's also very unreasonable of you to accuse me of posting on some google forums under another name, just because some guy's post looks similar to one of mine.

(assuming you're drawing reference to my post here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.php/topic,48.msg2597.html#msg2597">http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.p ... ml#msg2597</a><!-- m -->)

Re: Why do people find it necessary - NoBones - 06-11-2007

Paul Wrote:My dear Bones,
Bates introduced the idea that the eye is dynamic.  He used the retinoscope to show that within one second the eye adapts many refractive errors of varying degrees that last as long as the eye's saccadic eye movement.  The documented this in his book "Better Eyesight without Glasses", I can't recall what page it was on but I can find it if you really like me to.  The average of the refractive errors is the the refractive state that you observe.  My point is that you shouldn't get worried about something that happens in one blink (in reference to someone who occasionally gets double vision for a few seconds).

If you don't like my advice you can ignore my posts, I was only trying to help.  It's also very unreasonable of you to accuse me of posting on some google forums under another name, just because some guy's post looks similar to one of mine.

(assuming you're drawing reference to my post here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.php/topic,48.msg2597.html#msg2597">http://www.iblindness.org/forum/index.p ... ml#msg2597</a><!-- m -->)

Not unless you posted under the e-mail address <!-- e --><a href="mailto:absolutelyinvincible@hotmail.com">absolutelyinvincible@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->.

It doesn't appear that you did.