MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Should I continue the long swing? - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Should I continue the long swing? - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Should I continue the long swing? (/showthread.php?tid=435)

Should I continue the long swing? - chris hansen - 06-19-2007

Hello,

I've been practicing the long swing quite a bit for a long time now and, although it's gotten better, my eyesight is never better after doing it and is often worse. I suppose I could have been doing it incorrectly all this time, even with some coaching over the telephone with a teacher. Does it make sense to concentrate on other exercises that make an immediate improvement or is there some kind of long term benefit to the long swing even if I don't see it right away. I noticed, from reading Bate's writing, that he would try different things with a patient until he found something that gave immediate results, should I follow that example? I should also add that my progress has been very slow and I feel ready to change things up a little.

Thanks.

Re: Should I continue the long swing? - chris hansen - 06-19-2007

I haven't heard of that, where can I learn about it?

Re: Should I continue the long swing? - David - 06-19-2007

How many minutes do you practice the long swing at one time?

David

Re: Should I continue the long swing? - otis - 06-19-2007

Dear Chris,

This method is posted on i-blindness under:

"Eyesight Side Topics",

and the title is:

"The Neil Brook's Vision cure..."

I hope you find this helpful.  It is basically
"sunning" but with the use of heated rice-balls,
and described in the article.

Check it out.

It should be very relaxing.

Best,

Otis

Re: Should I continue the long swing? - chris hansen - 06-20-2007

David Wrote:How many minutes do you practice the long swing at one time?

David

Usually 10 minutes at a time, sometimes more or less. It usually starts off well but, after a couple minutes, I start getting tense around the face and eyes and the scenary starts to jump around. Palming for a minute helps but then I start to get tense again.

Re: Should I continue the long swing? - chris hansen - 06-20-2007

otis Wrote:Dear Chris,

This method is posted on i-blindness under:

"Eyesight Side Topics",

and the title is:

"The Neil Brook's Vision cure..."

I hope you find this helpful.  It is basically
"sunning" but with the use of heated rice-balls,
and described in the article.

Check it out.

It should be very relaxing.

Best,