MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Laser Eye Surgery - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Laser Eye Surgery - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Laser Eye Surgery (/showthread.php?tid=438)

Pages: 1 2

Laser Eye Surgery - apavel - 06-22-2007

Hello,
A few months ago someone posted a website link leading to a site the describes post-surgery problems.  That page had a series of pictures arranged in a rectangular fashion that show possible laser eye surgery side effects.  It illustrated ghosting (clock was one of them - seeing multiple clocks), starring (cars driving at night), an eyechart with letters clear enough to read the 20/20 line, but each letter is very deformed.

I wanted to show this to a friend of mine.  I've been searching for that link for some time, and couldn't find it anywhere on these forums.  If someone remembers where it was or who wrote the post please let me know.

Thanks.

Paul

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - David - 06-22-2007

The only one I remember is surgicaleyes.org.

David

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - apavel - 06-22-2007

that was it, thanks Dave

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - ROL - 06-24-2007

[quote="Paul "]
Hello,
A few months ago someone posted a website link leading to a site the describes post-surgery problems.  That page had a series of pictures arranged in a rectangular fashion that show possible laser eye surgery side effects.  It illustrated ghosting (clock was one of them - seeing multiple clocks), starring (cars driving at night), an eyechart with letters clear enough to read the 20/20 line, but each letter is very deformed.

I wanted to show this to a friend of mine.  I've been searching for that link for some time, and couldn't find it anywhere on these forums.  If someone remembers where it was or who wrote the post please let me know.

Thanks.

Paul

Hi Paul, assuming that one is keen to undergo Laser correction, do you think that your friend would be dissuaded from going for Laser surgery after viewing the website?  The pictures look horrendous, it's hard to accept how those 20/20 vision can look like? Over here at my place Laser surgery remains a popular choice for vision correction and I have yet to hear any 'horror' stories from people I know, maybe it's really 'constituting only 1%'. But there is one thing I can tell or rather 'see' from the eyes of those who has gone through Lasik after I have understood a large part of Bates principle: The strain is still there.

I can explain it as: the tight facial expression....the squinting of the eyes in bright light, the stagnant eyeballs, the strain to see at certain times... even when one has achieved 20/20 after surgery....it's all made more obvious without the spectacles 'blocking' your eyes. Just my humble opinion. You can give it a try and observe people around you.

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - apavel - 06-24-2007

no, she has 20/10 eyesight, yet I like to discuss some NVI topics with her. 

A very popular complaint is the loss of night vision.  The problem is that most don't realize it because they don't know what good night vision is.  It's the same reason why some people don't realize their eyesight is not perfect anymore.  They begin to forget what perfect eyesight is, and lose their imagination of distant objects.

Before I heard of the Bates method, I was planning on having surgery performed because I thought it was the only way.  The only thing that scared me is the fact that I may lose my night vision.  This would be very unfortunate because my night vision is amazing.  I have friends with incredible visual acuity, but it's funny to watch them try to find the light switch or the flashlight in the dark.  Something that appears plain darkness to them, is almost as clear as day for me - except everything is black and white of course.  I think my amazing night vision runs in the family.

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Kazekage - 06-25-2007

Wow Paul, that's so cool!! I wish I had amazing night vision... o_O

Do you eat lots of carrots by any chance?

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Otter - 06-25-2007

i can see colors in teh dark

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Kazekage - 06-25-2007

I can see ghosts in the dark  ??? :Smile :-[ :-\ :-X ???

Aha, beat that!!

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Otter - 06-25-2007

i can see letters in the dark last time i checked but i've only done it once, because reading in the dark strains your eyes.

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - apavel - 06-25-2007

lol no not much more carrots than a normal person.

ghosts in the dark kaze? That's very impressive.  I need light to see ghosts  Tongue

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Jason - 06-25-2007

I can see ghosts in digital pictures I took a long time ago.

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Jamie2820 - 06-26-2007

I read an article recently about the SAS force in England (I think it was them). They were considering having laser eye surgery to improve their 20/20 vision to 20/10. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - apavel - 06-26-2007

Had they known about the Bates method.

They don't realize that laser surgery does not give them laser vision!!!

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Petal - 06-26-2007

Horror stories of Laser Surgery? Nothing so extreme from where i come from. Just a few inconveniences like,

1) for one case(from newspapers), after surgery to remove myopia, the person have to wear glasses for farsightedness instead, as the correction is not 100% sucessful. 
2) another case(from a local forum), couple of years after surgery, myopia came back. Probably due to bad habits of using the eyes.
3)Story from the optical shop sales girl; a customer of hers find that after correction, the distance vision which used to be clear using glasses is not so clear anymore, and no glasses could make it as clear as it used to be before the surgery.
4) a friend of mine need to get the flesh of the side of the eye cut, as the equipment to perform the surgery is too big for his eye. Quite a painful experience for him.

Other than these stories, most people have dry eyes after surgery, and many didnt quite get the 20/20 vision, but most were quite satisfied with the results as they were quite myopic to begin with.

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Otter - 06-26-2007

Jason Sperry Wrote:I can see ghosts in digital pictures I took a long time ago.

cool.  what do they look like?  do they look like anomalies in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.(computer game)?