MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Laser Eye Surgery - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Laser Eye Surgery - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Complementary Methods (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Laser Eye Surgery (/showthread.php?tid=438)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Jason - 06-26-2007

Otter Wrote:cool.  what do they look like?  do they look like anomalies in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.(computer game)?

I have one posted here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/58060063/">http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/58060063/</a><!-- m -->

I also have a ton of other pictures that have tons of orbs in them, some of which seem like they were moving!  :o

I'm not familiar with that computer game.

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - David - 06-26-2007

Well post them up! I'd like to see them.

David

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - apavel - 06-26-2007

lol that one looks like a wet camera lens  Big Grin  Still pretty cool.

David Wrote:Well post them up! I'd like to see them.

David

I just posted the orb photos as well as the rest of the pics that had that one "ghost" in it:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://eyeonicambience.deviantart.com/gallery/">http://eyeonicambience.deviantart.com/gallery/</a><!-- m -->

Paul Wrote:lol that one looks like a wet camera lens  Big Grin  Still pretty cool.

That might be it, Paul! I actually remember that it started to rain as we were taking the deer pictures. And in fact, the last two pics I took at that scene were blurred from raindrops. If it really was nothing but rain making the camera lens wet, then it sure created an eerie sight!  Big Grin

Jamie2820 Wrote:I read an article recently about the SAS force in England (I think it was them). They were considering having laser eye surgery to improve their 20/20 vision to 20/10. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Wow...I laughed!! That is just so ridiculous...do you happen to know HOW they were planning on changing the eye to give it 20/10 vision? It can't be the same way they correct myopia...or is that how all laser surgery is performed?

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - ROL - 06-27-2007

..Other than these stories, most people have dry eyes after surgery, and many didnt quite get the 20/20 vision, but most were quite satisfied with the results as they were quite myopic to begin with....

Hi Petal, ah.....this is interesting, so in the end people find Laser surgery wonderful because their vision is 'so much better as compared to previous myopic state' even if it's not '20/20'. I have posted a thread called 'Wonderful LASIK, is it?' under this folder as well, and I have talked about someone I know who's eyesight deteoriated, a condition known as 'regression' and seems like the doctor implies that it is to be expected, if you don't get it, good for you. If you do, too bad...just live with the slightly less perfect vision, or zap some more of your corneal tissues if you can afford to. However, I believe they are still satisfied with <20/20 like what you said.

One question. For those of us who have understood and are practicing the Bates method, we will be able to deal with farsightedness as we age, theorectically, am I right to say this?

Regards,
ROL

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Otter - 06-27-2007

thats some scary wet lens!

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - David - 06-27-2007

ROL Wrote:One question. For those of us who have understood and are practicing the Bates method, we will be able to deal with farsightedness as we age, theorectically, am I right to say this?

Regards,
ROL

Right. People have all kinds of different vision problems, and correct eye use reverses or prevents virtually all of them. There's no way to overdo it and make yourself farsighted, because that condition is just a different way of misusing your eyes that many people fall into as they get older.

David

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - ROL - 06-27-2007

That's cool David. Oh yes, I remember reading a post by Catherine under 'success stories',  that she is recovering from presbyopia using the Bates method. I do hope it's not going to be as what the professionals said: It will happen to you one day as you age. Inevitable.

Thanks for the reply. Smile

Regards,
ROL

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - otis - 06-27-2007

Subject:  Military Lasik, in the USA.

Jamie>  I read an article recently about the SAS force in England (I think it was them). They were considering having laser eye surgery to improve their 20/20 vision to 20/10. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Here is a site by a US Air Force Academy -- Dr. Stetson.

After he left the Academy he set up his own practice.

See:

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.diamondvision.com">http://www.diamondvision.com</a><!-- w -->

The title of the article was, "Bladeless LASIK Breakthrough
technology endorsed by US Military."

I do not know about 20/10, but they use it to
get to 20/20.

Enjoy,

Otis

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - David - 06-27-2007

ROL Wrote:That's cool David. Oh yes, I remember reading a post by Catherine under 'success stories',  that she is recovering from presbyopia using the Bates method. I do hope it's not going to be as what the professionals said: It will happen to you one day as you age. Inevitable.

Thanks for the reply. Smile

Regards,
ROL

Well, they say the same thing about cancer, but most people fortunately are wise enough not to buy it.

It has to do with a societal belief. Here's something I quoted in another thread:

Quote:"Do you know that there are people who really believe that you start out little and incomplete and then you add unto, and you get bigger and stronger, and then you reach this sort of peak of physical perfection and then it's downhill forever more. This long or short slippery-slide toward an inevitable crashing and burning in a heap of death. And there are people that go to school to be trained to watch for evidence of that in anyone who's silly enough to let them look!"

People get hammered into them on a daily basis how they are heading toward that slippery-slide of physical (and mental) breakdown, by the hobbling old people around them in horrible condition, by the aches and pains and stiffness that the complainers complain about, by everyone who regardless of their current state of health has the belief that they will decline and get worse and worse in every aspect as they age. The eyes are just a small part of this belief. People now are convinced by vague reasons that they will live on average a bit longer than previous generations, and so they do. People just have no idea of the baggage they carry with them that continually shapes their reality, and how much power they have to change it.

What I was originally going to say is that this applies to optometrists and their patients. Optometrists get hammered into them that everyone's eyes start to become farsighted or presbyopic around age 40, and they believe it so strongly that their vibration is such that this belief is continually reinforced by every patient they see. On the flipside, I have a strong belief that there is no such inevitability and that there are tons of exceptions, and the vibration brings continual reinforcement by the emails I get from visitors and by the older people I see reading restaurant menus and anything else.

David

Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Jamie2820 - 06-30-2007

Jason Sperry Wrote:Wow...I laughed!! That is just so ridiculous...do you happen to know HOW they were planning on changing the eye to give it 20/10 vision? It can't be the same way they correct myopia...or is that how all laser surgery is performed?

I'm not sure. I read it a while ago and can't remember exactly what it said. Maybe it wasn't improving their vision to 20/10. I remember that their vision was normal and they were going to use lazer surgery to make their vision better.

Jamie