MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
suggestions needed - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
suggestions needed - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Administration (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Website Suggestions (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: suggestions needed (/showthread.php?tid=459)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: suggestions needed - clarknight - 06-07-2009

Better Eyesight Magazine May, 1927
Announcement
Because of the increased demand for the Bates Method in California, Emily C. Lierman, assistant to Dr. W. H. Bates for fourteen years and also manager of the Central Fixation Publishing Company of New York City, has opened an office at 609 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, California, where she is treating patients. Mrs. Lierman is also giving courses of instruction to those who desire to cure imperfect sight by the Bates method. At the completion of the course, the student receives a certificate authorizing him or her to improve defective vision by treatment without glasses.
Mrs. Lierman is delivering lectures throughout California and is showing moving pictures which illustrate the Bates Method of curing imperfect sight.

Someone with a good video camera can make a complete Bates video course.
Advertise with a short Youtube video and say; see iblindness.org for full length movie.
This will answer many questions all in one movie.

Announcement
Because of the increased demand for the Bates Method in California, Emily C. Lierman, assistant to Dr. W. H. Bates for fourteen years and also manager of the Central Fixation Publishing Company of New York City, has opened an office at 609 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, California, where she is treating patients. Mrs. Lierman is also giving courses of instruction to those who desire to cure imperfect sight by the Bates method. At the completion of the course, the student receives a certificate authorizing him or her to improve defective vision by treatment without glasses.
Mrs. Lierman is delivering lectures throughout California and is showing moving pictures which illustrate the Bates Method of curing imperfect sight.

Advertise with a short Youtube video and say; see iblindness.org for full length movie.

Announcement

Announcement

Announcement

Re: suggestions needed - clarknight - 06-08-2009

If someone with a video camera can make a video of a person doing every one of Bates treatments and maybe use a pointer or moving dot to show shifting on letters on a eyechart... A complete course in one or two videos.
Have it cover every true effective natural method.
This might upset Natural Vision Improvement teachers that charge for this exact thing as an 'in person' class for $300.00 and up but it would get Bates method out to the entire world, including poor countries!
Make a mini Youtube video to advertise the longer one hour video to download from http://iblindness.org
I have been working on one but busy and cannot afford a camera now. Am searching for the right persons to video tape. Someone that can do the activities correct, relaxed and be interesting, maybe a bit comical to watch.

Re: suggestions needed - blauw - 06-08-2009

clarknight Wrote:If someone with a video camera can make a video of a person doing every one of Bates treatments and maybe use a pointer or moving dot to show shifting on letters on a eyechart... A complete course in one or two videos.
Have it cover every true effective natural method.
This might upset Natural Vision Improvement teachers that charge for this exact thing as an 'in person' class for $300.00 and up but it would get Bates method out to the entire world, including poor countries!
Make a mini Youtube video to advertise the longer one hour video to download from http://iblindness.org
I have been working on one but busy and cannot afford a camera now. Am searching for the right persons to video tape. Someone that can do the activities correct, relaxed and be interesting, maybe a bit comical to watch.

I would think that having the videos on a site like iBlindness or Effortless Vision as the best place. That way people who are actually interested can view it not just the random Youtube searcher.... wait maybe that might be a good thing.... might help them... if they believe that its possible.

I think it is a good idea to have these videos and still have the NVI teachers $300 dollar course.

Blauw

Re: suggestions needed - David - 06-08-2009

A youtube video could bring a lot of traffic. It's getting to be a big way of advertising. Some unique videos have gone viral - tens or even hundreds of thousands of viewers, from being posted and reposted on forums and blogs by people who just want to share what they found.

Remember the All Your Base flash animation? Or the fabricated video of the plane landing on the freeway? Or the one with the plane landing safely with one wing broken off? Or 2 girls 1 cup?

Dave

Re: suggestions needed - goldrx7 - 06-10-2009

I'm kind of a newbie to your site; done a couple of posts. I certainly agree with earlier comments that a LOT of good information gets buried and is hard for a newbie to find. I'd like to say that I've had clear flashes for years and have stumbled around trying to exercise my eyes to improve my vision with no success. However, downloading the Bates material and reading the articles that were posted on this site has allowed me to make very significant progress. I'm very encouraged that you are looking for ways to make the site better.

It was the articles from the library that helped; basically because the information was easy to find and they were professionally written. I like the document management/Wiki concept, but since you are dealing with health/people's eyesight, I'm wondering if there should be some filtering of the information that is posted. Plus, if you end up with volumes of questionable content, it makes finding good material difficult. One way to handle it would be to create a panel of editors. Material being being submitted would go to them, they would review it and decide whether to add it to a library of articles. I'm a writer (no one of note) with a couple of books published, and I do audio narration, so I have a working knowledge of how publishers manage the influx of material they recieve (a quaint way of saying I've received lots of rejection notices!). Basically, you'd want to establish some guidelines to ease the pain of the editors, like requiring a half page synopsis of the article. The editor will be able to tell from the synopsis whether or not the article warrants reading and further review, or if they should just delete it and send an auto-generated polite rejection/thankyou to the contributor. I recommend that you select editors you trust, and then allow people to submit articles to an FTP site. Editors could then grab the material from the FTP site, review it and make a decision as to whether or not it gets published.

The same should go for audio or video materials. I definitely like the idea of creating videos that demonstrate the Bates method and exercises. A terrific idea. I mean, I'm still guessing at some of the exercises Smile

Re: suggestions needed - Mrcondo - 07-07-2009

I believe that Youtube videos could be of some help. Not just to grow a name and popularity, but also to better explain the techniques. If you do a quick search on any video site including Youtube, you will grossly find almost nothing about Bates' Method. But there is also a more lot of quackery on video sites, and more users would instantly dismiss a 'natural way to clear eyesight' no matter how true.

I think if the video segments were done in a professional manner such as other hotlinked videos, it could help. (I laughed when you mentioned 2 girls 1 cup... an odd example)

Re: suggestions needed - arandomkiwi - 08-27-2009

I reckon it would be cool if your site had one of the logo things Wink . The things that are like right next to the address bar. The little pictures. I think you get the picture.

Re: suggestions needed - clarknight - 09-02-2009

Spell checker software for the forum. I spend too much time re-reading my posts to be sure I spell correct and still I miss mistakkees. Oopps!

Re: suggestions needed - David - 09-02-2009

clarknight Wrote:Spell checker software for the forum. I spend too much time re-reading my posts to be sure I spell correct and still I miss mistakkees. Oopps!

Firefox has a built in spell checker. It underlines misspelled words as you type. Does Internet Explorer not do this?'

Dave

Re: suggestions needed - David - 09-02-2009

Mrcondo Wrote:I believe that Youtube videos could be of some help. Not just to grow a name and popularity, but also to better explain the techniques. If you do a quick search on any video site including Youtube, you will grossly find almost nothing about Bates' Method. But there is also a more lot of quackery on video sites, and more users would instantly dismiss a 'natural way to clear eyesight' no matter how true.

I think if the video segments were done in a professional manner such as other hotlinked videos, it could help. (I laughed when you mentioned 2 girls 1 cup... an odd example)

There was somebody on this forum not long ago who made a bunch of youtube videos. I don't remember who.

Dave

Re: suggestions needed - clarknight - 09-03-2009

I will try firefox.
I stopped using it because it blocks some of my pictures on websites. Dont know how to turn this off.

I placed some videos on Youtube. Needs some sound/clarity improvement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1MWGeF0iU4 Also check out happy Hag videos. and Greg Marsh