MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
suggestions needed - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
suggestions needed - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Administration (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Website Suggestions (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: suggestions needed (/showthread.php?tid=459)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: suggestions needed - barabaraboom - 11-03-2009

since im assuming most people who come to this site are gunna be near blind people like me :o you should add a thing that plays the confirmation code when registering. i coudnt read that at ALLLLLLLLLL

Re: suggestions needed - Mrcondo - 12-02-2009

barabaraboom Wrote:since im assuming most people who come to this site are gunna be near blind people like me :o you should add a thing that plays the confirmation code when registering. i coudnt read that at ALLLLLLLLLL

Haha, good point.

Re: suggestions needed - David - 12-02-2009

barabaraboom Wrote:since im assuming most people who come to this site are gunna be near blind people like me :o you should add a thing that plays the confirmation code when registering. i coudnt read that at ALLLLLLLLLL

I turned it down so it's easier to read. It seems to still stop the spambots so far.

Dave

Re: suggestions needed - spydermann - 01-17-2010

yeah when i'm in the forums, i sometimes want to go back to the home page to re read something, but there is no link back! So i have to open a new tab and return to the homepage that way. A link'd be mucho helpful

Re: suggestions needed - spydermann - 02-25-2010

I'm interested in all of your guys' vision stories! how you heard about natural vision healing, what improvements you've had, what you've learned, ect... we ought to have a "BIO" section under everyone's profile so we can click and learn about eachother

Re: suggestions needed - Nancy - 02-27-2010

Spyderman,
Yeah, that's a great idea. I just got another PM from someone who read that I used to be -10 and wants to know what glasses I'm wearing now (none most of the time), what I did to improve (read my blog!!), etc. I can't count the number of times I've answered this question, and while I don't want to ignore anyone who needs information and guidance and inspiration, it would be great if all that info about everyone here who wishes to contribute it could be found in one place.

Re: suggestions needed - spydermann - 02-28-2010

from negative 10 to no glasses! see that is amazing and definitely would be something for everyone to read on your profile! Maybe for now we can just put our stories under or "interests" section until maybe dave can get a bio section going

ps Dave if you do decide to do this, maybe you could send a message to all members to let them know about it so everyone can put in their eye-bio's and be aware of it, it'd be great!

Re: suggestions needed - clarknight - 03-06-2011

Dont know if this is the right place: David-Convert your basic forum and iblindness.org website, your new Bates method Articles into Kindle Format! It will bring iblindness.org to everyone on the Planet!
Its free to Publish and they support people also publishing a text copy of Kindles at Amazon Create-Space.
https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin

Re: suggestions needed - David - 03-06-2011

Clark, good suggestion, but I'm avoiding republishing anything in another form, because I feel like it's still a work in progress, and until I get it all to a point where I'm satisfied enough with it, I want to avoid something several years old floating around out there if possible.

Re: suggestions needed - clarknight - 03-06-2011

Let me know when you got it. Its great now so I cant wait to read the finished one!!

Re: suggestions needed - ted - 11-06-2012

What about the idea of "liking" single posts, as in facebook? Often times I'll like something I've read but wont have enough time or desire to write a response. I feel like a "like" button would help emphasize helpful/insightful posts.

Re: suggestions needed - David - 11-09-2012

ted Wrote:What about the idea of "liking" single posts, as in facebook? Often times I'll like something I've read but wont have enough time or desire to write a response. I feel like a "like" button would help emphasize helpful/insightful posts.

That might work. I also have a few other ideas I'm kicking around on giving members and visitors some control of the content of the site.

Re: suggestions needed - ted - 11-13-2012

Reading through your actual "David's Method" articles on your main website, I notice there's no "next chapter" button at the end of each Part and Part 3 has no Table of Contents button. A next part button would be handy.

Re: suggestions needed - clarknight - 11-14-2012

David; use Camtasia; http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html or other video software to make videos of you teaching each practice and embed from YouTube right into your David's Method pages and Blog! Can also be embed in a pdf with option for floating larger window.

Re: suggestions needed - David - 11-19-2012

ted Wrote:Reading through your actual "David's Method" articles on your main website, I notice there's no "next chapter" button at the end of each Part and Part 3 has no Table of Contents button. A next part button would be handy.

Ok, I'll add those in the next update.