MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
suggestions needed - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
suggestions needed - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Administration (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Website Suggestions (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: suggestions needed (/showthread.php?tid=459)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: suggestions needed - David - 11-19-2012

clarknight Wrote:David; use Camtasia; http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html or other video software to make videos of you teaching each practice and embed from YouTube right into your David's Method pages and Blog! Can also be embed in a pdf with option for floating larger window.

I'm not much for making videos myself. But it's a good idea to add something like that to the site.

Re: suggestions needed - Tsukiomi - 12-04-2012

I have recently been thinking about how useful it would be to include a section of the forum where people share how they lost their vision in the first place (or at least explain what that time in their life was like). If we could get enough people to share information, we would have a wealth of information to figure out what kinds of stresses cause myopia and presbyopia in the first place and thus they would be easier to prevent in the future.

Perhaps also a journal section might be a good idea, this site has the unique opportunity of gathering many peoples personal experiences with vision improvement which I find in overall lacking everywhere. It could help answers many newbies questions and we could gather more people who have actually gone through the process of recovery who could help people along.

Re: suggestions needed - ted - 12-15-2012

Yeah I really think a vision blog section would be really great. I don't know where I should put my blog at the moment, It feels like I shouldn't even have it on the forum because it doesn't belong in any of the sections. I could start a blog on another website and link it in my signature, but I think it would be great to have an official one on this website. It would be much easier to find everyone's blogs and see how others are progressing and it also wouldn't get in the way of threads in other sections.

Re: suggestions needed - David - 12-16-2012

I'll see about a blog. Like most things, the problem is I don't expect more than a few people would use it. I do link to members' blogs on other sites like Wordpress on the homepage, but maybe it isn't prominent enough.

Re: suggestions needed - ted - 12-16-2012

Yeah, those links are a cool feature. I'm just remembering when Robert had his website up he had a vision blog section. There seemed to be a good amount of blogs, although they weren't all updated too much.

Re: suggestions needed - clarknight - 02-03-2013

Heres a way to get 6 people together on video chat with Google+ ;

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2524553

https://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2572809&topic=2572813&parent=2572797&rd=1

They also have SlideShows; http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1696878

Heres my 1st attempt. Going to upgrade it in 1-2 months, maybe put an entire book on YouTube!;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmeEThcabNA

If anyone has old pictures of Bates teachers; Arnau, Guild, Peppard, Hacket, MacCracken... I will buy so can add into the history of the next video redo.

Mary

RE: suggestions needed - ted - 01-13-2014

How about an app?
It could unclude quick, easy access to articles, a renovated chat experience, and maybe even activities like guided palming, swinging, or imagination sessions. It could even have features like applying a small swinging motion to everything you do on your phone. I would be willing to help pay for a person to create the app, and I bet others would too. According to CBS news over 1 billion people have smartphones. Thats a lot of potential.

What d'you think?

RE: suggestions needed - wtfgod - 01-22-2014

Make the chat room easier to find, or if there is no longer one, then IRC. ^^

Also that anti-spambot thing almost got me, white on white fields on a blindness forum. Sad

RE: suggestions needed - David - 01-29-2014

(01-22-2014, 06:27 PM)wtfgod Wrote: Make the chat room easier to find, or if there is no longer one, then IRC. ^^

Also that anti-spambot thing almost got me, white on white fields on a blindness forum. Sad

The chat room is the widget floating on the bottom of the page.

Can you clarify the spambot thing? I tried registering and didn't encounter any white text on a white background.

RE: suggestions needed - wtfgod - 01-30-2014

(01-29-2014, 07:57 PM)David Wrote: The chat room is the widget floating on the bottom of the page.

Can you clarify the spambot thing? I tried registering and didn't encounter any white text on a white background.

Can't see a widget floating at the bottom of the page, do modern browsers block it?

I checked back at the registration page...looks fine. When I signed up for some reason I had trouble distinguishing the white form box from the gray background. Not sure if it was changed since I signed up, or the flux changing my colors makes it look different at different times of the day or maybe I'm just a lot blinder than I thought. Confused

edit: Just checked this page on IE and I now see the widget...it does not appear in firefox or chrome. Huh

I again nominate IRC! As the widget is inconvenient to use and doesn't work on real browsers.

RE: suggestions needed - David - 01-30-2014

The chat widget shows for me in Firefox, Chrome and IE.

Almost nobody knows what IRC is, and it seems to be mainly used by hardcore techies nowadays. I don't even have a client installed. To be an active chat room it's gotta be something that's as easy finding this website for the first time and clicking once or twice to enter the chat room.

But I just removed the chat from all pages except the forum, so that should help it from hitting the 25 user limit with people who aren't even interested in chatting and displaying the "chat full!" error. It counts current visitors toward the 25 user limit whether they are real people or bots.

RE: suggestions needed - wtfgod - 01-31-2014

(01-30-2014, 10:32 PM)David Wrote: The chat widget shows for me in Firefox, Chrome and IE.

Almost nobody knows what IRC is, and it seems to be mainly used by hardcore techies nowadays. I don't even have a client installed. To be an active chat room it's gotta be something that's as easy finding this website for the first time and clicking once or twice to enter the chat room.

But I just removed the chat from all pages except the forum, so that should help it from hitting the 25 user limit with people who aren't even interested in chatting and displaying the "chat full!" error. It counts current visitors toward the 25 user limit whether they are real people or bots.

Was suggesting just an in-line IRC on the main forum page, rather than in a widget at the bottom or an IRC not connected with the site at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6xIupDx6dE

On another note, can't figure out for the life of me why the widget isn't showing up in my chrome or firefox. Sad

RE: suggestions needed - clarknight - 02-01-2014

I think a video chat option attached to the chat and/or even better; a video page with chat also on it would bring in many people. Option for 2 people video or a group. Option for video or just audio. Videos, audios can be recorded, saved in a library page on iblindness.

Teachers, anyone skilled that has success with the Bates Method could sign up to teach for free or for a small fee, smaller than is posted by most popular teachers. Maybe by the minute 1-800 # or by 30 min, hour. A small fee goes to David for allowing the teacher to communicate through iblindness.
With all the Skype hacker attacks, iblindness can be a safe live teaching alternative.

This training could be recorded, saved in the iblindness library per the teachers choice or made as a rule by David that we must sign. This way more people obtain help with their eyesight improvement. Recording a video, audio is done with free screen capture software so any student can do it. Some teachers that are high priced wont like this so may not sign up, but we might get a few and even the high priced ones might sign on and do their usual limited, hide a lot of the training thing, but still; we will have them here, live! and they will let David keep their video in the iblindness library because it will be good advertising.

These videos can be solely iblindness property, no YouTube. Only members can record them as they communicate or are trained by teachers and use them at home with family, friends. Posting one video on a popular website, YouTube could be done only with David's permission and with a link to iblindness for forum sign up and access to the entire library.

Most video training I create for YouTube turns out best when I don't plan to do a video; its just a 'good feeling' day and I create one spontaneously.
I would love to help people on iblindness by video and allow it to be recorded. It will be a relaxed, easy flowing creation as the student asks questions, learns.

Debates with friends and foes could also be recorded so everyone gets their opinion out to the public. A special debate video page could be created for that.

From the chat. Another idea; an Eyechart page;

What am I doing? Collecting Emily Bates 1940... 'Perfect Sight Without Glasses' and 'Better Eyesight Without Glasses' print editions original books for her Big C eyechart. Got 2 diff. ones. Going to reproduce to exact size. Most of my charts print letters too small. Its good, you have clearer than 20/20 when see the 20 line clear but, people want the real stuff. Will place the charts free online and here when done. If anyone wants the first one I got now, let me know. It is a bit yellow but that can be photo shopped. Will try to scan somehow so comes out correct size. Anyone wants one and knows scan setting, let me know on the forum. Start a eyechart page. Maybe we can all search the internet, old book stores for every chart we can find and post all on the forum or a eyechart page for free download.

Sometimes I find them online and can reproduce to size, clarity; (Careful about copyrights)

https://www.google.com/search?q=eyechart&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&rlz=1I7GGNI_enUS539&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=igDtUsu7M4aCyAGokYD4Bg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=720

https://www.google.com/search?q=eyechart&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&rlz=1I7GGNI_enUS539&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=igDtUsu7M4aCyAGokYD4Bg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=720#q=eyechart+herman+snellen+&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&tbm=isch

RE: suggestions needed - wtfgod - 02-10-2014

As a little update on the chat widget:

I figured out what the issue was; apparently the plug-in 'Ghostly' prevents the widget from appearing at all. Also 'ADP' seems to interfere with it a bit, but will still show if it is enabled. ( For anyone who may have this issue )

But, as far as I know, no one actually uses the chat...except for the bots that were removed? Now my chat just shows 'just browsing people' with no chat rooms actually open.

RE: suggestions needed - clarknight - 02-10-2014

(02-10-2014, 12:27 PM)wtfgod Wrote: As a little update on the chat widget:

I figured out what the issue was; apparently the plug-in 'Ghostly' prevents the widget from appearing at all. Also 'ADP' seems to interfere with it a bit, but will still show if it is enabled. ( For anyone who may have this issue )

But, as far as I know, no one actually uses the chat...except for the bots that were removed? Now my chat just shows 'just browsing people' with no chat rooms actually open.

I gave my computer away and got a new one. I keep going to the lobby to use this old I gave to the tenants association because my new one seems to not work for iblindness Chat. Looks like all the old chats were erased, but if you try to make a new; no one is there and it won't post.