MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
suggestions needed - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
suggestions needed - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Administration (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Website Suggestions (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: suggestions needed (/showthread.php?tid=459)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: suggestions needed - clarknight - 02-11-2014

Chat still not work on any of my computers but I do notice there is a sound button; Does this work for talking to people. Would love to teach free on Chat by talking.

RE: suggestions needed - wtfgod - 02-11-2014

(02-11-2014, 05:17 AM)clarknight Wrote: Chat still not work on any of my computers but I do notice there is a sound button; Does this work for talking to people. Would love to teach free on Chat by talking.

I'm not sure how it's supposed to work. But I, for example, can turn on two browsers and chat with myself. I can also see others if they are logged on, but as you mentioned there does not seem to be any public channels.

Is anyone going to answer my question about chat? Have all old posts been wiped out? Is new chat being created? Still not working for my new and old computer.

(02-11-2014, 06:35 AM)wtfgod Wrote:
(02-11-2014, 05:17 AM)clarknight Wrote: Chat still not work on any of my computers but I do notice there is a sound button; Does this work for talking to people. Would love to teach free on Chat by talking.

I'm not sure how it's supposed to work. But I, for example, can turn on two browsers and chat with myself. I can also see others if they are logged on, but as you mentioned there does not seem to be any public channels.

Same here.
Maybe its a new thing David created? There is a anti-natural vision teachers gang; they started years ago as a gang of teens following lead of a older guy. They post weird to be disruptive. I suspect hide their ips. So maybe this new chat is better, weeds them out.

Quote:Same here.
Maybe its a new thing David created? There is a anti-natural vision teachers gang; they started years ago as a gang of teens following lead of a older guy. They post weird to be disruptive. I suspect hide their ips. So maybe this new chat is better, weeds them out.

Still in favor of IRC. It may not be a nifty little widget, but it functions well and would take like 30 seconds to add to the site. Only downside would be that you would need to give it some space on the page as it doesn't fold away like the nifty little widget...although I imagine that wouldn't be too difficult to figure out how to do either. (Just put a little button at the top of the forum [Live Chat] and have it open/collapse on click)

(02-11-2014, 07:56 AM)wtfgod Wrote:
Quote:Same here.

Still in favor of IRC. It may not be a nifty little widget, but it functions well and would take like 30 seconds to add to the site. Only downside would be that you would need to give it some space on the page as it doesn't fold away like the nifty little widget...although I imagine that wouldn't be too difficult to figure out how to do either. (Just put a little button at the top of the forum [Live Chat] and have it open/collapse on click)

I want audio and video chat. Got too many people asking questions, teaching endless lately. Not that I don't like the people but its so much easier to do it without typing.

Quote:I want audio and video chat. Got too many people asking questions, teaching endless lately. Not that I don't like the people but its so much easier to do it without typing.

Could use a streaming service and just link people to it, or record videos. As far as site options maybe a widget that includes video would work.

for example:
<script type="text/JavaScript" src="https://GoChat.us/chat.js" defer="defer" async="async"></script>

That's pretty fringing cool! David should check it out! I just tired and my camera was instantly connected!

Here's the link to it; http://www.gochat.us/

Is this secure? Don't want to goof up anything.