MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re: Having flashes. But, no improvement in the eye chart test. - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Re: Having flashes. But, no improvement in the eye chart test. - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Re: Having flashes. But, no improvement in the eye chart test. (/showthread.php?tid=466)

Having flashes. But, no improvement in the eye chart test. - garyyang6 - 07-20-2007

Hi,

My daughter have practiced the Bate's method for almost 2 month. She says that she has flashes several times a day recently. She has flashes about 5 or 6 times a day for one and half week as of today. I tested her with the eye chart. I expected her vision should be improved, at least a little bit. But, I am disappointed that her vision still keeps the same she had before practicing the Bate's method. I wonder how long the flashes should take until her vision can be improved? Improve means at least one line improment in the eye chart.

Thanks,

Gary

Re: Having flashes. But, no improvement in the eye chart test. - David - 07-20-2007

Gary,

That's how improvement usually happens. For example, it may be that she continues to get clear flashes but doesn't necessarily improve on the chart at the times when you test her, until at one point she is able to read the bottom line on the chart, without having tested as working her way down to smaller and smaller lines. This is because it isn't really a process of improvement so much as it is a process of learning to not strain the eyes, and sometimes that can be an all-or-nothing thing.

Also, the person testing makes a difference. The presence of someone with strained eyes like hers will affect her and sort of prevent her from feeling okay about relaxing her eyes.

David