MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Blinking - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Blinking - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Blinking (/showthread.php?tid=481)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Blinking - Petal - 01-06-2009

Hi,
I've recently realise that blinking really does help in vision. However, it only helps if I blink really a lot .

At first the strain around the my right eye make every blink feels difficult and hard. However, with practice the strain seem to loosen up and after a week or two and the strain seem to dissolve bit by bit. Had not been able to see any permanent improvement yet but I think that this is the method which is most beneficial for me so far, as blinking a lot will probably break the bad habit of staring.

There is a drawback though. I know that blinking is suppose to be natural and barely noticeable if done correctly. But considering how strain my eyes and face muscles are, it is nearly impossible to blink without looking strange and forced. But I hope all this will change with sufficient practice.

Regards,
Petal

Re: Blinking - spydermann - 01-08-2010

Petal Wrote:but I think that this is the method which is most beneficial for me so far, as blinking a lot will probably break the bad habit of staring.

Does sound benificial. Man i always catch myself staring, you've notice it helps?

Yes i'm definately going to start up. Hows it been going? has it gotten easier? I wonder if someone could focus on only mastering blinking really softly and frequently, if it would help the eye to relax.

Its strange- its almost more of an eye workout for me to blink softly, i guess its using different muscles...

I've been punching that paper clip off of the desk for years now! Gotta relearn my flicking muscles...(good analogy bytheway)