MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Palming - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Palming - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Palming (/showthread.php?tid=540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Palming - Mihai_alexandru - 06-26-2008

Edit: It seems that Bates mentions something about floaters in his book:http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/ch23.html He says that they are illusions caused by strain. But are they really so?

Re: Palming - otto - 06-26-2008

Mihai_alexandru,
Quote:It seems that Bates mentions something about floaters in his book:http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/ch23.html He says that they are illusions caused by strain. But are they really so?
This might seem like a weird question but, why do you care? I still don't know for sure, but I don't waste time on it. If you want to use the Bates method you're going to have to take some things on faith until you can understand it through experience.

Re: Palming - David - 06-26-2008

The TV fuzz you guys mention is something that a lot of people with strained eyes will "see" with their eyes closed. Or when in a dark room, for that matter. Or when looking at a blank surface. It does go away. It's just another symptom of strain.

Dave

Re: Palming - Mihai_alexandru - 06-27-2008

I asked my mom who has glasses about this TV fuzz and she said that she has it too so it might be caused by strain too.

Re: Palming - Excelsior88 - 06-27-2008

That's reassuring that it's not just me.

Re: Palming - Fuelled logic - 08-21-2008

David Wrote:By popular request, here's all I know about palming.

As to why palming works, there's a lot of disagreement. One aspect is leaving your eyes alone, as mentioned above. But there also seems to be something that happens as a result of being in a meditative state or when sleeping - for whatever reason, by whatever process, this is when your body is repaired, and if you're deep enough into it, the process of strain is also stopped during this time. Tight muscles loosen. Sleep isn't always of very good quality to be a very good meditation - people often keep thinking while sleeping and thereby don't leave the way open (again, by whatever mysterious process this is) for the healing process.

There's also a theory about the hands having energy, positive energy from one hand and negative from the other, resulting in a flow into one eye and out the other.

David

Another reason why palming is so effective is because there are dozens of nerve endings in the palm of your hand. By having your palms so close to your eyelids, those nerve endings stimlate the eyes to physically relax them. Of course, the real benefit by a long way is the mental relaxation you experience through letting your imagination and memory flow.

Re: Palming - blauw - 04-24-2009

A couple of times while Palming I experienced a swaying/swinging feeling..... not sure what this means. I think I did palming before and after my swaying and swinging and pencil fusion routines. I usually palm for 20-30 mins at night and 5-15 mins in the morning. After palming it feels like my eyes don't exist.... well they feel so relaxed.

Re: Palming - barabaraboom - 11-05-2009

palming is really the simple most obvious and most instinctive way of fixing vision

lol its Master Bates ;D

Re: Palming - burnee - 11-22-2009

Palming is my favourite exercise.
If insert pictures of all exersices, it is interesting and people understand well. ;D
Good luck everyone

Re: Palming - Ares - 11-22-2009

barabaraboom Wrote:palming is really the simple most obvious and most instinctive way of fixing vision

Indeed is a great way to improve your sight.
I believe that the couple of Sun and Palm can have significant results.

While searching ways to "enchant" my palming, i used earphones to listen relaxing music or any music that causes increment of imagination.

Also reading books and imagine what you read, or trying to remember things that happened and made you feel relaxing has nice results.

Also, if i start to feel uncomfortable, i notice that putting the hands in a relaxing position, and cover the eyes with a pillow or something works as well.

Never palming if your hands are uncomfortable.

Re: Palming - DaniFixe - 03-30-2010

In the book that i have read,they only talk to do palming about 5 min. but it seems it's not enought. I want to know if i can do palming lying my bed,or this is not a good posture.
Cumps.

Re: Palming - Ares - 05-05-2010

Mihai_alexandru Wrote:Edit: It seems that Bates mentions something about floaters in his book:http://www.iblindness.org/books/bates/ch23.html He says that they are illusions caused by strain. But are they really so?

I have them.

They are more clear and visible when the strain is stronger.
But when my attention is away from my eyes and the strain is less i see them "blurred" or faded or not at all.

Its not an illusion, those things exist inside your eye, but your mind filters the image, and excludes them when the vision is normal, same way it filters the veins in the back of your eye you can probably see when you suddenly look at a strong light at night.
And so on, when your eyes are immobile, the mind, that works in totally absolute ways, starts to "filter" your normal perfect vision and so an error of refraction is caused.

Well, this is my personal opinion about a possible cause for errors of refraction.

Palming can be very helpful when you fight the bugs on your eyes. 8)

Re: Palming - JMartinC4 - 06-11-2010

I think I've made the mistake all these years of palming while hunched over on a desk so I could rest my elbows on the tabletop. It now occurs to me that the correct way for me to palm is while sitting or standing erect, head up, chin up, nose up, not curled into any sort of fetal-istic position! It feels like my head is slightly tilted back, but in actuality it is probably just closer to a more normal position and not slightly tilted forward. That meshes with some of Nancy's previous postings on sunning. Yes, indeed. A much more effective way for me to palm. And much closer to the correct head position for me to be walking around with! Reversing my myopia is like solving a gigantic puzzle - first I have to find all the pieces/clues. David's original posting on this topic is excellent. Why am I so dumb? Thirty roller-coaster years. Priceless.
O0 8) Smile

Re: Palming - DaniFixe - 06-11-2010

And lying over the bed,do you think is a correct position? On bed i feel all body relaxed,but i don't know if the posture is correct.

Re: Palming - Nancy - 06-11-2010

You can palm seated at a desk if you put a pillow or 2 on it to prop your elbows on, so you're not so bent over. Or get a lower chair. Similarly, palming in bed is fine, but you may wish to put pillows under your arms to support them so they don't get tired and cause you to strain.