MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
being less - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
being less - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: being less (/showthread.php?tid=687)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: being less - ted - 11-27-2012

Quote:You're pulling up threads from 4 years ago, and I had a different view of things back then. I don't agree with everything I wrote so long ago.

I just read through this whole thread and thought it was great, lots of different points of view heard as well.

Just curious David, since this post was a year ago or so, are there things in your posts in this thread that you disagree with now? or have additional things to add?

Re: being less - David - 11-27-2012

ted Wrote:
Quote:You're pulling up threads from 4 years ago, and I had a different view of things back then. I don't agree with everything I wrote so long ago.

I just read through this whole thread and thought it was great, lots of different points of view heard as well.

Just curious David, since this post was a year ago or so, are there things in your posts in this thread that you disagree with now? or have additional things to add?

I think I was partly irritated that eagleguy was bumping so many old threads and starting dozens and dozens of new threads over a couple days.

I don't think I've changed my mind on most of it. One thing I'd like to mention is people with blurry vision actually do have some good habits, so in noticing what you're doing it's worth considering whether every little thing may or may not be a good instinct. There's one element of the "trying to see" taboo that's actually a really important thing to do as a matter of active perception. Or maybe it's only possible to do once your vision is working above a certain level, I don't know. But it's nestled between bad habits that make it look bad by association. And also add in the factor of time, or what you do after you can or can't see something in the first instant, or what you do after a few seconds or half a minute, etc.

It's really hard for me to try to explain my thoughts without making it all seem more complicated. The more I try to stuff it into boxes, the more it all expands and shoots out the sides.

Re: being less - Nancy - 11-28-2012

About what you do after you can or can't see something, I've noticed myself becoming much less judgemental and frustrated with myself for "failing" when I can't see something, just curiously observing myself, asking "OK, what am I doing?". Seems to help -- at least it feels better!

Re: being less - ted - 12-10-2012

Quote:One thing I'd like to mention is people with blurry vision actually do have some good habits, so in noticing what you're doing it's worth considering whether every little thing may or may not be a good instinct. There's one element of the "trying to see" taboo that's actually a really important thing to do as a matter of active perception. Or maybe it's only possible to do once your vision is working above a certain level, I don't know. But it's nestled between bad habits that make it look bad by association. And also add in the factor of time, or what you do after you can or can't see something in the first instant, or what you do after a few seconds or half a minute, etc.

This is really dense and sounds like it's hitting on some topics that I've never read about but that everyone does go through. It also sounds like it'd be a good subject for another article of yours. Just puttin' that out there.