MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
personal stories forum - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
personal stories forum - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Administration (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Website Suggestions (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: personal stories forum (/showthread.php?tid=7)

personal stories forum - eukreign - 10-12-2005

I think there should be a forum where new users can introduce themselves and post their personal stories. That way you can post where you are in your vision improvement process and possibly get encouragement or tips from others on your specific issues. And you can post any progress you are making as well for others to see that this stuff really works and to help you stay commited to making it work.

Re: personal stories forum - David - 10-12-2005

Hi eukreign,

I encourage you to post personal stories in the Bates Method forum. Because it's just getting started, I'd like to keep the number of forums small for now. Smile

Dave

Re: personal stories forum - eukreign - 10-17-2005

Alright, but I think it would be easier for people to get invovled if there was a place they could introduce themselves and post about their own experiences.

Re: personal stories forum - dragon28 - 01-13-2006

I think you can open a sticky page about personal stories. Or an in-forum forum.

Re: personal stories forum - cherryredcutie - 06-15-2007

eukreign Wrote:I think there should be a forum where new users can introduce themselves and post their personal stories. That way you can post where you are in your vision improvement process and possibly get encouragement or tips from others on your specific issues. And you can post any progress you are making as well for others to see that this stuff really works and to help you stay commited to making it work.

I think this is a really good idea. I miss this in this forum, it is nice to have your own little personal space where you can talk about your improvement. It's easier to get to know the other members as well and it makes it easier to follow their progress. And as the introductions thread is closed now and we have over 300 members it would be a good time to start, don't you think Wink?

Regards,
Anne

Re: personal stories forum - Kazekage - 06-15-2007

Yes, I agree.

Maybe a new separate blog website should be created, and each member of this forum is automatically given their very own blog space, which other users in this forum can comment on. I think that would be brilliant, and a great learning experience seeing as we are all on so many different stages in our perfect sight goal.

Re: personal stories forum - David - 06-15-2007

Hmm. Blogs would be interesting. Blog software would be easy to get, but the tricky part would be to get it to interface with the usernames of this forum and create a separate blog for them. Or maybe another way. Allowing comments under each entry would be important too. I'll be thinking about this.

David

Re: personal stories forum - heaven1102 - 03-07-2010

Oh...

I agree with....

Re: personal stories forum - spydermann - 04-07-2010

I think it would be great if each user had a biography on our user profile. So if someone seemed interesting, we could just click on their picture and read whatever they wanted to write. it could be their current visual state/ specs, plus their vision healing story. their eye-bio.

Re: personal stories forum - David - 01-31-2011

spydermann Wrote:I think it would be great if each user had a biography on our user profile. So if someone seemed interesting, we could just click on their picture and read whatever they wanted to write. it could be their current visual state/ specs, plus their vision healing story. their eye-bio.

I'll see about doing something like that. It might require some programming. I especially want to encourage posters to keep a blog and have a visible link to it on their posts, but for now they pretty much have to add it to their signature.