MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Trying to help my daughter - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Trying to help my daughter - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Trying to help my daughter (/showthread.php?tid=727)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Trying to help my daughter - Oleg K. - 03-28-2008

If you have perfect sight, than it will greatly help you and her. Learn to palm, remember black, swing and all other Bates techniques YOURSELF, then you will be able to teach her. Otherwise you will most likely waste her time because you don't know what you are teaching her. Read the original book and practice yourself! Let her watch you and explain what you are doing. She should be motivated enough to practice because it will give her perfect sight. Find a way to make it a funny game.

Also, free her from any pressure about the marks she's getting in the school. Tell her that the marks mean nothing to you, to her and to anyone and it doesn't matter at all if her studying is successful or not. I remember myself that I started to see worse because my parent told me I should get the best marks. If you say she had had hard time before she joined your family, then it's even more important to release any pressure now.

Re: Trying to help my daughter - kristen - 05-21-2008

Hello,
I have realized how much strain my daughter has in her eyes (and obviously her heart) from watching her. No wonder her vision is where it is. It als explains why so many children in orphanages have bad vision. A little stressful.

We have not measured her vision lately because I am just trying to get her to relax and not worry. Every day we have a fun contest while she is at school and I am at work to see who can look out the door towards the mountain and take 5-10 deep breaths the most often. Not really an exercise I know but I am just trying to get her to relax at school. (I don't know what is going to happen to her when she moves to a school that does marks but I am guessing the strain will increase even more.) Anyway she started out 3 or 4 times a day looking in the distance compared to my 20+ times. So now that she wants to beat me she has done it daily 50+ times. I am hoping despite the competition that she actually is relaxing when looking at the mountain and breathing deeply. A few days she told me she even palmed after breathing so that is great.

Since she is so strong willed and very seldom makes healthy choices in life.... the swinging exercise was just a fight. Even trying to make her arm into an elephant trunk she still fought swinging so I decided to try an alternate version. Every day after school we launch a kite in the sky and when it is high enough and the wind picks it up she swings to follow the kite's movement. It is the best I can get her to do.

Despite the school calling telling me to get her glasses we have refrained getting them and with summer 2 weeks away I think be will be OK. I am hoping this summer since she plays all day outside that we have laid the groundwork for her vision to improve to go to the next level with her.
I have benefited tremendously from the sunning. I used to be practically blind coming inside from outside but after 10 minutes of sunning I walked inside with no transition issues at all! I was blown away. And it lasted for a few days so now to I do sunning every day and can't beleive how I can transition from light to dark like when I was a kid! And I threw away my sunglasses. I squint less now w/o sunglasses than my friends with sunglasses on! The sun is amazing! I always try to get my daughter to join me and she does but her face gets so tense because SHE NEEDS the sun that most of the time is spent helping her relax her face. Sometimes takes 10 minutes just to get her muscles to relax!

Re: Trying to help my daughter - Oleg K. - 05-21-2008

It's good to see that you have appreciated the value of sun treatment yourself. You'd agree that people's fear of the sun is ridiculous.

Quote:...but her face gets so tense because SHE NEEDS the sun that most of the time is spent helping her relax her face. Sometimes takes 10 minutes just to get her muscles to relax!

Now THIS is the exact indication that sun treatment will help her. If you read my recent posts about my own experiences of sun treatment, I wrote that the feeling of discomfort from the bright light is very helpful because it represents the pure strain and it is easy to dissolve with the burning glass. You can just perform regular burning glass procedure, whenever the sun feels disagreeable to her, and see wonderful results. Emily has described a case of a girl whose face muscles were tensed, and how sun treatment helped her. Try the burning glass and let us know.

The rest of "exercises" you mentioned are so far useless. Learn to do the universal swing yourself and experience the benefits, like you did with sun treatment. Then teach your daughter.